The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Spectacular Spiderman getting a full series blu-ray set in Aprl

Rejoice, everyone! All 26 episodes of Spectacular Spiderman are coming to one blu-ray set in April before Amazing Spiderman 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ing-to-blu-ray

Now if only Sony would release a complete set of X-men: Evolution as well before the new X-men movie comes out.

Considering how horrible current Marvel cartoons are, we really need to support the GOOD Marvel cartoons when they come out like Spectacular Spiderman...and hopefully we'll get to see X-men Evolution get a full series set too which was critically underrated X-men cartoon and pretty damn good. And then maybe another Avengers: EMH set after that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fantastic news. One of the few Spidey cartoons not to outright suck with writing that handles the character with precision care. I'd kill for a continuation comic at some point, I really want to see the culmination of the five-year plan they had for this.

It's also a shame the unofficial Spidey/Gargoyles crossover play the casts of both shows performed at conventions won't be included
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Hooray!

Now if only the 90s Spider-man animated series can get on Blu-Ray, then it's are all good to go.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man I'm hoping X-men Evolution gets a full release on DVD or blu-ray because of the new movie. The last season of Evo was never released to DVD if I remember correctly.

X-men Evolution was severely underrated because all the kids who grew up with 90's X-men basically trashed all over it. It did have a shaky first season but it improved tremendously as the show continued.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

I want the 90s show. I'm not as excited about other Spidey shows, although they're fine. Not what I grew up with, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

I guess this'd be a good opportunity to watch that entire second season that I didn't even know aired until it was over.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Hey, Wolverine and the X-Men is a really good show as well. I'd recommend it.

But as someone who is watching this show for the first time on CW's Saturday morning block, Vortexx, I'm actually enjoying it. Josh Keaton is a really good Spidey/Peter Parker, something I think the other incarnations are lacking in.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm getting this ish.

And Spider-Man has a hyphen.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Rejoice, everyone! All 26 episodes of Spectacular Spiderman are coming to one blu-ray set in April before Amazing Spiderman 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ing-to-blu-ray

Now if only Sony would release a complete set of X-men: Evolution as well before the new X-men movie comes out.

Considering how horrible current Marvel cartoons are, we really need to support the GOOD Marvel cartoons when they come out like Spectacular Spiderman...and hopefully we'll get to see X-men Evolution get a full series set too which was critically underrated X-men cartoon and pretty damn good. And then maybe another Avengers: EMH set after that.
At some point, I needed money, and I decided to sell my DVDs for the simple fact that the whole series ended on a cliffhanger. I'm rather tempted to get this, although I probably won't. Anyway I'm glad it's getting the Blu-ray treatment, as well as getting released as a complete series set for those who want it.

As for X-Men: Evolution, I've been contemplating getting the final season from Vudu. I've taped the whole season, and I'd like to copy them to recordable DVDs, but a digital format would be better. DVD or Blu-ray, however, would be EXCELLENT.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I gotta get me this set, I loved Spectacular Spider-Man and the art style is from one of my favorite artists.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Yep, this is a definite purchase for me.

Quite a welcome surprise. I'd love it if Avengers:EMH got the same treatment.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Nice! Yes, gotta support these good Marvel toons! I really wish they'd bring this show back the way Family Guy got brought back. Ah well. Yeah, I'd also love to see X-Men Evolution get a complete boxset release. And the 90's Spidy wouldn't hurt. Yep, buying this one for sure. Spectacular Spider-Man ruled when it aired and it still does imho. I just hope if/when X-Men Evolution gets released by whichever DVD distributer, they give usU.S. PAL format or however the heck that works. Allot of those 90's X-Men eps on DVD were tough for me to get into because it sounded as if the characters were sucking a little helium. haha Yes, I bought them all again via amazon instant video because I was that picky. But I'm sure Spectacular Spider-Man and other future Marvel releases will get a better treatment. Looking forward to picking this one up. It was a great series and it got canceled too soon!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #13
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

just hope this comes to the UK

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

I smiled so hard that it hurt when I saw this news on IGN.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is too bad the show can never be revived. After Ultimate Spiderman ends they'll likely do another reboot.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
It is too bad the show can never be revived. After Ultimate Spiderman ends they'll likely do another reboot.
Apparently there were plans to end Ultimate Spidey and replace it with a new cartoon a while back, not sure if those plans have changed or not yet.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #17
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Apparently there were plans to end Ultimate Spidey and replace it with a new cartoon a while back, not sure if those plans have changed or not yet.
They better get on it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ultimate has only been renewed for Season 3, right? So after 78 episodes it should be done.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #19
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ultimate has only been renewed for Season 3, right? So after 78 episodes it should be done.
Yeah, let's hope. I hate to be negative but Ultimate just ain't my cup'a tea. Watched the entire first season and liked the Goblin and Venom eps but other than that, not so much. Spectacular was awesome all around.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I remember when the show was airing that the DVD versions would include extra footage and "directors" cut versions of episodes and then the DVDs were cancelled...So whatever happened with that? Did those versions ever exist?

Do people actually care about physical media anymore? I would've been excited years ago but now I prefer knowing I can watch it anytime on Netflix, sure the rights might expire one day but I think it's obvious it'll be available in one way or another through other means not to mention always through piracy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man