The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-13-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Iran attacks Israel

Missiles and drones launched.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/is...d-jewish-state
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:07 PM   #2
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Highly doubt this won’t continue to escalate at this point! That whole region is probably about to become hell on Earth multiplied by a thousand!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:21 AM   #3
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Israel dismissed UNSC calls for a ceasefire and now is calling on them to step in Its like the school bully whining at its dad to do something now the kid they’ve been picking on has had its older brother come in to fight back.

I’m 50 this year. I don’t think I can recall any significant time when something hasn’t been going on in that region conflict wise. Almost of the opinion the entire area should be clearer, no one can have it, stop any fighting over it.
Old 04-14-2024, 03:15 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Israel dismissed UNSC calls for a ceasefire
Why wouldn't they? That only benefits Hamas.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:26 PM   #5
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Even if Israel goes the diplomatic route it probably won’t stop Iran from continuing to try to force their hand and get things ramped up even more.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 12:50 PM   #6
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why wouldn't they? That only benefits Hamas.
And the small matter of the hundreds of thousands of displaced people struggling to get eat and stay warm, let alone stay alive, and the aid workers getting killed trying to do that by Israel, yeah let’s just overlook that when even the US is behind the ceasefire solution, you might, just ever so slightly, be on the wrong side of the decision process.

I will note, obviously, that I don’t condone what Iran has done, or tried to do here. Doesn’t help matters one iota to de-escalate the situation.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:26 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And the small matter of the hundreds of thousands of displaced people struggling to get eat and stay warm, let alone stay alive, and the aid workers getting killed trying to do that by Israel, yeah let’s just overlook that when even the US is behind the ceasefire solution, you might, just ever so slightly, be on the wrong side of the decision process.
The "ceasefire solution" isn't one. And what a horrible message that would send if they did do a ceasefire: "go ahead and invade a country and rape, behead and massacre hundreds of men, women and babies... as long as you go back to your country and hide amongst your civilians (who by all metrics far and wide support you and what you did) then we'll just leave you alone." I mean, that's setting up a really sh**ty playbook for future terror attacks.
Old 04-14-2024, 03:13 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

In the long-term, Israel's reputation will continue deteriorating and it will eventually collapse.

October 7th eventually had most of the world sympathising with the Israelis but in the long-term, they have lost tons of money and resources. This is no different.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:08 PM   #9
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Israel dismissed UNSC calls for a ceasefire and now is calling on them to step in Its like the school bully whining at its dad to do something now the kid they’ve been picking on has had its older brother come in to fight back.

I’m 50 this year. I don’t think I can recall any significant time when something hasn’t been going on in that region conflict wise. Almost of the opinion the entire area should be clearer, no one can have it, stop any fighting over it.
The bully? Its a smaller kid who tries to kill a much bigger kid then getting mad when the kid doesnt let him run away when he hides behind his mom.

Hamas, whose goal is to commit another Holocaust, is attacking a country who has tried multiple times to make peace and finally gave them land and infrastructure to try to get some peace. This would literally not be happening if Hamas didnt attack Isreal.

You are supporting literal Nazis.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:13 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
The bully? Its a smaller kid who tries to kill a much bigger kid then getting mad when the kid doesnt let him run away when he hides behind his mom.
I think your example would be more accurate if the big kid took away the small kids house and killed his family.

And big kid always falls back on mommy USA.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:24 PM   #11
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think your example would be more accurate if the big kid took away the small kids house and killed his family.

And big kid always falls back on mommy USA.
Yes they have been at war for a long time. Israel has said "leave us alone" multiple times and the Palestinians have denied it time and time again. At least 5 times that I know about they said "Look, we just want this take everything else" until they finally displaced their own population. You know, a population that supports the genocide of the Jewish people.

As it stands though...Hamas is knowingly attacking a stronger force from the homes of civilians who support them. This didn't start back up till they decided to throw that punch. Kind of play stupid games scenario. I hope Israel gets its land that it abandoned for peace back.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:31 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

As a Palestine and by extension Hamas supporter, I respect your tone with me and willingness to discuss.

I think the "leave us alone" part by Israel is where they fall flat. They are the occupier, therefore they have no right to tell the occupied that they want to be left alone.

And I would disagree that it started on October 7th. It started the moment that Palestinians were kicked out of their own land.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:49 PM   #13
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
As a Palestine and by extension Hamas supporter, I respect your tone with me and willingness to discuss.

I think the "leave us alone" part by Israel is where they fall flat. They are the occupier, therefore they have no right to tell the occupied that they want to be left alone.

And I would disagree that it started on October 7th. It started the moment that Palestinians were kicked out of their own land.
Yep, its their land. They were there before Rome took it (the people who named it Palestine). Its their land after it was reconquered and given back. It might be time for them (assuming you don't still live there) to stop picking fights with people who can and have the support to wipe them off the map. Hamas (the people wanting to commit genocide) are lucky the Geneva convention happened.

After the Holocaust the Jews just need some peace and you arent helping.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:01 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I support Jewish people who want to live in Palestine, as long as they don't displace the local population.

Palestine has been continuosly starved and its people massacared for 70 plus years for the sake of the Zionist regime.

Why are they striking out against the much technologically superior Israel and risk annihiliation? Its because they have nothing to lose.

A dying people can either choose to perish in silence, or strike out one last time against the nation which has continuosly violated their right to Self-Determination. They chose the latter, and they are turning the world opinion against Israel in a way that is unprecedented in modern history, even if their odds of survivng are slim.

Free Palestine.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:25 PM   #15
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
As a Palestine and by extension Hamas supporter
…what.

Please tell me you’re trolling. Does supporting Muslims make you by extension a supporter of ISIS? Palestinians resent Hamas too because they’re zealous bloodthirsty terrorists.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:30 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Na, I don't support Isis. Isis is an American and Israeli psyop designed to destabilise the Muslim world.

I support Hamas insofar as they fight for Palestinian self-determination. I can condemn specific atrocities by Hamas (the proven ones, not Zionist hoaxes), but their cause is just and the rationale behind their military operations is justified.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:45 PM   #17
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I support Jewish people who want to live in Palestine, as long as they don't displace the local population.

Palestine has been continuosly starved and its people massacared for 70 plus years for the sake of the Zionist regime.

Why are they striking out against the much technologically superior Israel and risk annihiliation? Its because they have nothing to lose.

A dying people can either choose to perish in silence, or strike out one last time against the nation which has continuosly violated their right to Self-Determination. They chose the latter, and they are turning the world opinion against Israel in a way that is unprecedented in modern history, even if their odds of survivng are slim.

Free Palestine.
Palestine can be free! Take the two state solution that has been offered 5 times and be free. Stop attacking Israeli civilians and be free. Stop advocating genocide and be free.

The Palestinians are coveting what is the Isreali's. The land belongs to Israel. They own it again (after a hiatus). If they keep attacking over a century old land dispute they lost...What can you expect?
Old 04-14-2024, 08:48 PM   #18
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Na, I don't support Isis. Isis is an American and Israeli psyop designed to destabilise the Muslim world.
Right. And it was actually extraterrestrials who built the pyramids, not the Egyptians.

Radical extremists do exist, you know. I would name Jonestown as an example, but you’d probably dismiss that as a CIA experiment gone horribly wrong.

Quote:
I support Hamas insofar as they fight for Palestinian self-determination. I can condemn specific atrocities by Hamas (the proven ones, not Zionist hoaxes), but their cause is just and the rationale behind their military operations is justified.
Ah, the classic “The end justifies the means” logic. If you give monsters an inch, they’ll burn down the entire world.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:10 PM   #19
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
The Palestinians are coveting what is the Isreali's. The land belongs to Israel. They own it again (after a hiatus). If they keep attacking over a century old land dispute they lost...What can you expect?
I think there is a huge difference between Palestine's claims from 75 years ago (and more recently) and Israel's claims from thousands of years ago.

There are living Palestinians today older than the state of Israel itself.

Even then, the Jews weren't completely barred from Palestine before 1948 (for example: the Havaara Agreement). There could've been ways of settling that didn't involve expulsion and the extermination of Arabs.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-14-2024 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:18 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You know who doesn't support that? The Palestinians. Historically.