The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I don't smoke, but I do enjoy a glass of wine from time to time. I don't drink to get drunk, as long as you don't over do it, you should be ok IE, don't get drunk in other words lol.
Sure I know you can drink without actually getting drunk and every type varies in severity. I just don’t care to feel the effects either way.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #22
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Sure I know you can drink without actually getting drunk and every type varies in severity. I just don’t care to feel the effects either way.
I'm a fan of Johnny Walker Black Label, Crystal Skull Vodka and a variety of wines. If my lady wants Tequilla I'll spend the money on petron because at my age I want alcohol without fumes. Sammy Hagar's Cabo Tequilla is actually pretty good too. I'm an Irish guy and so I like my beer - stouts and red ales are great. I went through a craft beer phase as well but it subsided when I realized that IPA's suck and most people were buying them because it was a fad the likes of Beanie Babies and 90's comics books.

On that note, everyone should check out the Johnny Walker Director's Cut bottles from the Blade Runner 2049 release. A bottle might set you back a few bills now - it was very limited, but it's decent stuff. Alcohol, like cigars, can be a classy endeavor if you learn how to appreciate it and speak to it. I'm a fan of Acid's Kuba Kubas, but only with a punch and not cross cut because you want the pure smoke flavor draw in conjunction with the solid wrapper taste of that particular method of manufacturing.

But there are a lot of kids that go through the virtue signaling "I won't touch it!" phase, and eventually move into drinking PBR for fifty cents a can. You grow out of that too. I've never touched a drug a day in my life though. That's just not my thing.

Last edited by IMJ; 09-19-2019 at 11:26 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:46 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm a fan of Johnny Walker Black Label, Crystal Skull Vodka
You've got to be sh**ting me. Crystal Skull vodka is like skipping the fun drunk and going right to the hangover. The bottle literally advertises "we filter it through vats of crystals".... can anyone tell me the filtering power of crystals? That seems like the opposite of filtering.

But hey, I bought one and met Dan Aykroyd.

Quote:
I've never touched a drug a day in my life though. That's just not my thing.
I've dabbled in less than some, but more than many. Nothing crazy. Enough to leave it alone many years ago. Even weed. No thanks, but that messes with everyone differently.

Vices: cigarettes and vodka. That's it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:53 PM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You've got to be sh**ting me. Crystal Skull vodka is like skipping the fun drunk and going right to the hangover. The bottle literally advertises "we filter it through vats of crystals".... can anyone tell me the filtering power of crystals? That seems like the opposite of filtering.

But hey, I bought one and met Dan Aykroyd.

https://i.ibb.co/GPN1dPT/dan.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/f4q8xYV/dan2.jpg
Sometimes I think that you and I would have a blast at a party, man. LOL! Aykroyd gets around - he shows up at this really unique brew 'n view just outside of Chicago in Naperville, IL called the Hollywood Palms. I haven't had chance to meet him yet though. I hope I do someday.

He recently did a really interesting Joe Rogan. I give Dan credit - Joe was sort of in a mood and kicking his ass a bit, but Dan just hung in there and did his thing. He was pimping the vodka and the crystal thing hard... hahaha he was saying that millenials love that ****... hahahaha. But it is clean, smooth vodka. That's definitely true.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #25
Wildcat
Foot Elite

There might be an alcoholic drink I would like the taste of...but it’s alcohol. That ruins it for me because I want to be able to enjoy something without a strict limit and physical risk.

Some of the stuff mentioned is pretty hard stuff. I’ve never tried any but I’ve heard it’s strong and not in a good way, unless that’s how you like it.

I did sample something at a family together awhile back since it was just a sample. I took a very, very small sip. It burned and the flavor wasn’t anything special.

To me alcohol is pointless. It’s not tasty, it impairs your body and judgement and has it’s own serious health risks.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Some'a you f*ckers never even tried Guinness and it shows. Nerds!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:55 AM   #27
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I’ll take a Root Beer and pretty much anything fruity...nothing beats a fresh glass of water though
Old 09-20-2019, 02:09 AM   #28
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Guinness isn't a beer as much as it is some gift from the gods we don't deserve.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
There might be an alcoholic drink I would like the taste of...but it’s alcohol. That ruins it for me because I want to be able to enjoy something without a strict limit and physical risk.

Some of the stuff mentioned is pretty hard stuff. I’ve never tried any but I’ve heard it’s strong and not in a good way, unless that’s how you like it.

I did sample something at a family together awhile back since it was just a sample. I took a very, very small sip. It burned and the flavor wasn’t anything special.

To me alcohol is pointless. It’s not tasty, it impairs your body and judgement and has it’s own serious health risks.
Gotta be honest, it sounds like you're ruining it for yourself.
Or at least, talking yourself out of it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #30
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I can just imagine you sitting there at your monitor sort of exclaiming in this high pitch, yet gravely voice... "Neeerrddss!" Like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds... hahaahaha. -I do the same thing-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Guinness isn't a beer as much as it is some gift from the gods we don't deserve.
Like I said above, stouts and red ales, baby! Rock Bottom is a corporate brewery - they've got one called "Ragtop Red" and it's amazing. But if I'm buying bottles I'm always happy to find Killian's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yup. I've got to periodically remind myself that the anonymity of the internet can hide the fact that sometimes the adult you think you are talking to could actually be some dumb kid, or some maladaptive weirdo, or some functionally autistic person. When you put that in perspective against the posts that deliver those extreme-behaviour-commentaries, it helps raise the tolerance levels a little....
Old 09-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nerds?? Well I never! Hmph.

But someone has to be sober enough to laugh at the drunks. Glad I wouldn't be the only one in this joint.

Quote:
I imagine it probably tastes like what jet fuel might , but that's a pretty awesome bottle though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sometimes I think that you and I would have a blast at a party, man. LOL! Aykroyd gets around - he shows up at this really unique brew 'n view just outside of Chicago in Naperville, IL called the Hollywood Palms. I haven't had chance to meet him yet though. I hope I do someday.
He's always got the same motif... baseball cap and big sunglasses. I wish he didn't.

Fairly personable guy though he definitely wanted to move the line along. I got to tell him, "Huge fan of all of your work" and I got the head nod and a "thank you," which is about all you can expect.

Quote:
But it is clean, smooth vodka. That's definitely true.
Absolutely not, unless he's improved the process in the years since I bought that bottle (which was maybe 8 years ago?). You take two shots and it feels like you accidentally killed a bottle by yourself. Terrible, headache inducing stuff.

Quote:
You could live the healthiest life of all and wake up tomorrow with a brain tumor. Conversely, you could smoke cigarettes everyday and live to 95.

Life is short.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-21-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Nah. Like I said the times I’ve had alcohol I did not even feel like more.

There’s actually some flavored drinks that sound good to me but after seeing they’re alcoholic it turns me off. I can have a flavored soda, juice or whatever without the side effects.

Although I know the effect alcohol has is the reason people drink it in the first place but I do not want to feel those effects.

Quote:
You could life the healthiest life of all and wake up tomorrow with a brain tumor tomorrow. Conversely, you could smoke cigarettes everyday and live to 95.

Life is short.
Ya but there’s no reason to purposely increase the chances. Especially over things you don’t care about to begin with. I don’t drink coffee either. Not over health concerns. I just do not care for it.

I get the appeal of alcohol and smoking but even without the major health risks the effects they have are so off putting. Altering your behavior and smelling bad.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:30 AM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Although I know the effect alcohol has is the reason people drink it in the first place but I do not want to feel those effects.
And of course, some people think you're a killjoy if you have no desire to feel those effects.

People having fun without alcohol? Imagine my shock.

Quote:
I've never touched a drug a day in my life though. That's just not my thing.
I know what you mean, but alcohol is commonly accepted to be a drug as well.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-21-2019 at 04:44 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I know what you mean, but alcohol is commonly accepted to be a drug as well.
Yes. That's true.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

The more people talk, the more I understand why some of 'em have so much time to hawk this place and talk about dolls and cartoons.

.......he observed in a completely neutral and non-judgmental fashion.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #37
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
The more people talk, the more I understand why some of 'em have so much time to hawk this place and talk about dolls and cartoons.

.......he observed in a completely neutral and non-judgmental fashion.
With no other outlet, it's like.....

These are the only boards where I use the avatar I have to the left....
Old 09-22-2019, 06:17 AM   #38
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Nah. Like I said the times I’ve had alcohol I did not even feel like more.

There’s actually some flavored drinks that sound good to me but after seeing they’re alcoholic it turns me off. I can have a flavored soda, juice or whatever without the side effects.

Ya but there’s no reason to purposely increase the chances. Especially over things you don’t care about to begin with. I don’t drink coffee either. Not over health concerns. I just do not care for it.

I get the appeal of alcohol and smoking but even without the major health risks the effects they have are so off putting. Altering your behavior and smelling bad.
Oh, just give in to peer pressure. You really only need one kidney.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And liver... Oh.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #40
IMJ
Emperor

-facepalms- Good God, guys, isn't there a world of rationality that you can live in where you enjoy the experience of some of these things within reason? I mean, liver and kidney failure have been brought up unreasonably, "peer pressure" has been cited in the most base of ways, and given the conversation someone actually cited the example that alcohol is classified as a "drug".

I have no objections to anyone who chooses to omit alcohol in their lives for whatever reason. That's the truth - but I really struggle when I see absolute behavior based on heuristic thinking that appears to come from no place higher than a grammar school thought process.

I mean... seriously... some of the stuff I've read in this thread? -facepalms-

Now I'm waiting for someone to Napoleon Dynamite up and respond "OH YEAH!? What's so funny about kidney failure! It's not a laughing matter and drinking is bad -stomp's foot- so I think it's you that needs to facepalm yourself! SO THERE!"