The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

How do you think Rise will handle Casey Jones

So while this show is currently on hiatus I kinda wanted to speculate on how this show is going to interpret this character. I don't know maybe he might be your standard Casey with the hockey mask and sports equipment but seeing how they change some of the previous characters like the Purple Dragon or Hamato Yoshi I doubt they are just going to stick with that and I also doubt that would work since the mutants and enemies have gotten a huge powerup compared to previous iterations, they are not just human/animal hybrids but they also have their own powers and abilities(Sweatmeats absorption, Hypno's Magic, and Ghost Bear intangibility). That's not even mentioning the turtles who at this point can go toe to toe with Aang from ATLA, so I made a few guesses on what kinda of abilities or characteristics he will have.

Part Yokai- Hey if 2k12 can turn characters who were previously human into either mutant hybrids or Jean Grey expies then the idea of Casey being a Yokai wouldn't be too out there, maybe have him be part Oni/Orc and have the turtles meet him in the Battle Nexus as a rising rookie

Tech Genius- When you think about it the idea of Casey tinkering with machines isn't a new concept and while he isn't as good as Donatello he is shown to have knack for it, heck the 2k12 Casey made freaggin homemade gadgets so why not go to the next level and have him a genius you heck you can make him a rival to Donnie and even give his tech a grimy heavy metal aesthetic that wouldn't be too out of place in Motorcity.

Charles Atlas Superpowers- Have him be a very strong human that can physically go toe to toe with Raph, have someone mention that his muscles are much more denser than that of normal human or have it so that his core is much more developed than an average human sort of like Adam Dudley

Magic Bat- Just give him a magic bat.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:42 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Knowing Rise, the Casey we are gonna get is probably nothing like what we would ever come to expect.

That being said though, I do like the ideas that you suggested, particularly giant and beefed up Casey who can go toe to toe with Raph.

It would make up for the sorry excuse of a Hun in the 2012 series

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #3
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Knowing Rise, the Casey we are gonna get is probably nothing like what we would ever come to expect.

That being said though, I do like the ideas that you suggested, particularly giant and beefed up Casey who can go toe to toe with Raph.

It would make up for the sorry excuse of a Hun in the 2012 series
Lol, yeah. What did you not like about Hun in the 2012 show?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
Galactus
Foot Elite

I dread to think.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

He will probably be hispanic because April is black in this version. I fully expect a Casey who says things like, "Dios Mio!" and, "Por favor" and "Que lastima!"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Lol, yeah. What did you not like about Hun in the 2012 show?
For me its the same problem I have with a lot of characters, they are really underdeveloped compared to their previous iteration and are pretty much there for cheap fan service. I personally I call this process the "Young Justice Effect"
Old 12-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Casey Jones is my favorite non mutant character in the TMNT universe and I shudder to think what this 💩 cartoon will do to him.

Stay Away from Casey you have ruined enough with this stupid show.

Old 12-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

LOL at that gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He will probably be hispanic because April is black in this version.
And with a rather gender neutral name, come on, you know he also going to become she. Probably some girl that competes in roller derby, because sports theme.

Honestly, right now I don't really even feel like this show is going to bother with him, or just barely if at all. But if it does make him a reoccurring supporting character... well, with apologies to the Casey fans, I almost look forward to seeing how they screw that up and add him to the lineup of this show having something, sooner or later, for everyone [to hate]. Wannabe Karai is a lunatic, Shredder is (so far) a wild beast lacking sentience or a voice, among all the rest... still some more rats asses not given that they could throw to the wind (not including the literal one already thrown).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know I kinda find it funny people are dreading how Rise is going to "ruin" Casey when 2k12 already did that job, his character got devolved to being a love interest rival to Donnie and saying metal all the time after season 2, heck if Casey is an amalgamation of everyone fears I still prefer that over what we got in the mentioned version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Honestly, right now I don't really even feel like this show is going to bother with him, or just barely if at all. But if it does make him a reoccurring supporting character... well, with apologies to the Casey fans, I almost look forward to seeing how they screw that up and add him to the lineup of this show having something, sooner or later, for everyone [to hate]. Wannabe Karai is a lunatic, Shredder is (so far) a wild beast lacking sentience or a voice, among all the rest... still some more rats asses not given that they could throw to the wind (not including the literal one already thrown).
If you are going to use examples of the show messing up established characters can you at least use an established character, now maybe the Foot Recruit will turn out to be Karai but as for right now she is a new character also I prefer wild beast Shredder over incel Shredder anytime of the week.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:16 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... how 2012 handled Casey wouldn't really excuse Rise's handling of him if it wasn't/isn't great either, no matter how annoying 2012's version was.

Actually, it would be absolutely hilarious if he showed up and was the one and only character in 'Rise' who was actually a normal, typical (and adult) version, like those before Nick ever got hold of him. Because after 2012 and the 2016 film, that has literally not been done by Nick.

Or... plot twist, wannabe Karai is actually wannabe girl Casey with a reboot of the nutty personalty of the FW Casey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
incel Shredder
Uh.... what?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah... how 2012 handled Casey wouldn't really excuse Rise's handling of him if it wasn't/isn't great either, no matter how annoying 2012's version was.
The Rise staff would have to TRY to make their Casey worse than 12 Casey

Quote:
Or... plot twist, wannabe Karai is actually wannabe girl Casey with a reboot of the nutty personalty of the FW Casey.
Actually funny you say that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Uh.... what?
I mean the dude feud with Splinter can be boiled down to "Tang Shen thought Yoshi had a nicer d*ck than me so Yoshi must die"
Old 12-29-2019, 01:08 AM   #12
TommyT
Banned

Cancelled. That’s how ... by being ****ing cancelled.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:02 PM   #13
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

In a word: badly.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:54 PM   #14
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Cancelled. That’s how ... by being ****ing cancelled.
it will prolly happen after they finish season 2, they have not renewed it yet and its already on the cemetery of Toons on the Nick Toons. Look at what happened with Korra. ROTMNT was renewed for Season 2 b4 S1 even finished. So far nothing about Season 3.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:33 PM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
it will prolly happen after they finish season 2, they have not renewed it yet and its already on the cemetery of Toons on the Nick Toons. Look at what happened with Korra. ROTMNT was renewed for Season 2 b4 S1 even finished. So far nothing about Season 3.
And then start a series based on IDW with all the gore and violence the comics have! That will be the best thing to do after Rise. Or if it is not based on IDW at least make it as dark as 2003 2012 and IDW are.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #16
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It'd be hilarious if Rise Casey was just FW Casey, over the top Eastwood impersonation voice and so into vigilante justice he's ready to beat people just for crossing the street.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #17
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Because it’s been cancelled. The Op is desperate.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #18
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You know I kinda find it funny people are dreading how Rise is going to "ruin" Casey when 2k12 already did that job, his character got devolved to being a love interest rival to Donnie and saying metal all the time after season 2, heck if Casey is an amalgamation of everyone fears I still prefer that over what we got in the mentioned version.

If you are going to use examples of the show messing up established characters can you at least use an established character, now maybe the Foot Recruit will turn out to be Karai but as for right now she is a new character also I prefer wild beast Shredder over incel Shredder anytime of the week.
I am not a wild animal. i was human in ancient japan and then i became a demon https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...se_of_the_TMNT) like in the 2003 series.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is it time for a gay Casey Jones? Maybe he should be a homosexual in this continuity.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it time for a gay Casey Jones? Maybe he should be a homosexual in this continuity.
You wanna fist in the mouth? He's never even looked at another guy...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote