The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-10-2023, 07:44 PM   #61
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexVcx View Post
My prediction of #150 a major character death is going to happen hopefully is jennika. If not I'm still glad this garbage run is over
I might as well make a list of characters I'm fine with dying (as in they exist on a spectrum of totally just forgetting they were even in the story in the first place, to me actually being relieved that they're not around anymore), and I'll let you guys take bets on which is more likely to go:
  • Jennika
  • Lita
  • Venus
  • Mona Lisa
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Sheena
  • Bob
  • Carmen
  • Any of the damn weasels
  • Burne
  • Woody
  • Mondo
  • Wyrm
  • Pete
  • Mutagen Man

I could also have padded out this list with the random nobodies introduced during mutant town… But I think we can all agree future writers are guaranteed to forget them anyway...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 08:18 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

I doubt Sophie will kill off any of her own characters. I do feel like Baxter's role in the series has pretty much expired, there really isn't much to do with him anymore. Similar to how they had Hun die, sometimes it's ok to kill off a major villain when they have no further use in the series.

We know Karai and all her mutants are in a mini-series next year so they're not going anywhere.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:39 PM   #63
DexVcx
Random Punk

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I doubt Sophie will kill off any of her own characters. I do feel like Baxter's role in the series has pretty much expired, there really isn't much to do with him anymore. Similar to how they had Hun die, sometimes it's ok to kill off a major villain when they have no further use in the series.

We know Karai and all her mutants are in a mini-series next year so they're not going anywhere.
Only time can tell if it's really meant too be lmao. That is another possibility of what will happen.
DexVcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:31 PM   #64
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-teenag...es-150-covers/

It was exclusively revealed by CBR that #150 concludes the current title. It will reboot with another comic.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:38 PM   #65
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

It was exclusively revealed by CBR that #150 concludes the current title. It will reboot with another comic.
We've been discussing this in the licence renewal thread already.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:47 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

No, the series is still going with the Foot Clan mini-series coming out after issue 150, and confirmation that Ninjara will be debuting as well.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 01-11-2024 at 06:09 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 09:31 PM   #67
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

did they confirm if they are doing new #1?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:53 AM   #68
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexVcx View Post
Only time can tell if it's really meant too be lmao. That is another possibility of what will happen.
Not just because of this series has too many characters that no one cares about. And the most frustrating thing is when you realize that most villains always get beaten by some side character like Kitsune blowing up Rat King, Karai defeating Null Turtles and King Zenter headshot Krang, or randomly killing themselves like Bishop. If the ninja turtles are not even allowed to do this most basic things, then why is this comic called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 05:43 AM   #69
Sumac
Banned

Hey, you've got your positive messages and strong female characters!

What else do you want? Or you don't like positive messages and strong female characters?

What are you - a bigot?

Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
No, nobody's confirmed any #1, not even Sophie. She just said, "There will still be more IDW TMNT comics," which we already knew from the minis due to come out into the horizon.

Probably there will be one, though. It would be strange for IDW to avoid as tried-and-true of a tactic as the 'ole "cancel and start over at #1 again" to spark up sales.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:07 AM   #71
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Bleeding Cool's heard there will be a relaunch announced soon and that Jason Aaron is writing it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:18 PM   #72
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No, nobody's confirmed any #1, not even Sophie. She just said, "There will still be more IDW TMNT comics," which we already knew from the minis due to come out into the horizon.

Probably there will be one, though. It would be strange for IDW to avoid as tried-and-true of a tactic as the 'ole "cancel and start over at #1 again" to spark up sales.
Yeah that's what I was thinking IDW would end up doing.

Honestly, I'm not mad at it. #150 is a damn high issue count to get to in this day and age, but with that comes some amount of intimidation to new readers, I guess. The way that I will probably not check out the original One Piece anime, because who the hell wants to devote time to scale a mountain of a thousand episodes or whatever they're up to.

I still really like what the IDW series has done as a whole, even if I don't like the way the past few story arcs have been handled. Relaunching with a new #1 would give the series an opportunity to streamline itself, shift focus back to the FOUR, MAIN Turtles, retcon some minor things maybe, and get back up-and-running with a new storyline (preferably something street-level to start), relatively quickly. Although it is interesting to consider that Krang is already over and done with, and Shredder has become an ally at this point (and I think it would SEVERELY undercut that turn of events if they were to ever undo it, I really hope they don't. It would reek of desperation). I also really like the reincarnation angle to the Turtle's origin, as well as IDW original characters like Hob, so I'm glad those will be kept.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:17 PM   #73
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

With the company in the position it’s in, the thought is probably “we aren’t going to reach #200 anyway if we can’t bring in more readers.”
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:38 AM   #74
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
With the company in the position it’s in, the thought is probably “we aren’t going to reach #200 anyway if we can’t bring in more readers.”
That is absolutely true. They will deny it, given the nature of personalities we've seen from IDW, but the simple fact is that if the book was selling well they wouldn't cancel it and renumber it as a relaunch for a cash grab.

Most well-adjusted and normal businessmen would operate within the reality of their situation and make statements like "we are proud of the book but it's sales are a lot lower than we would like, and we are relying on the fandom to buy it and keep it going". But instead you get IDW posting here on the forums about how well they are doing a month before they get their stock delisted and a few months before the book is cancelled and their horizontal-inventory is reduced.

Liberal IDW. The poster child for clown world.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:06 PM   #75
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That is absolutely true. They will deny it, given the nature of personalities we've seen from IDW, but the simple fact is that if the book was selling well they wouldn't cancel it and renumber it as a relaunch for a cash grab.

Most well-adjusted and normal businessmen would operate within the reality of their situation and make statements like "we are proud of the book but it's sales are a lot lower than we would like, and we are relying on the fandom to buy it and keep it going". But instead you get IDW posting here on the forums about how well they are doing a month before they get their stock delisted and a few months before the book is cancelled and their horizontal-inventory is reduced.

Liberal IDW. The poster child for clown world.
Pretty much why i miss the waltz run, his stuff felt pretty neutral, focused more on characters worldbuilding and storytelling more than self inserts.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:26 AM   #76
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Pretty much why i miss the waltz run, his stuff felt pretty neutral, focused more on characters worldbuilding and storytelling more than self inserts.
Yeah, Waltz is a great writer. I loved the TMNT x Ghostbusters crossovers and although I never went and read the Ghostbusters comic series, I think I will eventually. I wonder if IDW will do some to tie-in with Frozen Empire.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:51 AM   #77
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Although I think City at Wars and Armageddon Game are still a mess. I also don't understand why he brought Krang back only just to kill him multiple times?
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote