The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #3861
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
not megafarce that was the weakest season ever not to mention the megafarce red ranger had the acting ability of megan fox aka cardboard
Maybe they wanted to give that cast another chance because some of them had potential, but the material just wouldn't let them show it. I met Ciara Hanna in December 2016 and she was really cool.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #3862
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The Hashtag Show confirms eight of the rangers that will be returning for the Super Ninja Steel teamup. A lot of them have been nearly confirmed in the past, but according to the Hashtag Show, the eight they confirmed are as follows:

Spoiler:
Tommy
Kat
Gia
Gemma
T.J.
Koda
Wes
Rocky

The other two are among Ryan, Dana, Antonio, Carter, and Cassie. We saw Trent's weapon in a picture from the shooting of the episode. So if he's not involved, then I wonder how hey explain that, if at all.

The information comes from the video below, and the article. Both of which give more details.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/e...rsary-team-up/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcCC9ch6DU
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #3863
sdp
Megan Fox = April

What's the point of so many rangers returning? For MegaForce I understand since it was the anniversary using Gokaiger megabattle footage or whatever. But here I think 5 rangers returning a la Operation Overdrive would've been better as it would give each Ranger enough time to get some dialog in, instead of maybe ONE line like in Megaforce.

I'm also tired of Wes returning, Tommy I can forgive since well it's Tommy. Is it confirmed Rocky will be Red Ranger? I really hope not, Blue Zeo would be great but I'm guessing they'll want to go for MMPR Nostalgia with Tommy using White to make it different. If Tommy wore the Black Ranger suit I'd be psyched. If Tommy wears the Green suit I'll be disappointed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #3864
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Time Force will have some role to play in the story? Sounds interesting, like there could be more of a narrative purpose to assemble the Rangers together rather than randomly turning up for a fight.

The plot revolving around Tommy though? Yeah, that's bound to tickle JDF's ego a bit, but understandable since he is the face that runs the place
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #3865
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What's the point of so many rangers returning? For MegaForce I understand since it was the anniversary using Gokaiger megabattle footage or whatever. But here I think 5 rangers returning a la Operation Overdrive would've been better as it would give each Ranger enough time to get some dialog in, instead of maybe ONE line like in Megaforce.

I'm also tired of Wes returning, Tommy I can forgive since well it's Tommy. Is it confirmed Rocky will be Red Ranger? I really hope not, Blue Zeo would be great but I'm guessing they'll want to go for MMPR Nostalgia with Tommy using White to make it different. If Tommy wore the Black Ranger suit I'd be psyched. If Tommy wears the Green suit I'll be disappointed.
I see your point about a lot of rangers returning. It doesn't help that it'll also be for just one 30-minute episode. "Forever Red" had ten rangers and was also just one episode, and I think that turned out fine. So maybe there's hope.

Spoiler:
Rocky would be using the Red Ranger powers. There were pictures of the filming going around, and they showed weapons like the Chrono Saber, the Drago Sword, and the Power Sword. Jason won't be involved. So it's Rocky. So I also think of it as making up for him being missing in "Forever Red".

It also looks like Tommy will be the Green Ranger again. It's the ranger form that JDF prefers, as he thinks it's where Tommy was the most interesting. So what JDF wants, JDF gets. That's why he used the Green Ranger powers in "Legendary Battle". In fact, here are some links to TokuChris' tweets on the matter, which also confirm what powers Tommy, Rocky, Kat, T.J., and Gia will be using.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TokuChris...542888961?s=20

mobile.twitter.com/TokuChris/status/1003511282106970112?s=20

So it looks like Trent will be involved after all, along with Antonio and Chase. So I guess we have our ten rangers, plus Tommy, who I guess we know would have to be involved.

That actually brings the total up to eleven, just like how we thought we'd be getting just ten in Super Megaforce. I guess since Tommy is involved and he's supposedly the greatest ranger of all time, they need ten average joe rangers as support.

Out of everyone in this mix, Gemma might be the most interesting one to me, since she'll be active with all of these rangers without her brother. She'll probably be annoying the others with her penchant for blowing things up too.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #3866
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Forever Red handled 10 rangers very well, but this is neo-Saban era and in MegaForce it was severely lacking. I hope I'm wrong for this crossover but I just think it's easier in general to have 5 rangers and give them a purpose. Forever Red also had the advantage that they were all red rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Spoiler:
Rocky would be using the Red Ranger powers.

It also looks like Tommy will be the Green Ranger again.
Spoiler:
A shame. Don't get me wrong I'm going to have fangasm seeing MMPR Red/Green together.

As I mentioned we already saw Tommy as Green in the last crossover, I would've loved to see him as a different Ranger even if Green is my fav. Tommy. Zeo returned in Forever Red so it's White/Black that deserved to come back. I'd prefer Black because it's more obscure but White would've worked, you still get MMPR nostalgia and it's something different, don't forget that Saban sees white as iconic as Red rangers since he was in all those Red Ranger wallpapers even though he was a white ranger last anniversary.

As far as Rocky, yes it's awesome to see him as Red again, especially since he didn't even get a cameo in Forever Red. But we'll already have two MMPR rangers being represented, I'd rather have Zeo represented since we haven't gotten any Zeo representation since Forever Red. Also Rocky returning as Red MMPR kills me as that's Jason's powers and maybe means we won't see ASJ return soon. Not to mention that the power transfer went Jason > Rocky > Jason again > Rocky again? and if ASJ ever returns he'll get the powers back YET AGAIN ?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #3867
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Hasbo has now officially closed the deal to become the owner of Power Rangers.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...deal-official/

Amy Jo Johnson said that she would love to direct a reunion movie. She talked with Saban about directing an episode of the series in New Zealand. It was slowly happening, but it didn't pan out.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...e-love-direct/
Old 06-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #3868
Allio
Foot Elite

Don't know much about her directing skills. As far as I know we dodged a bullet.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #3869
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kyle Higgins will be departing as writer of the main Power Rangers comic book following the conclusion of Shattered Grid. Taking his place will be the team of Marguerite Bennett and Simone Di Meo.

A new team will also take over the book, comprised of Tanya, Ranger Slayer, Magna Defender, Andros, Cam, and the never-used Talon Ranger.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...yond-the-grid/
Old 06-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #3870
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kyle Higgins will be departing as writer of the main Power Rangers comic book following the conclusion of Shattered Grid. Taking his place will be the team of Marguerite Bennett and Simone Di Meo.
I hope they know what they're doing.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #3871
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just read the news of the new creative team and directon of the comic from comicbook.com. I read it for a Green Ranger focused original six. I knew it would nlt last and it has come to pass with the Green Ranger remaining dead so I am dropping the title. I hope it is good for the rest of you.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #3872
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are some of Kimberly's Hart's greatest moments. I'm surprised they didn't list the moment when she used her power bow and the Dragon Dagger to destroy Guitardo. Tommy even said afterwards that Kimberly saved them all.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...-best-moments/
Old 06-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #3873
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

There was an article written the other day on where the cast of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is now. However, they did not mention Catherine Sutherland.

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...ighty-morphin/

Maybe it was because she was only the second Pink Ranger in that series for 8 episodes. People know her better for Zeo and Turbo. Heck even the website for Power Morphicon listed her under the guests from Zeo.

http://officialpowermorphicon.com/guests-2018/
Old 06-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #3874
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It's a shame that A.J. did not stay until they de-aged again since it was so few episodes. There was the episode with Billy and her fighting a brick monster and then one where Rita tried to give Tommy a heart attack by overeating. Then Master Vile showed up. I might have forgotten an episode or two, but that was basically it.

Do you guys think the original six are done in Boom's Might Morphin Power Rangers after #30? It is hard to believe with all of these deaths aside from Tommy's murder that it will actually stick. Now I wonder if the nostalgic success of the series was transferred to Go Go! because of the inevitable shakeup and its success with the originals was desired to be extended while keeping whatever direction this is going. Thoughts?

Looking back it felt like even with 30 months of issues there was mostly alternate Earth evil Tommy focused which is disappointing. It was cool seeing the Promethea and Finster sending a horde of monsters into the population. I also enjoyed seeing Tommy and Billy interact by themselves. Despite being teammates the longest they never really got that. Too short. I hope after this patch team gets an arc we can see the original six some more. Its just the Lord Drakkon angle made me want more focus of the team without Drakkon around.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #3875
ZariusTwo
Overlord

David Yost, the original Blue Ranger, has begun writing a treatment for an MMPR reunion movie

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...arly-concepts/
Old 06-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #3876
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
David Yost, the original Blue Ranger, has begun writing a treatment for an MMPR reunion movie

It reads like Hasbro has not greenlit anything. Its like David and AJ are publicly working on a treatment to present. Harbro has not many comments itself has it? I would like to think it they are working on a treatment it means that Habro is open for it to happen.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #3877
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Maybe I used the wrong terminology.

Perhaps pitch?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #3878
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:

If that happens, I wonder if they will say that the character of Trini is no longer alive like her actress.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #3879
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
If that happens, I wonder if they will say that the character of Trini is no longer alive like her actress.
She died off screen facing the ultimate evil and inspires the other five to regroup and lead the way to defeating the ultimate evil. That is at least what I believe until David and A.J. tell us any different.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #3880
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are the best and worst crossover episodes. There is one that I am sure a lot of users on this forum will recognize or maybe want to forget.

Tags
power rangers