The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I kinda agree. It felt a little to similar to Toy Story 2 to me
I like the concept behind Sporky's creation, but did they have to write him as so damn annoying?
Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #82
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
  1. So is the implication that inanimate objects automatically become alive the moment they're repurposed or modified to be toys? Admittedly the previous movies never went into detail about how or why the toys were alive but I feel that was for the best. It kind of opens up questions like "Is a potty alive if it has a face molded onto it?", seems like a can of worms best avoided.
  2. This seems like another "Woody gets an opportunity to live on forever without being tied to a child who will eventually grow up but finds out that's actually the best thing for a toy". Toy Story 2 had the Japanese museum, 3 had the daycare center and now 4 has the carnival. Even Forky's arc seems to be similar Buzz's from the first movie, albeit he actually seems to understand he's a toy, it's just that he hates the idea of having been modified into one. To be fair, there probably isn't much for a toy to have a character arc around but you'd figure a movie series with only four entries over 24 years would be less formulaic.
  3. The same Bo Peep doll as in the previous ones? OK...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #83
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It would be cool if Bo Peep is the actual villain.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #84
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Clearly this film didn't need to happen, but I'm glad all the answers of what really happened to Bo Peep are starting to become clear. It looks like we also see the day that she said goodbye to Woody and the others at Andy's house.

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1107997656587083776
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #85
Prowler
Emperor

Toy Story 3 came out a decade after Toy Story 2. This one is gonna come out 9 years after Toy Story 3. Funny enough, Toy Story 2 came out only about 4 years after the original did. So I wonder if they planned to make a 3rd one back in like 1999-2000 already? Let alone a 4th one?

Perhaps they want this to be a series that which has a multi-generation appeal? I guess it's working so far.

At least the gaps between the films aren't as big as the ones between the original Monsters Inc movie and its sequel. Those two were 11 years apart. I remember being a kid and loving Monsters Inc. I hoped there'd be a sequel not too long afterwards, but lost hope after a couple of years or so, and by the time one came out I no longer cared or had any memories from the original.

Anyway, back to Toy Story, I dunno why, but I didn't like the 2nd movie that much. Only saw it once as a kid and at the cinema to boot, yet felt it was a bit of a letdown. But I seem to have been the only one to think this at the time.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #86
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Anyway, back to Toy Story, I dunno why, but I didn't like the 2nd movie that much. Only saw it once as a kid and at the cinema to boot, yet felt it was a bit of a letdown. But I seem to have been the only one to think this at the time.
It's funny how things work. Toy Story 2 to this day is still my favorite Pixar Movie.

That opening Buzz Lightyear Video Game scene is still to this day my favorite scene in any Animated movie
Old 03-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's hard to believe people my age were the target audience when Toy Story 1 came out in 1995, and now by the time Toy Story 4 comes out most people my age will be taking their kids to see the movie. Toy Story now spans generations in a similar manner as Star Wars.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #88
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's hard to believe people my age were the target audience when Toy Story 1 came out in 1995, and now by the time Toy Story 4 comes out most people my age will be taking their kids to see the movie. Toy Story now spans generations in a similar manner as Star Wars.
Yeah, it's certainly proved the test of time. Hard to consider Toy Story a 90s thing anymore like Space Jam was. But let's wait for the upcoming Space Jam movie...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #89
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Only the original movie is a classic. 2 may be a decent film but not an all time classic. 3 might get closer but the fact that all the feels in that movie are just a remake of the brave little toaster it doesn't really count. This looks like another alright movie like 2 that won't be bad but won't be classic. 1996 still reigns supreme.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #90
snake
Disgusting

The trailer feels like a weird fever dream, or a direct-to-dvd sequel.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #91
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Toy Story 2 and 3 are far better then the first one in every way.

Toy Story 4 looks meh to me.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #92
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The trailer feels like a weird fever dream, or a direct-to-dvd sequel.
Yeah. Only thing that felt original were the Goosebumps puppets. Everything else was tired, lackluster, and we've seen it already.

Oh my, a toy has been lost! Whatever will this little girl do?

Kid, I lost Ninja Turtles action figures to lawnmowers and dogs, and never got them back. You'll be fine.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #94
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Although Don Rickles did not live to record dialogue as Mr. Potato Head, his voice will still be included in this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cooley
Of course we loved Don obviously, and after he passed, his family contacted us and asked if there was any way that we could create a performance using the recordings that we had,” Cooley tells EW. “Now, he signed to be in Toy Story 4. Unfortunately we did not get a chance to record him for the film. But we went through, jeez, 25 years of everything we didn’t use for Toy Story 1, 2, 3, the theme parks, the ice capades, the video games, everything that he’s recorded for Mr. Potato Head. And we were able to do that. And so I’m very honored that they asked us to do that, and I’m very honored that he’s in the film. Nobody can replace him.
Here's how Toy Story 4 will honor the late Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head
Old 04-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #95
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First seventeen minutes were shown at Cinemacon

Spoiler:
The report is more a "first impressions" reaction than a spoilerish breakdown, all that it mentions was it starts with flashbacks to the time spent with Andy and the rescue mission where they presumably lose Bo. There's also a montage of the previous movies with "You Got A Friend In Me" playing over it, and then there's Forky's origin

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...f-toy-story-4/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #96
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are a couple of articles about Bo Peep's return. It's definitely the main reason why I am actually glad this movie is happening.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/01/ann...p-toy-story-4/

https://d23.com/bo-peep-gets-lost-ho...f-toy-story-4/

Also, Tom Hanks revealed how he felt about coming back to do this film.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/05/t...y-story-4-ba1/
Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 AM   #97
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So the children's books are out and they spoil all the major beats of the movie

Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #98
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So the children's books are out and they spoil all the major beats of the movie
]
So, is it any good?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:22 AM   #99
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So, is it any good?
Obviously books don't do a movie's contents justice, but it sounds like it'll be dramatic and emotional where it counts

Spoiler:
At least Bo doesn't turn out to be the villain as was speculated, and she and Woody end up together at the end even if Woody is forced to leave the gang to do it
Old 05-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #100
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The final trailer is here.

Tags
sjw story 4, to cuck and beyond