The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Apparently Nick Toons Holland pulled the plug.

Last weekend saw the airing of the "Cloak and Swaggart" and "Jupiter Jim ahoy" episodes.

This time around, no mention of the "Rise" series on the website, no promo clips on the channel itself.

In addition, when walking into toy shops, I saw the "Rise" toys in the bargain bins already.

It was more sudden than I thought.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

We've been pretty sure this show wouldn't continue for quite a while now, a foreign market pulling the plug isn't that weird.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just give me that sweet Rise is Cancelled notice so I can celebrate
Old 01-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Just give me that sweet Rise is Cancelled notice so I can celebrate
It's been cancelled. You can celebrate.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

This really doesn't warrant its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Does Rise have a niche online following at least? I also wonder if the writers knew this movie could be the last and that they weren't renewed for a S3, so at least it can work as some sort of series finale for this show.
Tumblr loves it, but that's not enough, obviously. Not quite the kids toy demo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

Do kids even play with toys anymore though? Seems to me kids are wanting electronic gadgets, not toys.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

It also has a sizable following on Twitter(with the creator of Hazbin Hotel singing its praise https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status...62062858289154) in fact the ladder scene is what made me give this show another chance and I'm glad I did. Also fun fact its has the 8th highest place on the TMNT subreddit with a flair in animation.

On-Topic I kinda knew this series wouldn't last even though I still hope this gets another season, even at the start when this show aired I kinda had a feeling this would be sort of a buffer between the Nick show and the next big thing where the creators could experiment more and for me the experiment worked and I'm glad we got a iteration that does its own thing instead of being a Frankenstein monster of everything that came before it. Heck I should be happy it got 52 episodes and a possible movie, most action shows I like don't get as many episodes(especially Motorcity which I consider RotTMNT to be a spiritual successor) and the fact we still have the reminder of season 2 still gets me hyped.

It ain't super popular with the TMNT fans now but give it a couple of years and I see it in the vein of Batman Brave and the Bold or The Looney Tunes Show an iteration that's hated at first but later people will enjoy it because it is more of a different take.

Another thing it did was removed the awful taste the later seasons of 2k12 left in my mouth so that's a plus.

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-05-2020 at 10:03 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:32 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It wouldn't be a bad move to move it to netflix, the 2012 show is there in some markets, the movie is really something, it should be out this year but is it only Rise? is it a crossover movie? If it's only rise it seems doomed to fail even on Netflix which for Netflix they might not want to carry any more tmnt stuff.

Does Rise have a niche online following at least? I also wonder if the writers knew this movie could be the last and that they weren't renewed for a S3, so at least it can work as some sort of series finale for this show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

New episodes are coming soon you need to wait. They dont need to show the same episodes each day or each weekend they are waiting for the next episodes and they will show them then.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #10
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Glad to see this show is dead so quickly. Worst version of the turtles, right up there with those stupid Platinum Dunes movies and NM. This franchise feels completley lost other than IDW which is a shame with comic book properties being bigger than ever in film/shows.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Glad to see this show is dead so quickly. Worst version of the turtles, right up there with those stupid Platinum Dunes movies and NM. This franchise feels completley lost other than IDW which is a shame with comic book properties being bigger than ever in film/shows.
Yeah, the real MVPs of the franchise the last couple of years have been the comic book crossovers with the Power Rangers and Batman (which translated well to direct-to-video) as well as the IDW title in general. It even got people excited for a female Turtle again. If you focus more on that it's been a worthwhile distraction, though you still wish success of it's kind would translate to television

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
It also has a sizable following on Twitter(with the creator of Hazbin Hotel singing its praise https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status...62062858289154) in fact the ladder scene is what made me give this show another chance and I'm glad I did. Also fun fact its has the 8th highest place on the TMNT subreddit with a flair in animation.
Tumblr, Twitter and reddit are not places I'd brag about.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Tumblr, Twitter and reddit are not places I'd brag about.
While I would agree, these days forums everywhere are dying and most people moved to all those places or youtube. It's where the fandom for almost anything is now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Although the median age bracket of Tumblr is what? I'm not sure that it really reflects the entire fanbase and more commonly a particular younger section of it? So it may not really explain where most of the old ones went if forums are no the thing anymore.

Twitter... maybe some older ones rely on it, but I'm guessing the format is better support for casuals. And with things like that the norm now, many just don't seem to have the patience or attention span for actual conversation anymore, which is a shame.

Reddit... from what I've seen lurking it sometimes, it surprises me how often users seem clueless about things we here had already long known about, so Reddit likewise in part seems a little more casual centered than here, though unlike other sources it seems like a mix of maybe semi-casuals and more serious fans...or growing fans.

I dunno, my guess is that a lot of the older main fanbase is just made up of busy adults these days that may just lurk a lot more than they interact. (Plus this place can be hard to get into, so...)

Note, I'm not discounting the younger section as less valuable as fans, just that I know that half of them (particularly in the Tumblr subset) are bound to wander off eventually.

I doubt forums will cease to exist for a long time though. There's always going to be those like us who actually want to discuss things, and short attention span platforms like Twitter are never going to be adequate.

Anyway... back to the real topic, if Nicktoons Holland really did pull the plug, then would they not even show the rest of the second season?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

By median age of tumblr do you mean biologically or mentally?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:41 AM   #15
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Anyway... back to the real topic, if Nicktoons Holland really did pull the plug, then would they not even show the rest of the second season?
The last airing of ROTTMNT on Nicktoons Holland was in the final weekend of 2019. I guess their thinking was "This hasn't worked, we'll air it one last time and when the new year starts drop it."

What's interesting though is that the 2012 series is not only in re-runs on Nicktoons Holland but also is aired three times a day, which was more often than Rise was ever shown.

Ratings are everything here.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #16
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
While I would agree, these days forums everywhere are dying and most people moved to all those places or youtube. It's where the fandom for almost anything is now.
While youtube and twitter are the most popular places for companies to announce their new products and evryone can talk with evryone at any time e.t.c. forums will never dissapear. Forums existed long before youtube and twitter. I have twitter since it was created and youtube too but just because they became huge dosent mean people will stop writing on forums! Also there is almost each month a new scandal(mostly about privacy and personal data) involving facebook and/or youtube and twitter it is just a matter of time until all goverments worldwide block the access to these sites and shutdown them.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Here in the UK, Nickelodeon are airing new episodes at 4am. They don't seem to airing repeats either.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #18
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

it is not canceled it just takes a very long break. Another show who is also doing that is Scooby doo and guess who https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby...d_Guess_Who%3F See how long it takes until the next episode airs? While Bat woman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwom...ries)#Episodes has only one month break.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
it is not canceled it just takes a very long break. Another show who is also doing that is Scooby doo and guess who https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby...d_Guess_Who%3F See how long it takes until the next episode airs? While Bat woman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwom...ries)#Episodes has only one month break.
The 2012–2017 Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon would usually air episodes weekly for one month, then go on vacation for one month. No new episodes aired during December (except season 1 airing into mid December 2012)

One of the longest breaks lasted from November 2016 until February 2017 (with some episodes airing in South Korea, where Christmas is no big thing, in December 2016)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #20
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The 2012–2017 Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon would usually air episodes weekly for one month, then go on vacation for one month. No new episodes aired during December (except season 1 airing into mid December 2012)

One of the longest breaks lasted from November 2016 until February 2017 (with some episodes airing in South Korea, where Christmas is no big thing, in December 2016)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/
We know all of this see? This happend many times with many tv shows.