The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Gargoyles

Hope I'm not starting a pointless thread. I've noticed a few people are fans of "Gargoyles" here. And I thought this would be a good place to talk about the show. Anybody have any thoughts?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Incredible program. I really wish Kieth David would do more cartoons, he has an amazingly creepy voice.

I'm looking forward to a season 2 DVD, should Disney ever announce that.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

By leaps and bounds, the final hoorah for Disney's consistently great animated series in the 90's, when this, Darkwing Duck, and Goof Troop ended, NOTHING was the same for the company in terms of shows

Amazing balance of darker, consistent storylines, torturted characters, numerous Arthurian mythologies coming to life before our eyes...the near entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation as voice talent, etc
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I love serious animation. Why dosen't the rest of America agree.

Did those jerks at Disney ever release DVD's of this, or are they still considering this the dark bastard child of their past they want to forget because they think animation is for kiddies and are afraid of Soccer Mom mobs.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Ohh... I remember this. I used to watch it at my brother's place when i babysat. Only saw 4 or 5 eps, but I liked it. Love stuff like that...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro

Did those jerks at Disney ever release DVD's of this, or are they still considering this the dark bastard child of their past they want to forget because they think animation is for kiddies and are afraid of Soccer Mom mobs.
Oh yeah the DVD's been out for a while. I haven't really seen it in the stores recently but you could probably get it on the online stores at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart (got my copy at Walmart) and...Amazon.com.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #7
Kali
Inactive Moderator

I LOVE this show! Gargoyles was actually my first fandom when I joined the internet. My site still holds my old fanfiction and art of the series. It's everything I love in a series: good-hearted "monsters", magic and myth, time travel, cool tech. All done with brilliant writing and breathtaking animation.

I got to see Deadly Force unedited for the first time in years.

I’m getting season two when it’s released, and I hope, like every fan and the creators, that this kicks Disney’s butt into doing one of those spin-offs. Go TimeDancer!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Because they'd rather let the Japanease do it right now.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Kali just checked out your site. I'll put your fics on my ever growing to-read list. You are a bigger fan that I am. I didn't even KNOW they had Gargoyles stamps.

Hey I wouldn't mind if good Mr. Weisman got all six series off and running (Bad Guys, New Olympians, Dark Ages, Gargoyles 2058, Time Dancer, and of course Gargoyles). Unfortunately that point is moot. One of these days I should gather up the money and courage to go to a Gathering. But until then I'll just discuss the show with anyone who loves the show.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
I have the DVD of the first season of Gargoyles....it came out last November... I am eagerly awaiting for the 2nd season!!

And apperantly if the DVD sales are high enough they'll make one of the spin-offs!!! I hope they make the King Arthur spin-off....

Meanwhile on Stargate(yes there's a connection) the new season ( season 9) will be dealing alot with Arthurian legend.... the first 3 eps of Season 9 is an Avalon saga.... apperantly Merlin was an Ancient (which I guess would mean Oberon was an ancient since he's Merlin's father )

BTW... I write Gargoyles/TMNT fan fic (the first 3 chapters of my main story are just Gargoyles...the TMNT are introduced in chapter 4)....My character, Dierna Soul, ends up being Lexington's mate...*G*

I remember when the Gargoyles series originally came out....it was family time... my mom and I would sit in front of the tv and drool over Lexington.....
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #11
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
And apperantly if the DVD sales are high enough they'll make one of the spin-offs!!! I hope they make the King Arthur spin-off....
I was always a huge fan of Pendragon and Griff
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 04:35 AM   #12
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
Incredible program. I really wish Kieth David would do more cartoons, he has an amazingly creepy voice.

I'm looking forward to a season 2 DVD, should Disney ever announce that.
I couldnt of typed it better myself
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:52 AM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

If they do anything, i'd like the see a better 3rd season.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #14
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Yeah not so many Quarrymen episodes. Oh and ditch Matthew the little Omish boy, make Demona's plan make sense, and no...

"Egon Pax, Egon Pax, Egon Pax..."
Old 04-01-2005, 09:19 PM   #15
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

LOL, I swear I was going "EGON PAX" for days... :p How NOT to write a script...
And Val Bettin did his voice, and all I hear is the Sultan from Aladdin...

I dunno, I thought the Amish idea was good... something you wouldn't normally think of. I thought several of those concepts wouldn't have been so bad if they'd been written and animated better. Oh, and someone wrote a fanfic once based on the one where Alexander is kidnapped, making it into another one of Xanatos' manipulative plots; it was good! Some of the plots could have been fixed with a little rewriting. Oohhh well...

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #16
Kali
Inactive Moderator

I myself have drawn Gargoyle/Turtle hybrids, although I don't really have a story to go with them.

I now have the urge to draw TMNT clones a la Sevarius' technique, with all the warped coloring. Slash suddenly popped into my mind for that.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #17
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
I myself have drawn Gargoyle/Turtle hybrids, although I don't really have a story to go with them.

I now have the urge to draw TMNT clones a la Sevarius' technique, with all the warped coloring. Slash suddenly popped into my mind for that.
Oh yes yes please! Maybe a red clone, a yellow clone, a purple, and an albino. All with those creepy red eyes. Or like the Gargoyle clones (minus Thailog) different colored eyes. Oh but then...April/turtle clone. Venus maybe?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #18
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
A crossover? *scratches her head* Gargoyles takes place in the mid-nineties. TMNT 2K3 takes place now. Well, dates don't have to matter unless we want to extrapolate ten years. I did have the idea for co-acquaintance character of both Elisa and April. You know, knows them both, casually. Maybe April’s got something in her shop Demona wants to get her hands on. Though Bishop and Sevarius together could be terrifying. Hmmm…
*shrugs* I know, but it's not like the Gargoyles aren't probably still around. Of course a lot of stuff could have happened between then and now. (Oh, gosh, Alexander would be ten! With some siblings probably! ) Or like you said, it could be overlooked. I dunno.
I don't think Bishop would be able to stand Sevarius. I could see a big personality clash there.

Quote:
His voice is very dark and eerie. He was the voice of Spawn on the (awesome) HBO series and his voice fit the bill perfectly. It's very gloomy and growly.
Ohhh. I didn't know that (or maybe I did and forgot, now that I think of it). Hmm, yeah, I guess it would seem creepy in that context.

Yeah, he did Minos on Aladdin, and King Sebar later. I forgot about Apollo, you're right!

Quote:
*Sigh* Here we go arguing over semantics again. :p
LOL! I thought you'd say that. Nah, I knew what you really meant. Just giving you a hard time.

Quote:
I've seen 'em, I likes. I haven't tried any of my own, but I've drawn Amandatello's "Ellies" a few times.

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe a red clone, a yellow clone, a purple, and an albino. All with those creepy red eyes. Or like the Gargoyle clones (minus Thailog) different colored eyes.
I keep wondering about the cloning thing in TMNT2K3. I dunno what Bishop's up to (other than the 'super soldier' goal); is he going to be enhancing humans, or making new critters? Then again, they're trying to restrict the number of mutants running around, so probably not. But a crossover, that would allow for the clone thing.

Quote:
Oh but then...April/turtle clone. Venus maybe? :p
Woah. That'd throw my project for a loop...

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:38 AM   #19
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think Bishop would be able to stand Sevarius. I could see a big personality clash there.
Yeah but I could see a bigger one with Sevarius and Stockman. They are both egotists but...I think Stockman takes the cake in being full of himself there.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

...Is this a Gargoyles thread, or a fanfiction thread?

Anyone want to seperate the posts discussing fanfiction "crossovers" into an actual fanfiction discussion thread in the fan forum? I'd like to discuss what has actually happened in the show