The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Phineas and Ferb

It was dubbed by New York Times as the "next Spongebob", has a soundtrack that's up there with the classics of The Simpsons, has a feature-length movie coming in August (Across The Second Dimension), it's jokes often go over the kids heads, it's the best Disney ANYTHING airing on the channel, as well as it's most repeated cartoon (at least over here in the UK anyway), its the pure glory that is Phineas and Ferb. It's what happens when you take Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Hey Arnold! and crossed it over with Family Guy's sense of humour, focusing on the adventures of Phineas and Ferb Flynn, out to try and make every day of Summer the best day ever by indulging in delightfully over-the-top experiances and inventions, much to the chagrin of their sister Candace, who's obsessed with busting them. Plus it has a show- within-the show as the boys seemingly useless pet platapus Perry doubles as a secret agent thawarting the ridiculous schemes of Dr. Doofensmirtz

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 01-14-2023 at 10:40 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

P&F is my sh*t.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

Phineas and Ferb is f*cking fantastic. The music is actually the thing that got me to like it so much. I don't really see the connection to SpongeBob, unless they're just talking popularity, which I have no clue about.

Last edited by Peanut; 06-20-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I love P&F. I have an Agent P figure on my desk, and a Dr Doofensmirtz manning a laser gun on my key rack.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
cqb101
Cinephile

Just started watching this, love it. Perry is the ****.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The music is actually the thing that got me to like it so much.
Bowling for Soup does the theme song. They even made an appearance on an episode.

When I saw them perform @ a bowling tournament last January, they closed the telecast performing the Phineas & Ferb theme. It was the Tournament of Champions that ABC Sports aired January 29.

Mikey drums with nunchucks!

Last edited by Guitar_Raph; 06-07-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
discordiatookie
facehugger

I've caught it a coupla times when babysitting my niece, and thought it was pretty good, but must admit I sometimes don't pay all that much attention to the telly, what with us drawing, and playing with her toys (in which, Batman was recently introduced, to go quickly to the top of her favourite toys...) I'll start paying a bit more attention now!

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, this show is a good example of how much people don't know when they complain about today's cartoons.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier

It's probably the only decent show the Disney Channel has right now. I don't watch much TV but when I do I'll always watch this if it happens to be on.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior

I've always appreciated this show for it actually showing kids to be imaginative and encouraging creative play instead of being about mischievous kids, which makes me feel like an old person. But I think it really shines because it's actually a really good show to. It's great to have something I can watch with my 7-year-old sister and still really enjoy myself. Plus the music and humor are awesome
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
RAM BAM
Hench Mutant

I've watched a few episodes and I do find it quite funny, and that's from a bitter old codger like me!
RAM BAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Anyone see the movie? I thought it had a lot of cute moments and great songs...also glad/irritated they teased us with Phineas and Isabella's first kiss...only for neither of them to remember it thanks to the amensianator.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
Turo602
The King of Kings

Yeah, it was such a great movie. I really enjoyed it and it made me laugh my ass off from time to time. The Love Handel part was epic. It paid great tribute to the series. Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension is full of win.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
cofi
Random Punk

One of the best cartoons ever .
cofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently a recent contract deal with Disney has guaranteed amongst other things, a fourth season, a spin-off pilot (rumoured to be about Isabella), and a theatrical movie.

The movie is reportedly being written by the guy behind Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3, and the rumoured Sesame Street movie. Interesting. Wikipedia has some info on it being a blend of live action and 2-d animation (hmm...not so keen on that), since it's Wikipedia saying that, I'll take it with a grain of salt until verified through other sources.

There's also a live stage tour on the way.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

hmm, maybe I'll check this show out.
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I love this show. It is so smartly written it feels like what a "grown up" animated comedy should be; not all crass and vulgar jokes, but genuinely smart and clever jokes that might go over the heads of younger viewers (while still being accessible to them on different levels).

Just a class all its own.

I pass the Patriot Center every week on my way to my comic shop and the elecronic billboard showed an advert for the stage show. Not... gonna go see it, but I was surprised to see it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I love the show. When something goes bad at work I get on the walkie and say "Curse you Perry the Platypus!"
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I pass the Patriot Center every week on my way to my comic shop and the elecronic billboard showed an advert for the stage show. Not... gonna go see it, but I was surprised to see it.
I'm curious about the live show because the plot is supposed to be about the boys last day of Summer. I personally hope they drop the "summer" theme of the show after a while, there's already been two specials centering on fall months like Christmas and Halloween.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

P&F is one of the only cartoon shows from today that is actually funny in my opinion. Perry is epic. He is what honestly makes the show for me.