The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #121
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

It's whatever. By this point, so many things I liked as a child have gotten horrible reboots, I really don't want them to bring ANY of it back.

"Sometimes, dead is better." Apropos.
Bingo...

i'm just tired of all these SJW reboots. we need to get movies back to where they where even 10 years ago, never mind 15.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 AM   #122
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I can not believe that people still think the reboot was made for a PC demographic...further more I can’t believe I’m even replying to the subject again.

Hate the reboot if you must but anyone who takes the time to stop blindly hating stuff will see GB’16 is just another movie in a sea of movies.

The studio was going to let Paul Feig do a sequel. He chose to make it a reboot. You can search it. Granted the studio could have stepped in. Even so it’s in line with his other movies and casts.

It’s his style...not some PC thing. You wouldn’t say Tim Burton’s style is trying to force feed us gothic or however you wanna describe that. It’s just his way.

If people really wanted to make a statement they would have kept quiet and just let the reboot come and go like any other movie. Backlash was going to met with backlash. None of these arguments would have even happened.

So you’re that angry about it’s existence? Well you’ve cemented it in history with all the complaining. For better or worse GB’16 will always be remembered and hold some sort of status.

As for letting stuff die. That’s just stupid and not the first time I’ve seen it either. These franchises don’t deserve to stop just because of some people’s “never be good enough” mentality. That’s their problem.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #123
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
These franchises don’t deserve to stop just because of some people’s “never be good enough” mentality. That’s their problem.
The creators of Back to the Future made it quite clear that there should never be a sequel/reboot of that trilogy, and whie we've had cartoons, video games, comics etc, which have been serviceable extensions of the franchise, they're also pretty niche. People aren't clamouring for anything more from those movies because they are just perfect when they're left very much alone and can easily pull in fresh generations without a need to upgrade to match whatever souless trend is going on in society.

Quote:
For better or worse GB’16 will always be remembered and hold some sort of status.
Very much the same status as Wild Wild West, Batman and Robin, Speed 2 , Robocop 3, any Highlander sequel etc. Yeah, some prestige
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:47 PM   #124
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The creators of Back to the Future made it quite clear that there should never be a sequel/reboot of that trilogy, and whie we've had cartoons, video games, comics etc, which have been serviceable extensions of the franchise, they're also pretty niche. People aren't clamouring for anything more from those movies because they are just perfect when they're left very much alone and can easily pull in fresh generations without a need to upgrade to match whatever souless trend is going on in society.
Well agree to disagree. I don’t see any of the popular franchises just trying to match trends. Obviously brand recognition helps but it’s one of the questions I always ask myself...why is it ok for certain franchises to continue and others not?

Every version/sequel/installment/reboot can’t be great but that goes for all movies. It’s unfair to write specific ones off.

Quote:
Very much the same status as Wild Wild West, Batman and Robin, Speed 2 , Robocop 3, any Highlander sequel etc. Yeah, some prestige
I just meant everyone that made a huge issue over GB’16 only succeeded in keeping it relevant.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #125
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Well agree to disagree. I don’t see any of the popular franchises just trying to match trends. Obviously brand recognition helps but it’s one of the questions I always ask myself...why is it ok for certain franchises to continue and others not?
Because some stories are so perfect it's better to accept that it's perfect as is and that the story has beeb told and is completed.

Terminator 2 should have been it. Back to the Future is the perfect trilogy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #126
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Because some stories are so perfect it's better to accept that it's perfect as is and that the story has beeb told and is completed.

Terminator 2 should have been it. Back to the Future is the perfect trilogy.
I can see that for Back to the Future more than anything else. It was mainly Marty Mcfly’s adventure.

More can be done with Terminator and Ghostbusters though. Their subject matter is broad enough to have different storylines.

At least Terminator has had a fair amount of opportunities. Aside from the comics (which a lot of franchises have anyway) Ghostbusters has been stuck for decades.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:15 AM   #127
drgon78
Mad Scientist

More could be done with Ghostbusters but Terminator should have ended with 2.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #128
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jason Reitman to Direct Secret ‘Ghostbusters’ Movie

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...or-1203109264/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #129
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Personally i think the franchise died with Harold Ramis.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #130
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Is this real?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1548449411000.jpg (27.8 KB, 9 views)

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Is this real?
No, not real. That's making the rounds now but it's from where he accepted an award for Zombieland years ago, apparently.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #132
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No, not real. That's making the rounds now but it's from where he accepted an award for Zombieland years ago, apparently.
Aw damn! Lol

Tags
cuckbusters, mothercuckbucket, sjws answer the call, snake_the_cuck