The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ultimate Invasion by Jonathon Hickman and Brian Hitch

The Ultimate Invasion commences in June, from Jonathan Hickman and Brian Hitch

https://ew.com/books/jonathan-hickma...-marvel-comic/

Official Marvel Press Release

Quote:
Just announced at Entertainment Weekly, two of the comic book industry’s most innovative and exciting creators are teaming up to reshape the Marvel Universe as you know it! This June, join writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch in ULTIMATE INVASION, a revolutionary four-issue saga that presents a surprising new chapter for Ultimate Comics and bold new strides for Marvel’s iconic heroes.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=202628823[

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-22-2023 at 11:28 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So the Ultimate Universe lives on?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #3
Galactus
Foot Elite

It's been confirmed a few times that the Ultimate universe still existed after Secret Wars. The ending of Spider-Men 2 had the 616 Miles Morales join his wife in the Ultimate universe. The the 616 based Ultimates series had them meeting up with the originals.

Interesting that they got Jonathan Hickman for this. I liked his work on The Ultimates but he'd be the first to tell you it didn't sell well. Although his ideas did end up getting a second life as part of his Secret Wars. Interesting that Ultimate Thor has his hammer as unless I've missed something his hammer ended up transforming into Undrjarn the weapon that Jane Foster uses as Valkyrie.

Last edited by Galactus; 02-25-2023 at 04:35 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:30 PM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

Oh yeah, isn’t Ultimate Peter still alive too? Thought they brought him back than did nothing with it but I may have made that up.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:37 PM   #5
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Oh yeah, isn’t Ultimate Peter still alive too? Thought they brought him back than did nothing with it but I may have made that up.
Yes he got to ride off into the sunset with MJ.

The whole thing was weird though as Bendis seemed to set up the mystery of how he came back to life but then did nothing with it. I remember it having a deleterious effect on Miles' sales at the time as fans thought he was being phased out for Peter's return to the Spider-Man role.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 05:31 PM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Yes he got to ride off into the sunset with MJ.

The whole thing was weird though as Bendis seemed to set up the mystery of how he came back to life but then did nothing with it. I remember it having a deleterious effect on Miles' sales at the time as fans thought he was being phased out for Peter's return to the Spider-Man role.
Right.

And even weirder was that I remember reading a transcript of a comic-con panel shortly after that, in which a fan asked then editor in chief, Axel Alonso, when we’d see Ultimate Peter again, and Axel basically told him to let it go.
It was almost as if Axel didn’t even realize Ultimate Peter was back. Either that, or he was messing with the fan. Hard to say when reading the transcript. It came off awkward in print though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote