The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #241
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Because I'm useless with numbers and can't count any higher than two. After that, it's something like... seven.

Instead of numbers, have some Red Ranger!

Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #242
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I missed "Once a Ranger" on TV, unfortunately. However, the first episode is on You Tube.

I got a kick out of Thrax's "After all these years I'm free!" Funny little reference. Thrax's design is great, particularly the "diablo" horns and Zedd's staff. The smackdown the Rangers received from the Evil Alliance was great, mostly because I *really* don't like this cast (especially the Blue Ranger). They went down like the punks they are.

The introduction of the old Rangers at Stone Henge was cool, particularly how they played bits from the theme songs for all the appropriate Rangers...EXCEPT they didn't play "Go Go Power Rangers!" for Adam.

I liked Bridge's whole shpiel about his various promotions and the wackiness of SPD. Great seeing Adam still in shape. I know he got a job in voice acting and I always figured he let himself go. Not the case at all.

I can't wait for Part 2 to show up.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 07-24-2007 at 04:31 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #243
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disney don't have the rights to use the MMPR theme for any new material, only the reruns.

Part two, having aired, was better than the first part. Again, they did'nt use the MMPR theme, but they prepared an all new morphing sequence for Adam rather than the old school style

The "mysterious ally" that could help with the repair of the Morphing Grid was Alpha 6 from Turbo, In Space, and Lost Galaxy, though how he got from Mironoi to being placed in a crate is'nt explained. His voice changed again too.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #244
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Anyone else remember VR Troopers? I found some episodes online. As far as actors in American adaptations of Japanese superhero shows, Sarah Brown seems to have done the best.

I tried watching Turbo a few days ago, and couldn't bring myself to get too far into it. Maybe the first movie wasn't canon, but it was easier to swallow.

I haven't really watched the series since Lost Galaxy. Turbo was where I really lost interest, and In Space brought that interest back a little. After that I lost track. That little kid as the Blue Ranger in Turbo was totally the "Wheelie" or "Jar Jar" or "Wesley Crusher" of Power Rangers.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #245
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Disney don't have the rights to use the MMPR theme for any new material, only the reruns.
That's...odd. How can Disney own Saban, the Power Rangers library AND the Power Rangers franchise...but not the original theme song? Does Shuki Levy hold some kind of right to it or something?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #246
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
That's...odd. How can Disney own Saban, the Power Rangers library AND the Power Rangers franchise...but not the original theme song? Does Shuki Levy hold some kind of right to it or something?
I was thinking the same thing.
And its weird that the old rangers kept their powers. And I guess we can assume the Sentinel Knight(sp?) is responsible for some rangers in the past getting back their powers in teamups. I know that wasnt said and never will be but still it would make alot of sense since he was able to do it in once a ranger.(Well, it would make sense to me.)

Last edited by The Terror of Death; 07-24-2007 at 02:28 PM.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #247
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, just watched part 2. Good stuff.

I thought killing off Thrax was a big mistake since he would've made a great returning villain. He also went out like a bit of a shmuck, with the Sentinal Knight just showing up and whooping his ass without breaking a sweat. Also a bit irked they could use the MMPR theme or Adam's original Morphin sequence.

Still, those quibbles aside, great set of episodes. The final battle was done really well and I'm a sucker for all those transformation scenes. Even though they didn't use Adam's original sequence, the one they put together was pretty good. Also, the return of Alpha was a nice surprise. I want to ask, did they change Alpha's voice at some point during In Space or something? Because that wasn't Richard Horvitz.

Anyhow, I hope Thrax isn't gone for good. They're going to have a hard time topping this team-up episode.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #248
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I want to ask, did they change Alpha's voice at some point during In Space or something? Because that wasn't Richard Horvitz.
Alpha had about 4 or 5 different voices. This one being the fourth. (I think but I am not too sure)
Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #249
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I wish I could say that this episode was good... but it wasn't. Sure, Dino Power Yellow and especially Ninja Storm Blue were smoking hot, but the episode itself was a huge disappointment. I mean, I was so looking forward to this and all we got were a ridiculous story and mediocre action. And of course the very annoying Overdrive Rangers were in there way too often. You had two of the hottest rangers ever and all we get were Mac and his buddies? Nah, thanks...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #250
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I just scored a Japanese Operatioin Overdrive figure from a local comic shop. It's the blue one. All sorts of neat. The guy said hes ordering the new series this next month...whats the next series look like?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #251
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

CLICK ME, I'm awesome!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #252
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Disgusting....
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #253
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I actually liek the Mystic Force suits. Also, I think those suits look kind weird, but the transformed versions of those suits as well as the suit for the Violet Gekiranger are really cool looking. Here's the best pic of Gekiviolet I could find.

Last edited by Dr. Doom; 08-03-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Dr. Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #254
Brodie
Certified Teacher

What company makes these figures? cause i wanna look into more.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #255
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I dunno. I found it at Ranger Central.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #256
ZariusTwo
Overlord

PR OO actor Samuel Benta (Will) has opened up a new PR forum specifically for fans to communicate with cast members. During the course of a Q&A thread, Benta confirmed that the rumours of an animated Power Rangers series are true, and that negotiations are currently being dicsussed.

If the series goes ahead, it will take the place of the 2009 PR season, effectivly canceling the live-action series.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-20-2007 at 07:55 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #257
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
PR OO actor Samuel Benta (Will) has opened up a new PR forum specifically for fans to communicate with cast members. During the course of a Q&A thread, Benta confirmed that the rumours of an animated Power Rangers series are true, and that negotiations are currently being dicsussed.

If the series goes ahead, it will take the place of the 2009 PR season, effectivly canceling the live-action series.
Interesting. This could possibly make the fight scenes and megazord battles better.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #258
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

If Toei doesn't animate the upcoming PR cartoon then there is something very, very wrong.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #259
mattmanw54301
Foot Soldier

Quote:
What company makes these figures? cause i wanna look into more.
Almost all the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai toys in Japan are made by Bandai. I find that www.hlj.com is the most cost efficient way to import Japanese toys. I have ordered from them many times, and they are fantastic. The figure of Gekiviolet pictured appears to be one of the 6" scale soft vinyl figures.
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #260
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I sure joined this discussion late.

The last full Power Rangers series I watched was "Dino Thunder".... I saw a few people mentioned it on the first few pages of this thread.

Even then,when I saw it it was in re-runs on "Power Rangers Generation" on ToonDisney/JetiX in 2005.

I had tuned into see what the newer PR series were like,since I had only seen the original back when I was a kid.

I really liked "Dino Thunder"....the storylines were good,the White Ranger going from good too evil and struggling to control his power.I even liked the Dino-Megazord,they had 2 actually...a second one came in towards the end when the rangers got "Super Dino Mode"...it was red and was a triceratops or something like that.Plus Tommy Oliver was back.

Also I liked Emma Lahana(Kira Ford)...she's hot.

Iv only seen 2 episodes of SPD...."History" and "Wormhole"....the 2 where Emma Lahana came back as a guest appearance.

I saw a bit of Mystic Force...it was ok....Iv seen a bit of Operation Overdrive...its ok too...I recorded "Once a Ranger" this weekend(which I haven't watched yet) only because Emma Lahana makes another guest apperance.

And sorta off topic but Emma Lahana somes out in a movie named "Alien Agent" that supposed to come out on the Sci-Fi channel sometime this year.....theres a preview on Youtube..but I have no idea when this movie is supposed to air.....Iv checked everyday since Jan 1st News Year Day

Tags
power rangers