The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-24-2024, 12:27 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fast Xi (The Fast and Furious 'Grand Finale')

Quote:
The end is near, says Vin Diesel. But he promises it will indeed be a grand finale.

The Fast and the Furious star and producer posted to Instagram today and updated fans on the next franchise installment, known as Fast Xi. The film likely marks the end of the long-running series, at least for Diesel.

The actor is starting to inch out into the public again after a December lawsuit was filed against him by a former assistant, accusing him of sexual battery. He has denied the allegations.

“Just finished our end of the week Fast meeting with the writers and the whole team…,” Diesel wrote on Instagram. “To say the excitement for our finale was incredibly powerful is an understatement. Wow. So exciting…

“While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey. Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound.

“Thank you for being the backbone of this global saga that because of you, transcends the screen.

“This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together.

“Hope to make you proud!”
https://deadline.com/2024/02/vin-die...le-1235836260/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:25 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's the title gimmick this time? A little "i" on XI? And I generally like or am OK with Vin Diesel but please, please never let him do "pep" type talks. He's like a poor man's Tony Robbins or something and always comes off 200% more FAKE. And again, let me protest that while these films evolved into something super entertaining, like a popcorn version of Game of Thrones where anyone can die and that's a bit suspenseful and interesting... they've completely undone that with the last few movies beginning with 7 and made it all sh**. And I honestly LOVED 1-6, in varying ways. Not every decision, but most.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-24-2024 at 01:36 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 04:41 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I think it's pretty obvious what the intent is.

I mean, what else could it be?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:04 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

This movie franchise never should of lasted as long as it did, it's actually mind blowing what it became.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:47 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Honestly I hope we see them do some wizardry and have Paul Walker come back in some heroic and timely manner at a critical moment. You kind of know they will.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote