The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #81
Hazel-rah
Random Punk

AWESOME! Watched it twice already. From what I can tell from listerning to the Comic-con recording several times only a few lines here and there were cut out.
Great ending for two great series.
Thanks to all involved in making Turtles Forever happen.
Viacom/4Kids (somebody, anybody!) release a DVD please! (SOON!)
Hazel-rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #82
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior

My take on today's event.

This film marks the end of everything wonderful for me. Sure, Viacom will gain some of my interest when they roll out their plans for the feature film & new series..but it will not end well in all likelihood. With Mirage at the helm, I have always had the comics to accompany me and at least a serious attempt to mesh the entire franchises cannon. I know they are still allowed to publish books for roughly another year, but the future on this doesn't look to positive and I wouldn't want to see Laird forced at the helm.

To the actual product this morning. This was a wonderful film. In the first half hour there is much "critiquing" the voice acting, quality of the post FF-evolved 2K turtles, the inability for a theatrical release, etc. Once the show gets rolling into the second/third act, the turtle fan in you makes it impossible to hate. They did a wonderful job of poking fun at the 80's turtles but also covering what made them entertaining for those fans. The Frank Miller inspired Mirage turtles were just too perfect and frankly sealed the deal on this entire program.

RIP TMNT. Thank you for giving me a final Saturday morning cartoon memory.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #83
shinefra
Hench Mutant

The movie could have been WAY better if they hadn´t ridiculise the 80´s tmnt to that level, they where nothing like the ones we saw as kids, those writers totally ****ed up with things that where sacred for a kid who grew up with the classic toons.

The turtles where like Mikey but 10 times more dumber and the fact that Raphael kept making fun at them all the time really pissed me off.

To be fare it was sort of fun but the fact that they didn't try to represent the real personality of the classics really ****ed things for me, and the worst thing I could´t stand is the fact that they where crying in the last part, the 80´s turtles never cried like that it was totally ridiculous. I´ts like they where trying to say that the 80´s version where for babies.

I still think the 2002 are better but this movie went to far.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #84
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior

Enter Raph rant mode:
I just spent the last HOUR typing up my comments/review about how much I loved the finale only to have the @#$%ing log in time out on me!!!!! ARGH! Where's computer whiz Donny when I need him!?
End rant

Just want to say I LOVED TMNT Forever! A true love letter to the fans! Thanks to Kev, Pete, and everyone else who have made TMNT last these past 25 years. 2k3 was one of my favorite versions of the TMNT yet and I can't think of a better finale for it or the old toon. This is the end of an era, but as I say a final goodbye to 2k3, I also look forward to the next 25 years and what Nick can do. I've been reminded today that I am a TMNT fan for life! So my battlecry as a fan truly is:

TMNT FOREVER!

"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1

Last edited by Time Mistress; 11-21-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #85
ajistheman
Foot Soldier

i agree with whoever said it
the technodrome was too small...
and damnit krang you should have used your "giant krang" feature more than the 5th episode and 194 of the original series
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #86
mikey22
Stone Warrior

disappointed part was just how they made shredder from the 1980s look so useless and how bebop n rocksteady followed um around more.

i think the leonardos should have had a face off somewhere.

i really didnt like the fact that old splinter didnt fight

the best part was bringing BACK NOOOGIESS!! lol

and i was touched seeing all the turtle stuff in that minute part it was like so moving.
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #87
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

...so many threads about the same thing. Mods, please clean this mess up, it's been like this for ages.

This is what I like to call "Super Geeky Fun with Orgasimic Fanwank Goodness!"

Now for some SPOILAGE...

Please forgive the fashion this is written in as I wrote this on another site that's not as familier with TMNT as this site.

Story:
Basically, the story is Multiverse gone wild. The biggest difference is that this is how you do a Multiverse story. Transformers, DC, Marvel, etc. could learn from this. Keep it simple, clean, and direct. On the NT timeline, this takes place after Back to the Sewers (NTseason 7). I'm so happy it see Ch'rell again! It always bothered me how they ended his story in NTseason 3 (on the asteroid) so I welcome him back. On the OT timeline, it looks to be taking place...just about anywhere before the end of OTseason 7. I'm sure most will put it in with OT season 3 because the Technodrome was underground for awhile, but most any season would fit. The way they come to the NT reminds me somewhat of the OT season 7 finale, so maybe this is a "what if" ending to it (doubt it though). The only problem is that the Technodrome still has the upgrades. Who knows, maybe it's a retcon of the Red Sky Saga (OT seasons 8, 9, 10). Speaking of what ifs, I'm sure Mirage fans are going to be pissed about Shredder's appearance. It was so damn funny! Also, it means that this must take place during issue #1 of Mirage (unless a similiar scene happens in one of the comics I've never read).

Animation:
The OT has never looked better! I do hope Nick keeps Dong Woo Animation for their show. The only bad thing is they used the Back to the Sewer style for the NT. It would have been perfect if the NT used the season 1-5 style instead. Even with the BTTS style, the animation is great. The Mirage animation looked good, though a bit off. Probably because those designs only look good as pictures. Moving doesn't work as well. They still look fine. There were a few animation mistakes. The only one I find worth noting is the human Bebop and Rocksteady walking the streets of OT New York. Whoops!

Voices:
All the NT voices are back of course. The entire OT cast was replaced. It's a shame, yes, but most of the stand ins are good. Raph was the best of the OT voices imo. I'm sure people will bitch at me, but there wasn't a second that OT Raph didn't sound like OT Raph to me. It wasn't Rob Paulsen, but it felt like this actor wasn't trying to imitate him. OT Don's, Mike's, and Shredder's voices would sometimes sound great, but other times sound completely wrong like the VAs were trying to hard to copy the voice but couldn't. OT Leo 's was simply crap. Seriously, they just needed to use someone else. OT April was very good if not the best of them. Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady were different, but didn't bother me as they got what was needed to id them (the cracks of Krang, the snorting of Bebop, and the huffing of Rocksteady). The Mirage Turtles sound fine. Leo is the best of this group. Otherwise, there's really nothing to compare them to, so great I guess. Can't remember Mirage Shredder's voice cause I was laughing to hard!

Nerdgasm:
There is so much stuff in this! Cameos alone make my mouth water. First off, everyone walking the streets of OT New York is a character from the OT. You can clearly see Irma in them. Also, Channel 6 is in at least one shot. I haven't checked my tape yet, but I'm sure I missed a lot of 'em. The street their on is the street with all the Ninja convenience stores on it from the first episode of the OT. The phonebooth they use is from the OT, most notability episode 4 of season 1. Need to rewatch the OT lair scenes, but I think they even got the layout right (which in itself debatable). Then there's NT versions of Tokka and Razor that made me smile. One of my favorite scenes is when Shredder is explaining his plan WHILE killing the Turtles. That scene has so much going for it. Plus, most every (if not all) of those screens are a different version of the TMNT. The live action, the CGI, many one shots from the comics. Even footage from Mutant Turtles: Chôjin Densetsu Hen (aka the 2 episode anime) was used! Only thing that seemed to be missing is Next Mutantion...you can blame Peter Laird for that, I'm sure. Unless I missed it of course Speaking of, even Laird and Eastman are in it. While I have to admit I'm not fond of that ending, it was a nice touch.

Comedy:
This thing is constantly making fun of itself! I haven't laughed this much in a long time. My personal favorite jokes are Hun wondering who OT Raph is talking to (making fun of the 4th wall breaking of the OT) and Mirage Don (or was it Leo...) calling the others sellouts because of the bandana colors. The whole movie felt like one big joy ride that couldn't take itself seriously if it tried. I love it!

Well, they saved the best for last. Last non-comic to have Mirage Comics (and Peter Laird) involved and they did it with a bang! Honestly, Nick couldn't have picked a better time to buy them as it feels completed. I for one feel as if I can take my leave from TMNT on a good note. I agree with Sanjuro Tsubaki in that this is the end of what made TMNT great. This is pretty much it for me. Regardless, I loved the movie and need watch it again to see what I missed! Later!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #88
mikey22
Stone Warrior

nd of the course the colored headbands part

SELLOUT LOL
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #89
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinefra View Post
The movie could have been WAY better if they hadn´t ridiculise the 80´s tmnt to that level, they where nothing like the ones we saw as kids
Yes. Yes they were.

I can say that as a guy who's seen every episode, and loved this movie.

Get the hell over it. Even if there were pot-shots, it made the modern series team look more the fools because their inferior series lasted three years shorter.

Objectivly, It was a great valentine to the original series, and let's face it, that series fluxuated week after week between psudo-serious, outright goofy, and self-indulgent

This is just one of those instances where anyone pissed off at how the 1980s Turtles were treated just makes themselves look like a f*cking idiot

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #90
AquaParade
Banned

What a treat. Sure there are things I would change, but I loved every bit of it. Thanks Pete and Kevin

P.S. Best Part? The ending.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #91
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
On the OT timeline, it looks to be taking place...just about anywhere before the end of OT season 7. I'm sure most will put it in with OT season 3 because the Technodrome was underground for awhile, but most any season would fit. The way they come to the NT reminds me somewhat of the OT season 7 finale, so maybe this is a "what if" ending to it (doubt it though). The only problem is that the Technodrome still has the upgrades. Who knows, maybe it's a retcon of the Red Sky Saga (OT seasons 8, 9, 10).
The technodrome was only underground when it was in the 2k3 universe. When we see it in the OT universe it's trashing the city, so that was probably a brand new adventure taking place after season 10 (or after season 7 if you wanna retcon Red Sky).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #92
Roseangelo
Emperor

Ok, got it. I'll start taking PMs.

Rules that I'm going to be strict on:
You must have been a member before November 2009
AND
You must have had more than 10 posts before today

If you don't fall into those groups, I'm sure the Internet has other solutions waiting for you.

I have some time sensitive errands to run today, so this can't be my #1 priority right away, but I'm working on it.

Oh, and the credits were legible, so I'm happy on that part.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #93
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And April being taken by the mutant Banana means the adventure continues for the classic group too

Thanks to logic supplied by the late, lamented Sliders*, I can excuse the anime dimension as being a paralel world that's just ten years behind and still count the OVA in my personal canon as being post-season 10.

*The third season episode The Guardian featured a world which spun on it's axis faster, so 1986 took place in 1996.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #94
ajistheman
Foot Soldier

does anyone know if this poster really exists?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ver_Poster.PNG
I wanna buy it and hang it up
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #95
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Can't say I'm not a little bummed out that a few lines were taken out. There was a shredder line removed at the end about him accepting the fact that he is going to kill himself by destroying the turtles that I particularly liked... Oh well.

At any rate, good broadcast! Glad everyone who couldnt be in Sandy finally got to see it.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #96
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This special deserves its own topic about the actual movie in progress like all the other Talkback threads have had WITHOUT having to wade through 10+ pages of stuff from months ago.
Good point, we'll use this as the official discussion thread. The other thread will remain open for more general topics such as the DVD release.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #97
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yes. Yes they were.

I can say that as a guy who's seen every episode, and loved this movie.

Get the hell over it. Even if there were pot-shots, it made the modern series team look more the fools because their inferior series lasted three years shorter.

Objectivly, It was a great valentine to the original series, and let's face it, that series fluxuated week after week between psudo-serious, outright goofy, and self-indulgent

This is just one of those instances where anyone pissed off at how the 1980s Turtles were treated just makes themselves look like a f*cking idiot
You don´t know what your talking about, yes the old tmnt were kind of silly but not total retards that laugh all the time for nothing. They did had personalities.

I respect that most of you liked it, It did had fun moments for me as well but that dosen´t mean I have to love all of it just because you say so.

And I might add, that the way you respond to people about their point of view makes you look like a bigger IDIOT and a jerk.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #98
mtonline
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinefra View Post
The movie could have been WAY better if they hadn´t ridiculise the 80´s tmnt to that level, they where nothing like the ones we saw as kids, those writers totally ****ed up with things that where sacred for a kid who grew up with the classic toons.
I agree that the 80s turtles were just to "stupid", I loved the classic series, and I watch the dvds with my kids all the time, but these turtles were just plain retarded. Donatello was like 5% as smart as he was in the classic show. With all that being said, I did like the movie, and the ORIGINAL turtles kicked shell! I am going to miss all things turtle for the next 3 years... and the way I see it, that probably wont last long either. Kevin Eastman need to buy the turtles back, and use his Heavy Metal company to produce a series based on the comics. I would have said Peter Laird should, but he made his choice.
mtonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #99
Keno
Foot Soldier

i loved it. i've really missed waking up on saturday mornings for the turtles. the ending made me want to cry. loved loved LOVED raph breaking the 4th wall. also loved "we save april at least once every day!"

i also loved how the 2k3 turtles' lair was wrecked...it was kinda interesting because the first 2k3 episode was all about them finding the new lair...

Last edited by Keno; 11-21-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #100
Powder
So tired of this place

I feel like they were only exaggerated in the group laughter moments.. other then that they had generally happy go lucky attitudes both in conversation and fights alike.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series