The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #1101
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Well Christian already responded in a way by being a way more entertaining champion in TNA.

In Japanese wrestling news, Kenta Kobashi known to most fans as NOAH's Iron man was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer and was hospitalized recently, He is scheduled for surgery for the cancer soon. Cancer has recently taken the life of another wrestling legend John Tenta (Better known as Earthquake)

(Another damn legend is in danger...Get well soon Kobashi.)

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #1102
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Stryker
I still miss Eddie, I really wonder where he would be right now if he was still alive.
Lol you guys sure liked some of the most annoying characters.
He'd probably be off screaming things like holm's! Or viva la rasa! or some other Mexican stereo type phrase.
course it's not like the wwe isn't known for it's stereo types lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #1103
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Wow, I enjoyed his character...carefree cheat type of guy, Sure it was sort of stereotypical but it was fun.

Eddie was the MAN, He would probably be a part of ECW if he were still around, That would've been a better turn than Big Show. And isn't Viva la Raza a mexican pride "phrase"? I think he was very proud of his roots.

I'd rather have fun stereo types than Stupid Poop Jokes

and in WWE movie news

Lets hope he acts better then he wrestles.....KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 06-30-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #1104
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock
By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the “Extreme Rules Match” on the Sci-Fi channel.

Brunk, who lists his hometown as Bombay, India, on the WWE Web site, has also had a successful career with the ECW, earning world heavyweight championship titles two times and tag team championship honors three times.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

Bunch of idiots. I don't like the guy for multiple reasons, and this is one of 'em, he worked long and hard to finally get this run, breif as it will be, and he's put himself in a possition where he'll never get it again, humiliating the company in the process.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #1105
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I dunno which guy you're referring too, but I'm much more worried about Sabu that I am RVD.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #1106
JameO
Mad Scientist

Hope that movie is good, ive always liked Cena, and liked the recent See No Evil, with Kane being the star, could have been so much better, but was good enough for the 5 dollars.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #1107
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock
By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the “Extreme Rules Match” on the Sci-Fi channel.

Brunk, who lists his hometown as Bombay, India, on the WWE Web site, has also had a successful career with the ECW, earning world heavyweight championship titles two times and tag team championship honors three times.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

Bunch of idiots. I don't like the guy for multiple reasons, and this is one of 'em, he worked long and hard to finally get this run, breif as it will be, and he's put himself in a possition where he'll never get it again, humiliating the company in the process.
RVD 4:20 indeed.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #1108
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
RVD 4:20 indeed.
Ha!

...But seriously. How stupid of them. Shame, shame on them. Millions of kids and teens (and adults, too) look up to them and they do this? An awful shame...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #1109
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

RVD has been an admitted pot user for yeaaarrrrsss. That's why in ECW They marketed RVD: 4:20 shirts. That's what's where all the "No one gets higher than RVD" jokes come from. All of his fans have known this for years. Hell, my friend wanted to ask RVD To come hang out at his place and blaze with him when we met him, but he got shy. (I kinda wish I Would have asked, just to hang out with RVD More. Coooool guy. Very nice)

Stupid? Kinda. But I doubt this is news to WWE management. If they do anything they'll take the titles off RVD and "Punish" him for 2 months or so, then bring him back to ECW. Sabu probably too.I mean, atleast it wasn't any really harsh drugs like Cocaine, or Heroin etc.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #1110
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Any drug is harsh. And it's ALWAYS stupid. I'm sorry. It's a sensitive subject.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #1111
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I understand that, I'm just saying that the WWE has known he uses it, and has let it slide for years. Now that he has a drug bust for it, it'll be a slap on the wrist 'cause it's not news to them. However if it was something like Cocain etc then it would probably have been a firing outright.

Am I making sense? I'm not sure I'm getting my point across or not...
Old 07-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #1112
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I think you're underestimating how serious WWE are with their drug policy. If RVD got a two month punishment, that would be completly unfair to guys like Chris Masters, Joey Mercury, hell even Eddie Guerrero, whose death finally woke Vince up.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #1113
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I think the 2 months or whatever I'm alluding to would include a stint in rehab. Which I believe is what they did with Masters.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #1114
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Sorry for the double post, but watching RAW Live I can't help but wonder what is about to happen with the WWE Title... Triple threat match next. I kinda wonder if Edge is gonna win it...

Edit
Spoiler:
EDGE ****ING WON!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! Obviously they had to take it off RVD tonight. He'll end up losing the ECW title tomorrow nite. As much as I love RVD, I'm a huge Edge mark as well so this makes me happy.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #1115
Peanut
Second Gear

I watched the last half of RAW tonight...who the hell is the big face right now? It's so confusing. Edge, RVD and Cena were all booed and cheered.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #1116
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Cena is suppoused to be, but the certain crowds boo him more than others. Edge is the big heel and RVD Is(was) a little of both. (Kinda like how he was in the old ECW)
Old 07-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #1117
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good match, even if most of RAW was a little slow,
Spoiler:
Edge deserved this win, nice to see the crowd reacting to Cena as the manufactured peice of s*it he is again, and they all knew about RVD's little pull over

Looks like there building towards Hogan vs Randy Orton at Summerslam
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #1118
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I'm just worried cause Sabu is one of the main attractions in ECW right now. Everything else in the hour is pretty much Angle, Big Show and RVD. If they "punish" Sabu, then it's gonna be a huge detriment to the program. He's always been very entertaining to watch.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 AM   #1119
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

RVD Smokes weed?!? NO WAY!

seriously though, Really really really stupid ass move by both involved, I think one of the two will be released because of this (Probably Sabu) It's a really bad situation for all involved. although...If they "punish" 'Bu and RVD like they "Punished" Nitro and Melina...They'll be tag champs by november

In other news, I was flipped off by Spike Dudley...details at 11

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 07-04-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #1120
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

XD!!!

I can't wait to hear this.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling