The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #141
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I know, right? Why isn't that film more popular? They nailed it.
Because the world is a twisted, evil place.

That movie is so amazing.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:52 AM   #142
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Considering the three people who like that movie, maybe it's a NJ thing.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #143
Leo656
The Franchise

All the best things are!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #144
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Keanu was on BBC's One Show Wednesday where he talked a bit about the movie, he quashed rumours the film would be partially told in flashbacks and that it was at it's core a love story and a call to 'wake up'

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...-4-love-story/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #145
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Sounds like mainly a story about Trinity and Neo and an epilogue to the trilogy, not necessarily a Matrix 4 that is going to start a new trilogy. I'm ok with that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:27 PM   #146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't even know if Neo and Trinity are the main characters. During the casting process they mentioned that Asian lady was going to be "a lead." I'm thinking something along the lines of The Force Awakens treatment.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #147
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't even know if Neo and Trinity are the main characters. During the casting process they mentioned that Asian lady was going to be "a lead." I'm thinking something along the lines of The Force Awakens treatment.
So, we're going from "The One" to "The Many"?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #148
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
a call to 'wake up'
I don't like it. I don't like it at all, especially, when the movie is made by a crazy male with an agenda.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't like it. I don't like it at all, especially, when the movie is made by a crazy male with an agenda.
Yeah, I kind of have a bad feeling about this. "A call to wake up"? "Woke," in the past tense, then?
Old 09-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #150
AquaParade
Banned

Who on earth actually expects it to live up to the first film? At this point you just lean back and enjoy the explosion.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #151
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's always been what the Matrix is about though, hell even the right wing term "red pilled" is basically another way of saying "woke" ironically enough. The Matrix had most of the population in the real world being black, but it was before the term SJW was a thing. Trinity always had an important role and so did minorities and the bad guy was played by a white human as the architect. The movie might suck but I don't think it'll be because of politics, it's just the same BS that Joker had and how it was an "alt right" movie, only this time coming from the other side. This movie could be less political than the original and people will still call out on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Who on earth actually expects it to live up to the first film? At this point you just lean back and enjoy the explosion.

I want more than explosions but I don't think anyone expects this to be better than the original, I like Reloaded alright as long as it's as good as that one I'll see it as a success anything else is cream on the top. If it's as generic as Revolutions then I'll be disappointed but still happy we got to see Neo one last time.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #152
AquaParade
Banned

I probably should have said "trainwreck", because I'm speaking in a meta sense.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:31 AM   #153
Sumac
Banned

Well, yeah, Matrix was "woke" before "woke" was a thing and before it became associated with toxic idiots offended about everything.

Most villains are white (Agents, Smith, Architect, Baine, Merovingian), most good characters are black or Asian and their culture is quite tribal.

Its just back in the day it was no associated with insanity or toxicity and didn't pat itself on a back for doing all of this. At least, to my knowledge.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #154
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Well, yeah, Matrix was "woke" before "woke" was a thing and before it became associated with toxic idiots offended about everything.

Most villains are white (Agents, Smith, Architect, Baine, Merovingian), most good characters are black or Asian and their culture is quite tribal.

Its just back in the day it was no associated with insanity or toxicity and didn't pat itself on a back for doing all of this. At least, to my knowledge.
True, back then it was the story she bullet time special effects that wowed us, they didn't do the whole. 'LOOK AT HOW DIVERSE AND PROGRESSIVE WE ARE, STUNNING AND BRAVE!' nonsense back then.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #156
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
According to leaks, the title is "Matrix Resurrections"

https://news.yahoo.com/matrix-resurr...091250445.html
It makes since I don't know how they will bring back Neo and Trinity who both died in The Matrix Revolution.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-31-2021 at 12:06 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:01 PM   #157
IMJ
Emperor

I might've said this already somewhere in this thread, but I've always been mildly curious as to the Matrix online game from some years back.

I remember commercials for it with the original actors doing voicework for the games. It seemed like they were treating the games as post-trilogy canon.

I wonder what is going to become of that?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:43 PM   #158
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I might've said this already somewhere in this thread, but I've always been mildly curious as to the Matrix online game from some years back.

I remember commercials for it with the original actors doing voicework for the games. It seemed like they were treating the games as post-trilogy canon.

I wonder what is going to become of that?
It was indeed a sequel to the movies and it was shut down after few years.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:20 PM   #159
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If the Matrix Online had been a success and was, like, still going on today... sure, they'd probably make sure it's canon with the new film. But it wasn't and it isn't, so I doubt they'd go out of their way to try and include it en masse. Maybe some elements from it (like maybe Morpheus' assassination, since he isn't in the movie?).
Old 02-03-2021, 04:23 PM   #160
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Matrix MMO was heavily advertised as "in continuity" but so is a bunch of stuff that is ignored when a new movie comes out so I hardly count that as evidence. But one of the Wachowski's is the director and the MMO was their baby so perhaps?
From what I remember the MMO hinted Neo was still alive, morpheus died and ever player got killed because of a glitch in the matrix or something like that, so it doesn't sound like something that can't be "made into" continuity by some fan explanations after Matrix 4 comes out.

I'm curious if it'll be set in the 90s, that was the whole premise of the movie but I'm sure they'll use the rebooting the matrix to make it take place in "modern 2020" and that time now is able to move past the 90s. It's just going to be dumb as **** to see smart phones and not using pay phones to get back from the Matrix.