Well, I mean Barry Allen is the most Iconic Flash Design 1 7.69%
Most know Stargirl over Starman 1 7.69%
Has Worked pretty well for Marvel... 0 0%
Option 15 4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2020, 11:50 PM   #1
Allio
Foot Elite

It's been 40 years, do you think it's time for Turtles to have a "Batman Beyond."

We know that Turtles likes to borrow a lot from your typical dc/marvel story (like the old man/Dark knight for Last Ronin) With as long as the turtles has been going on now do you think we will ever see them pass on their mantles to a new generation like Batman Beyond.

Doesn't have to be a major series or anything, could be something short to play with. Like the summer short.

Last edited by Allio; 11-11-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:19 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

I don't know, the idea of there being even more Ninja Turtles than the four always seems contrived to me. With Batman it's really just a guy wearing a costume, having Bruce pass the identity of Batman along is very easy to imagine. With something like Green Lantern or the Phantom it's even built into the lore. And Spider-Man 2099 or Spider-Girl has logical resons for there to be a "new" Spider-Man running around, it's not just some other kid who happens to get bitten by yet another radioactive Spider-Man.

With TMNT... Well there would either have to be someone intentionally trying to recreate them or there would just happen to be another set of Turtles that get oozed. It's not exactly satisfying to think about.

The best version of this concept I can imagine is that some characters, who are not Mutant Turtles, somehow relating back to the original characters. Maybe like someone taught by Leo, a robot made by Don, a clone of Splinter, etc. As long as it's not just another bunch of mutant turtles, don't be a lazy hack.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:28 AM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m not always interested with futuristic gimmick like Batman Beyond or Fast Forward.
The present is more interesting and have endless possibilities.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:41 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If anything, the "new generation" should be some random new mutant (not a Turtle). Or even a human. Like, I'd love to read an ongoing comic about the future adventures of adult, ninja Shadow. Occasionally co-starring the surviving Turtles.

If it's "Son of the TMNT" or something like that then that kind of flies in the face of everything TMNT is supposed to be about, IMHO.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:57 AM   #5
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

i'm generally not a fan of these alternate takes on beloved characters... BB worked best as a cartoon but when they folded it into the DCU, i dunno. I definitely dont want "future turtles." Didnt we have our fill of that in the 2k3 show (the bad seasons)?

When rebranding, I think characters should stay as true to their concepts as possible, while also trying to be fresh and new. that's why the IDW comic is so good. It delivers that in spades.

So, for my money, no! TMNT has been so kiddified that, if they wanna do something new with TMNT, they should just go back to what E&L created and mine it, and FFS, treat it seriously! Show the newbies how brilliant this property can be without dumbing it down.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:47 AM   #6
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I think that until we have an unadulterated version of mirage in animation, all red bandana verse in which Leo can cut actual human beings with his sword and is undoubtedly the leader, there can be no new conceptual ideas in TMNT!

This series must refrain from creating new characters, put our existing ones in different alternate situations that are unlike anything we have already seen before, or different new locations that are not Space or the NYC.

Just think of the children!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 11-11-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We had that one TMNT short of the future mecha turtles in the summer short, I loved it. I would love a show based on that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #8
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I think that until we have an unadulterated version of mirage in animation, all red bandana verse in which Leo can cut actual human beings with his sword and is undoubtedly the leader, there can be no new conceptual ideas in TMNT!

This series must reframe from creating new characters, put our existing ones in different alternate situations that are unlike anything we have already seen before, or different new locations that are not Space or the NYC.

Just think of the children!
I like the way you think, man.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

No. TMNT don't need a "Batman Beyond", they need a "Batman 1989" to get back to serious business.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #10
frank_one
Mad Scientist

With a mixed new team it could actually work. Something like: a clone of Raph, a robot built by Don, a grown up Shadow and a new mutant. An older April could be the new Splinter or maybe an old Leo, with all the other turtles long dead or missing.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

We had this, it was called "Fast Forward", and it sucked.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If anything, the "new generation" should be some random new mutant (not a Turtle). Or even a human. Like, I'd love to read an ongoing comic about the future adventures of adult, ninja Shadow. Occasionally co-starring the surviving Turtles.

If it's "Son of the TMNT" or something like that then that kind of flies in the face of everything TMNT is supposed to be about, IMHO.
I second that. Adult Shadow, 2 new mutants (not turtles though) and something else, like an alien or robot or something to make it different, and them learning their place in the world, having one of the surviving Turtles as their old sensei to guide them all. Maybe certain issues allude to events or what happened to the rest of the turtles, the Foot, etc.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They never explained what happened to the Turtles of that timeline? Were they all already long dead? They usually play it up making the turtles live for hundreds of years, but these guys didn't? Like it felt weird knowing Bishop and Baxter managed to outlive the Turtles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Hah. Accurate.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

I loved Batman Beyond, & it's a fun concept, but not for everything.

Hard pass on this, personally. When the TMNT die, they die, that's it. No torches passed, beyond perhaps Shadow.

PS- We kinda had this already, while pretty cool for a one-off short, I would hate to see it fully realized.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
I like the way you think, man.

But seriously I don't like "the next generation idea" anymore then the next person
because

1) The most interesting about the next gen character is always their biological connection to establish characters and unless their said parent is still in the picture and not written completely out of character then I can't bring myself to care about these freaking brats. In that aspect, their connection should have been the least interesting thing about them.

2) They just naturally talent or destined to be great at things that the pervious characters had a lot struggle with but hey doesn't matter because they always find some way to be insecure on "But I am not my daddy/mommy!" regardless if this has any weight to the overall plot.

Now, I don't mind Batman Beyond scenario because there just so many times we can hear the same story again beat per beat. Just move the **** forward or just doing something just to be a little bit different.

And I don't understand how you'll just gun ho of them being all "the last samurai" or some ****, when that type of pathos is only mention in canon of the comics for just one issue. One issue. That's it. Most of the time, they're more concern of not being discover by National Geographic.

And if it is so important then do something with it and hopeful something a little bit crazy and rather disturbing then them angsting that they are the last endanger species.

Like I want see Donnie snap and try desperately to clone himself or have Mikey risk exposing himself by making some giant monolith so there is something he will leave behind when he's dead.

At most we have only see them reflecting when seeing one shot type characters going through the same thing but that is it. The End.

I really hope this Last Ronin series is going 6 feet deep in this pathos past the first issue. I want to be traumatized Kevin. Scare the **** out of me please.

We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 11-11-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #17
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They never explained what happened to the Turtles of that timeline? Were they all already long dead? They usually play it up making the turtles live for hundreds of years, but these guys didn't? Like it felt weird knowing Bishop and Baxter managed to outlive the Turtles.
Yeah, I've always assumed that they were supposed to have been long since deceased. I can't imagine that they were still alive at the age of 115 or so.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #18
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonsklingonsdaleksohmy View Post
no. Tmnt don't need a "batman beyond", they need a "batman 1989" to get back to serious business.
you had to go and invoke that movie??????
Old 11-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Yeah, I've always assumed that they were supposed to have been long since deceased. I can't imagine that they were still alive at the age of 115 or so.
Why not? It's always been implied they'd live for hundreds of years, hence why they're always near the end of the world by the time they're old.

Old 11-22-2020, 01:21 AM   #20
Ninjinister
無問題

40 years...?