The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 04:48 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Time Magazine" (latest issue)

So the wife gets Time in the mail once and again... for a hoot, I looked at the latest issue.

Wowzers. I couldn't make this up. The cover is "Climate is everything: how the pandemic can lead us to a better, greener world." The first article is 3 pages about how a trans man has it hard. Then there's articles about how anyone but the left side is the same as QAnon. Then articles about how we need to "disassemble" our individuality (!!!) to assist in the betterment/greenery of the planet. Then about how McCain is evil and racist for saying "what, should one of us resign? Identity politics over qualifications?" in response to why there isn't any Asian presence on "The View." Then lastly an article about how the Oscars are racist but how their "progress" should be applauded.

Is this really what the left is eating up? Good-ness.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, Jesus.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:36 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More like "Time's Up" Magazine
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Except a lot of people seem to gobble up this dreck.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wowzers. I couldn't make this up. The cover is "Climate is everything: how the pandemic can lead us to a better, greener world." The first article is 3 pages about how a trans man has it hard. Then there's articles about how anyone but the left side is the same as QAnon. Then articles about how we need to "disassemble" our individuality (!!!) to assist in the betterment/greenery of the planet. Then about how McCain is evil and racist for saying "what, should one of us resign? Identity politics over qualifications?" in response to why there isn't any Asian presence on "The View." Then lastly an article about how the Oscars are racist but how their "progress" should be applauded.
So to sum it up:

1) Global pandemic and death of thousands people are a good thing, because, it "heals" nature and helps the CAUSE! (very compassionate position);
2) Global warming affects everyone, but of course, trans people are the most affected, (somehow);
3) Everyone who don't share left positions are evil (totally liberal position);
4) People should sacrifice their individuality for the CAUSE (totally not fascism);
5) People should be hired according by their oppressed status, not qualifications (a good way to create a productive company);
6) Everything is racist and should get better (totally not a religious zealotry);

And these people call themselves "Liberals", despite the fact that all of those points sound like a manifest of a Fascist or at least (insane) totalitarian dictator.

I am surprised that there was no article calling for public punishments of white people for their whiteness and preventive / forced education about Communist values starting at kindergarten with kids being taken away from parents who don't share the passion for the CAUSE!

Oh well, guess, United Soviet States of America won't be fiction quite soon. At least in spirit.

The only thing those retards are missing is that none of their "communist utopia" existed for very long or were productive. And with 50% of population hating their guts it is much closer to the "Disunited States of America", which probably will be better for Southern States in the long run.

So it might become Northern States of Native America vs Southern States of America. Like North and South Koreas.

Also, funny thing, back in 2007 I was writing a story set in 2030-40s and while I didn't got around to write exact details, one of the plot points was that USA ceased to exist as one country and now existed as three separate countries with Northern USA and Southern USA and something else.

Last edited by Sumac; 04-18-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I figure some big corporation must be eating the cost of print subscriptions at a loss to keep the whole thing going. Either that or they get a whole bunch of business from dentists and doctor's offices (the only place I ever open an issue).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
So the wife gets Time in the mail once and again... for a hoot, I looked at the latest issue.

Is this really what the left is eating up? Good-ness.
How ironic would it be if part of their sales actually comes from right wing people who read it as a guilty pleasure because they crave seeing what they should supposedly get upset by next. I mean... if it feeds the "omg the leftists!" craving... it's quite possible.

Personally, I'm entirely indifferent and couldn't really care less what Time does. No one is forced to read or buy it any more than people were forced to, say, listen to Rush Limbaugh on the opposite side (of the coin). *shrug*

Reader's Digest is more my type and the only one I have a (gifted) subscription for.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:24 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm pretty sure 99% of magazine subscriptions are to doctor's offices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And these people call themselves "Liberals", despite the fact that all of those points sound like a manifest of a Fascist or at least (insane) totalitarian dictator.
Nailed it. "Liberalism" is just Fascism in a very decorative and colorful trash can.

Not that the Far Right have ever been completely innocent of having some fascist tendencies, either, but the Left have gone completely off the deep end in the last decade or so. Extremism on either side is no good, but even the more "moderate" Left have been banging the drum for all of this sh*t being "good" for quite some time.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:20 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Google recommendations to developers on what words should be avoided.
On my end, I'd say this list was made by some retarded monkey who I'd gladly blacklisted from everywhere, since being such fragile retard is definitely counter-productive in any field.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

Andrew, cancel your subscription. -shrugs- Why are you rewarding that crap with money?

Someone else mentioned something above about irony in the readership. Another side of that is that Time sales are slumping and this in-your-face liberal direction could be their recalibration to try to recapture lost sales. If you can't do it with authentic journalism, then try it with extremes and shock instead.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Andrew, cancel your subscription. -shrugs- Why are you rewarding that crap with money?
I don't have one and I'm not.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:37 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I don't have one and I'm not.
Then as people tell me all the time, "Control your woman, boy."

Old 04-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Then as people tell me all the time, "Control your woman, boy."
Yeah, right. She doesn't listen to me.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:18 AM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

They never do! Ain't that some sh*t?

Old 05-01-2021, 04:52 AM   #15
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Well Time Magazine, is owned by Marc & Lynne Benioff, who are left-leaning. So no surprise there.

Remember this is the same Time Magazine, in which those who stated there was massive 2020 election fraud despite the evidence were deemed as "conspiracy theorists" and "an attack to democracy" by mainstream media, later on in Feb. 4, 2021, prints an article titled "The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election" and has the gall to print this statement:

Quote:
That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system’s fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures.
https://archive.ph/r6mvb#selection-1869.0-1880.0

That says all that needs to be said about Time's ethics and values.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:16 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I was headed out to work this morning and I saw this on top of the stove (which, to be fair, isn't entirely an improper place for it). The latest issue of TIME.

So even while MOST Americans agree that Biden's handling of the Afghanistan exit is deplorable, TIME Magazine takes the opportunity to do some damage control for him, digging up stories about grieving families of guys that died long ago in Afghanistan's "endless war" to better justify the weird urgency and self-imposed deadlines Biden imposed on the situation.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-07-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #17
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
So even while MOST Americans agree that Biden's handling of the Afghanistan exit is deplorable, TIME Magazine takes the opportunity to do some damage control for him, digging up stories about grieving families of guys that died long ago in Afghanistan's "endless war" to better justify the weird urgency and self-imposed deadlines Biden imposed on the situation.
DemocRATs Politbyuro works as expected.
Dear Leonid Ilyich Biden will be happy (if he can read that)!
Old 09-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #18
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Andrew, you should remove or blur part of the first photo (I tried to send you a private message about this but your folder is full)
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote