Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Not to mention it ties up the last remaining loose ends of the show
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

All 3 shows had proper finales. I'm glad no TMNT cartoon was just canceled randomly on a random episode. Shredder is always defeated at the end of every series and the Turtles are at relative peace.

Not everything is always wrapped up, for example the Dark Turtles/Darius are still running around in the Fast Forward timeline with no closure, but now that Cody/Serling can fight and Dark Leo had a possible change of heart, we can assume they eventually work with Cody against Darius.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All 3 shows had proper finales. I'm glad no TMNT cartoon was just canceled randomly on a random episode. Shredder is always defeated at the end of every series and the Turtles are at relative peace.
Shredder and Krang were never defeated in the original series, just trapped on Earth and stripped on the Technodrome during season 10.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Shredder and Krang were never defeated in the original series, just trapped on Earth and stripped on the Technodrome during season 10.
Shredder/Krang were transported back to Dimension X at the end of that 3-parter in Season 10.

And yes, that counts as "defeated" in the original show. What did you expect, them to die or something?
Old 09-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
Allio
Foot Elite

that counts as "open-ended" and not really closure.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #26
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Shredder/Krang were transported back to Dimension X at the end of that 3-parter in Season 10.
I can't see Shredder and Krang at the teleporter platform by the end of "Turtles to the Second Power". Maybe someone can upload a better image?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
that counts as "open-ended" and not really closure.
That's closure for something like the original cartoon, they're not going to literally kill Shredder/Krang.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #28
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can't see Shredder and Krang at the teleporter platform by the end of "Turtles to the Second Power". Maybe someone can upload a better image?
It's hard to see Shredder and Krang, but the explosion from the platform overloading caused them to be knocked onto it, so I presume they were still on it when all the villains were sent to Dimension X.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

You also hear Shredder screaming, "I won't go back!" when they're transported back to Dimension X
Old 09-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #30
Chris
Mad Scientist

Voted for Wedding Bells & Bytes as a stand in for Turtles Forever (the true and intended 2K3 finale).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #31
asfaloth12
Thug

I would have picked Turtles Forever, but since that is not an option, I will go with Wedding Bells and Bytes. It's a bit cheesy, and I'm actually not a huge fan of seasons 4-7 from the 2003 series, but this episode has a nice happy ending. (April and Casey get married!)
Turtles Forever had its flaws (the portrayal of the 80s turtles; the voices of the 80s turtles, especially Leo's), but was still a great send-off to the 2003 turtles.

Not a fan of Carmageddon as the Nick TMNT finale.
I would prefer Owari (the final episode before the series switched over to Tales of the TMNT) or End Times (that one technically ends the main story line). Both were bittersweet, but actually made sense in the context of the series and were very well done.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #32
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaloth12 View Post
I would have picked Turtles Forever, but since that is not an option, I will go with Wedding Bells and Bytes. It's a bit cheesy, and I'm actually not a huge fan of seasons 4-7 from the 2003 series, but this episode has a nice happy ending. (April and Casey get married!)
Turtles Forever had its flaws (the portrayal of the 80s turtles; the voices of the 80s turtles, especially Leo's), but was still a great send-off to the 2003 turtles.

Not a fan of Carmageddon as the Nick TMNT finale.
I would prefer Owari (the final episode before the series switched over to Tales of the TMNT) or End Times (that one technically ends the main story line). Both were bittersweet, but actually made sense in the context of the series and were very well done.
What did you think of Divide and Conquer in comparison to the other finales?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:34 AM   #33
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I would say they were "defeated" at the end of season 8. The 3 episodes in season 10 were just a fun last hurrah.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:44 AM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I actually like the idea of 80s Shredder and Krang not dying and always being there as the villains of the turtles.

One big happy family, they know theyre in a tv show and probably are friends off screen.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #35
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't understand how people can say Turtles Forever is a good finale, it's a nice film for fans but it doesn't wrap up 2k3, let alone OT for those suggesting it works for that series as well.

Divide and Conquer works perfect as a finale, I mean back then shows didn't have big finales and it mostly wraps up a lot and leaving you satisfied. Actually the OT was mostly really good with its season finales since most of them can actually work as series finales, I realized that when I watched through the OT and made a topic here about it.

Wedding Bells and Bytes might not wrap everything like people would want but how much more of a book end can you get when you have one final brawl and characters that appeared through out all the series as guests at Aprils wedding.

Every TMNT show including the Nick one didn't know if that season would be the last one so they treaded careful in trying to wrap up most things but not a defintive end either, that's fine. When things end in cliffhangers now that's when it's a big problem
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #36
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You can just barely see Shredder on the platform before they're all teleported away.

Here's a screenshot from the DVD and not Youtube.

cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't understand how people can say Turtles Forever is a good finale, it's a nice film for fans but it doesn't wrap up 2k3, let alone OT for those suggesting it works for that series as well.
Turtles Forever was literally written as the finale for the 2k3 series. They bring Ch'rell back for the first time since the finale of Season 3 for one final assault when he had been gone for all of Seasons 4-7. It was great the series ended with the "original" Shredder rather than Cyber Shredder or any other.

I'm not sure what on earth you're talking about here. How did it not "wrap up 2k3?" How does it get any bigger than them defeating Ch'rell once and for all?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Sdp is a ****ing hipster.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #39
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Divide and Conquer works perfect as a finale, I mean back then shows didn't have big finales and it mostly wraps up a lot and leaving you satisfied. Actually the OT was mostly really good with its season finales since most of them can actually work as series finales, I realized that when I watched through the OT and made a topic here about it.
It's not ideal choices but I guess Divide and Conquer works but it could have been better.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyfinale, sdpthehipster