The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

JLA: New Series?

Quote:
An image that surfaced on Imgur and Reddit shows a wall that appears to be in either Warner Bros Animation or Cartoon Network offices. The original poster doesn't identify where the image comes from, who took it, or where it was taken, unfortunately.

But the op does point out a prominent JLA poster to the far right of the image. The poster is alongside known new properties like Be Cool Scooby Doo and Wabbit (both launching later this year) and current series Mike Tyson Mysteries and Teen Titans Go!, which lends credibility to the idea that this is a new series. While folks at Warner Bros haven't yet responded to requests for comment, the design and apparent lineup on the poster doesn't fit with any of the direct-to-dvd animated movies that are known to be in development (which have largely been following the New 52 lineup and design from DC Comics).

The poster appears to show: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, an unidentifiable female, Firestorm, most likely a Green Lantern or Flash, another female, a Hawk-person down at the bottom, and five cut-off partial characters. It looks like a giant line-up, somewhat similar to the final cartoon in the "Timmverse" era, Justice League Unlimited, which had a rotating cast that pulled form all across the DCU. The characters are in silhouette, and the image is fairly small, but it sure is intriguing.

We'll keep you up to date here at ComicBook.com as we hear anything directly from Warner Bros.
Spoiler:

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/03/is-a...wb-animation-/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

I see Zatanna, Batgirl, Captain Marvel and definitely Flash.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm not getting too excited yet, I get the feeling it'll be aimed at young kids like those "Batman Unlimited" DVD movies that had Batman with the Justice League. Like "Animal Instincts" was the latest one and its a new wave of DC movies aimed at kids.

Remember Young Justice was canceled because it didn't catch on with kids because the stories were too complex and it was aimed at adults. I think CN is going to want something very kid-friendly, it'll probably be more along the lines of The Batman or Teen Titans Go.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember Young Justice was canceled because it didn't catch on with kids because the stories were too complex and it was aimed at adults.
That isn't true at all. YJ was canceled because more girls were watching it than guys according to Paul Dini: http://io9.com/paul-dini-superhero-c...y-f-1483758317

Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

The toyline also bombed after a year and the ratings were shot once CN's hiatus breaks killed interest in the show. I'm sure that contributed to it.

As for this new JLA series I can't get excited until I see character designs and what the tone will be. I'm really betting it'll be a kid-friendly series so those hoping for the next Justice League Unlimited or Young Justice will likely be out of luck.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I have learned to not get my hopes up. It would be cool if a third incarnation of Justice League starts up. I really miss that show. I had hoped for something like the first two seasons in format or the JLA vs Cadmus arc. Hope Aquaman will get some prominence and it will be in the Timmverse. Which Flash will it be? Please say Wally West as we know and love. So many questions that more information will give answers too and hopefully sooner than later. It could be another direct to DVD project like Trapped In Time was, but if it is a full show that is a good thing. Yes, like the rest of you I hope for the previous tone to be maintained. A hard PG/light PG-13 approach.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm willing to bet its a series based on Batman Unlimited and the JLA from Animal Instincts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B3xDLdiFxg
Old 09-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
I'm not getting too excited yet, I get the feeling it'll be aimed at young kids like those "Batman Unlimited" DVD movies that had Batman with the Justice League. Like "Animal Instincts" was the latest one and its a new wave of DC movies aimed at kids.
I think CN is going to want something very kid-friendly, it'll probably be more along the lines of The Batman or Teen Titans Go.
Quote:

As for this new JLA series I can't get excited until I see character designs and what the tone will be. I'm really betting it'll be a kid-friendly series so those hoping for the next Justice League Unlimited or Young Justice will likely be out of luck.
Quote:
I'm willing to bet its a series based on Batman Unlimited and the JLA from Animal Instincts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B3xDLdiFxg
No offense Cubed, but how many times are you gonna repeat this? WE GET IT.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

OK, but I'm just saying before anyone gets their hopes up for a series similar to JLU or Young Justice in terms of writing or tone.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #10
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

If they are making another JLA show....I hope they have more racial diversity in the team.....not just one black dude.

Have Katana, Vixen, Blue Beetle! Anyone!

I don't care if it's not the original league members! We needed more cartoon superhero representation yesterday.

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 09-03-2015 at 01:24 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I read somewhere that the "A" stands for "Action" in this show, and not America.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #12
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

As long as if it's not like TTG and has Kevin Conroy as Batman I'm all for it
Old 09-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
As long as if it's not like TTG and has Kevin Conroy as Batman I'm all for it
LOL, there's like no chance in hell Kevin Conroy is voicing Batman in this. They've been casting new voice actors for Batman for 4 series in a row (The Batman, Brave and the Bold, Beware the Batman, and Young Justice), and they have Jason O'Mara and tons of other actors voicing Batman in the DVD movies.

WB has been moving away from Kevin Conroy for a long time, he's only really used for the Arkham videogames and the occasional fanservice movie from time to time.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #14
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I read somewhere that the "A" stands for "Action" in this show, and not America.
I always thought the "A" stood for animated XD
Old 09-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #15
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
OK, but I'm just saying before anyone gets their hopes up for a series similar to JLU or Young Justice in terms of writing or tone.
There's nothing really wrong with those other movies. They fit perfectly with the tone they're striving for: something geared towards children. To sell toys.

The most inoffensive thing is, at least when you see the toys on the shelf, its all stuff seen in the movies.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How are the Batman Unlimited DTVs? I haven't read anything about them but they seem to be in a similar style to the kid aimed JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time which if I recall correctly was way more popular to the adult aimed JL:War DTV which came out shortly after.

I have to admit the Batman Unlimited designs look kinda cool and I see plenty of characters I always wanted to see or wanted to see more of like Nightwing and Red Robin.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #17
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Cartoon Network Canada has reportedly confirmed that the series will premiere next fall:http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...ies-confirmed/

Old 10-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm not terribly excited, its probably going to be like those kid-friendly JLA DVD movies they've recently been putting out like Animal Instincts and such. I think people expecting something like JLU or Young Justice will be disappointed.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
I'm not terribly excited, its probably going to be like those kid-friendly JLA DVD movies they've recently been putting out like Animal Instincts and such. I think people expecting something like JLU or Young Justice will be disappointed.
You've this exact same thing FOUR times before. For god's sake man, WE GET IT ALREADY. How about waiting for the bloody first image or trailer before you start talking doom and gloom.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 10-07-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #20
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well if it is a good show it will last 1-2 seasons, if it isn't then it will last several seasons.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jla