The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Saved By The Bell Sequel Series Coming To NBC "Peacock" Service

Quote:
The Bayside gang are reuniting.

NBCUniversal's newly named streaming service, Peacock, is teaming with Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley for a new Saved by the Bell series. Sources say the streamer is in talks with other cast members, including Mark-Paul Gosselaar, to potentially return.

The new straight-to-series comedy explores what happens when California Gov. Zack Morris (Gosselaar's role) gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools and proposes the affected students be sent to the highest-performing schools in the state — including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the over-privileged Bayside kids a much-needed and hilarious dose of reality. Lopez and Berkley will return to play their beloved characters A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano, respectively, in what sources say are new roles as parents.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...reamer-1238991
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I... Um... Ok...

Guess it kinda makes sense that Zack would be able to con his way into politics.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I will give it a try w low expectations until I hear and see more
Old 09-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Vegita-San
Emperor

this series was so goofy, anything could work.

including new principle leah remini if they wanted.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hah... that sounds great on paper. I'd give it a watch.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, as goofy as this sounds, I am all for it! I have great memories waking up and watching this show before school.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Is it just me or are all 80's-90's sitcoms that have a reunion on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon get a reboot. If Screech returns I won't be watching it, he was the Sheldon Cooper of the 20th century. Plus, I rewatched some episodes and the series doesn't hold up well.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Is it just me or are all 80's-90's sitcoms that have a reunion on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon get a reboot. If Screech returns I won't be watching it, he was the Sheldon Cooper of the 20th century. Plus, I rewatched some episodes and the series doesn't hold up well.

I want Screech to be in it but he probably won't be. Dustin Diamond made himself radioactive to the whole cast and crew with the book that he wrote. They made sure he wasn't at that last reunion, too.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Oh look...another streaming service.

*sigh*

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I want Screech to be in it but he probably won't be. Dustin Diamond made himself radioactive to the whole cast and crew with the book that he wrote. They made sure he wasn't at that last reunion, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
I feel like they probably wouldn't work with Dustin Diamond again.
Also, he got in trouble with the law quite a bit. I really hope they don’t create a new character who is a relative of Screech. As for Lark Vorhies coming back as Lisa I don’t think it will happen because of her mental health problems. Plus, I don’t know if she has stayed in touch with the other cast members over the years.

If Slater and Jessie are divorced or widows, then this series will have them get married. Back in 2016, the creators say that Zack and Kelly are probably divorced, but if that is acknowledged, then they will most likely get back together by the series end.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Screech was already in that new class spin off at the very least which apparently lasted longer than the main show oddly enough. Does anyone really care for a saved by the bell reunion? It's definitely a product of its time, the jimmy fallon reunion was fun but it was like a small segment parodying it. Then again I thought the same for fuller house and it worked. I'll just enjoy the Zack morris is trash youtube videos and let others have fun with their show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #12
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The creators of this new series really do need to remember these things when writing episodes.

Just case no one had already known, back in 2016 executive producer Peter Engel said that Zack and Kelly are probably not together anymore.

https://tvline.com/2016/12/01/saved-...gel-interview/

If this is acknowledged in the new series, then they will probably get back together by the series end.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Screech was just terrible, especially as the show went on and everyone got older and he was still the same. IDK, Urkel was pretty much the same way but it just felt like Screech was so much worse.

I still remember the one episode in the College Years where Screech did his usual mess ups and Slater said something to the effect of 'C'mon man, it was funny in high school, but it's time you grow up man'. Like that should have been his character growth moment, but naw, it's a sit-com and we need our wacky nerd character, no matter what.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 AM   #14
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I haven’t seen it in a long time but I did watch it a lot back then. I never got into the College years though. I just drifted away. I should watch it.

It’s cool they’re reviving it but disappointing it’s stream only.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I remember Kelly was introduced a bit later into the College Years, so I forgot if before then there was some other girl that was supposed to be Zack's girl or whatever.

Also turns out Dustin Diamond will be at a PA con alongside Zack, Slater and Jessie. After hearing all this, I wonder how they'll get along and if they'll bring up the new series.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

curious at which con?

so many of them these days.. maybe it's a good new one that's not too crowded

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #17
Wesley
Mad Scientist

This new series doesn’t interest me, as I don’t even remember ever watching the original series when it was first shown on tv.I guess I was more into watching cartoons and action shows back then (was 3 or 4 at the time it first aired). Or maybe I just didn’t think much of it even as a kid.

Weirdly enough, I watched and enjoyed some episodes of The New Class from the last few seasons around 1998/1999 and thought it and the original were one and the same. Didn’t help that both shows used the same theme song. Couldn’t the original have just been rerun like other programmes?

I finally watched some episodes here and there of the original a few years ago. Thought it was fun at first, but lost interest in it after a while. Just found most characters to be bland or annoying, though Mr. Belding was hilarious.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Screech was already in that new class spin off at the very least
Which came first? His book or that spinoff?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, actually Screetch is probably the one thing that would keep me from revisiting the harmless fun of the original series. I'm not just blaming the actor, but everything about the character, really. He was this constant brand of humor that did nothing for me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
curious at which con?

so many of them these days.. maybe it's a good new one that's not too crowded
SteelcityCon this December.