Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
Here's my idea.

The Turtles receive distress calls from the Neutrinos and their new ally, Professor Honeycutt, trapped in the body of a robot fugitive (or "fugitoid" as they are so designated). It turns out the Neutrino home world of D'Hoobnib has been taken over by an evil dictator... a misshapen, blue-green, one-eyed monstrous turtle creature. The Turtles quickly surmise that Slash has somehow come to rule this planet!

Quickly, Donatello devises a way to travel to D'Hoobnib. Following them are their reporter friend April O'Neil and unbeknownst to them, stowaway vigilante Casey Jones.

On arriving, it is revealed to the Turtles that Slash is a puppet dictator, being controlled by the Triceraton army, who hopes to annex the planet thru peaceful yet deceitful means - by having their candidate assume power, he can willingly sign treaties declaring D'Hoobnib a territory of the Triceratons!

The Turtles are forced to keep this from happening - without realizing that Krang and the Shredder are on the verge of returning from their banishment in Dimension X! Krang, harboring resentment and hatred for the Triceratons, wishes to destroy their society - and, indeed, their home world - and conquer D'Hoobnib for his own! Meanwhile, his ally, the Shredder, has begun to lose his mind, a combination of his own unstable psyche and years of exposure to radiation in the Technodrome.

Things come to a head when the Shredder undergoes his own mutation, and Rocksteady and Bebop, desperate to return home, somehow generate a portal back to Earth.

Hilarty would ensue!
Amazing We need to assemble a crack team and make this happen! Really good story would love it.

I was jst going to suggest that Krang finally regains his forces in Demension X and Shredder has been assembling allies in the turtles deminsion and then they would take Manhattan as in "TMNT 3" Using it a official Hideout.
This would explain why they face other villians in TMNT manhattan Project
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Bumping this topic since Nick seems to love the OT, have done crossovers with the OT, why not make their own OT DTV?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Bumping this topic since Nick seems to love the OT, have done crossovers with the OT, why not make their own OT DTV?
Not enough fan demand I suppose.

I mean yes, we ended up getting Turtles Forever and the 80s turtles in 7 episodes of the Nick toon, but I don't think a DTV special of its own is likely despite how much I would love it.

The Batman vs tmnt DTV made more sense from a business point of view since Batman so much more well known and popular than the turtles, so you're appealing to both fanbases.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 10-21-2019 at 08:57 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #24
pferreira
Foot Elite

That is actually the most ideal situation and I hope they still decide to do it one day. Really they could do DTV movies for any TMNT series that have ended. For me though a DTV movie based off the 80s series would be great, failing that a TV series continuation via a streaming channel.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I think after all these crossovers, this one would be a very difficult one to make without losing too much heart of the original.

I would like the DTV movie to be like the old show in the sense that the plot is full of silly stuff but the Turtles themselves are taking it seriously, not that the Turtles themselves are goofy, silly and just laughing all the time or some nonsense. I mean a bit of the Leo's humor in the OT was how seriously and dramatic he took everything.

I'd like the fighting to be a mix of cool martial arts and some of the wacky slapstick, like throwing manhole covers around and whatnot for nostalgia. I don't mean seeing them hack people up, but doing some cool animated flips and whatnot. I mean, Raph is the perfect person to break the 4th wall and mention how their ninja moves are looking smoother than usual. "They must have raised the budget".

I guess my biggest fear is them 'modernizing' it too much, I guess, giving the show the wrong feel, or making the Turtles look like incompetent idiots.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:42 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think the European vacation might have worked as a DTV at the time, with a slightly higher budget which makes the animation look more like season 1, and a more simplified/tighter plot that would be suitable for DTV running time.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

If you look at some of the more serious episodes of the FW series like Leo's episodes with Lotus Blossom or The Old Switcheroo it wasn't beyond the serious to do serious storytelling or develop it's characters so if they focused a continuation on that there's a lot they could do creatively there.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote