The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #2801
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Dino Supercharge is now on Netflix, and it's the first eight episodes. So, up to "Riches and Rags".
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #2802
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Just in case anyone missed it, here is the official website for the reboot's Angel Grove High-School.

http://angelgrovehighschool.com/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #2803
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

I watched the movie last night. It could've used a little more action and I wish the Zords weren't CG but that's it. I give it a 8.9/10, but who the hell is that boar guy with the monocle?
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 AM   #2804
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
I watched the movie last night. It could've used a little more action and I wish the Zords weren't CG but that's it. I give it a 8.9/10, but who the hell is that boar guy with the monocle?
I don't think he was named in the movie, but he was called Mordant in all of the promotional stuff (including the comic book adaptation), I thought he was supposed to be Pudgy Pig
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #2805
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I don't think he was named in the movie, but he was called Mordant in all of the promotional stuff (including the comic book adaptation), I thought he was supposed to be Pudgy Pig
He was called by name in the movie, but I can only remember one time.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #2806
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Darn

PowerRangers/Justice League sounds really cool. I'm interested.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:52 PM   #2807
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

So according to the wiki Mordant was originally meant to be Goldar's third cousin? But that was only in a draft of the script. Rito apparently replaced him in the series
Old 10-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #2808
ticktack
Foot Soldier

I hate the boob-bra they did with the female outfit in their upcoming movie. Don't you remember your Venus de milo creation, Saban, with the hate on her, none did give you any lesson? Shell distorted comstume marionette. How can I justify that the actresses might have big cleavage, body to make her outfit suit right when you do a gaze fest and mimick the distorted type of half nudity on their front body and don't cut some slack to their friggin body of all staring female outfits at this point.

Last edited by ticktack; 10-16-2016 at 03:05 PM.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #2809
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
I hate the boob-bra they did with the female outfit in their upcoming movie. Don't you remember your Venus de milo creation, Saban, with the hate on her, none did give you any lesson? Shell distorted comstume marionette. How can I justify that the actresses might have big cleavage, body to make her outfit suit right when you do a gaze fest and mimick the distorted type of half nudity on their front body and don't cut some slack to their friggin body of all staring female outfits at this point.
It's dumb but not really bothersome. To be honest I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #2810
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
Wait, what are you talking about?
Old 10-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #2811
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Wait, what are you talking about?
I will assume Rita Repulsa's ridiculous cone bra on her costume. It looks particularly bad on this toy.

Here is Rita Repulsa season 2 and beyond actress. It looks bad on both actresses,but her a little more.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #2812
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think he's talking about Elizabeth Banks as Rita and her costume/armor having boobs. Doesn't seem like a big problem to me. But yeah I'm surprised parents didn't complain about Rita back in the day and her cone bra.

Spoiler:

I love the Angel Grove High website, I've always enjoyed viral websites based on fictional things.
http://angelgrovehighschool.com/

Talking about the original Power Rangers movie I don't understand why it gets so much hate, it pretty much has everything that makes Power Rangers great but with a higher budget. When I saw the movie I thought Mordant was going to be introduced in the show soon enough and the movie took place after since season 2 was still airing and this had the new season 3 zords. When we got a totally different (and inferior) origin for the zords I just dismissed anything from the movie.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #2813
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I mentioned a while back that Shout! Factory wouldn't be shipping the Ohranger set two weeks early to those who pre-ordered from them anymore since they needed more time to work on it. It generally becomes available in general retail on November 1st, but they actually did ship it out to people who pre-ordered last week, starting last Wednesday. So most people first got theirs last Friday.

I also got my set last Friday. It arrived in the morning at 11:11am, but the delivery scan didn't register until around 7pm. So since I had no idea it arrived in the morning, I didn't get to watch it before going to work like I hoped I would, since I've gotten a few deliveries in the morning. I only found it in my mailbox after I got home from work. Anyway, I'll just show what the packaging looks like.

I like the changes they made, where the pictures are on one side of the inside, and the episode to disc configuration is on the other side. In the first three Sentai sets, pictures were on the top half of both sides while the episode to disc configuration was on the lower half of both sides.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:24 AM   #2814
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Have any of the Super Sentai series had any movies? I know that Zyurangers didn't.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:07 AM   #2815
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Have any of the Super Sentai series had any movies? I know that Zyurangers didn't.
A lot of them do, usually one movie on their own and then a team-up movie with various Sentai teams.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #2816
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Most of them have at least 1, Ohranger and on gets 2 (including Vs. Films) and Shinkenger and beyond gets 3 (including a returns special)

Hurricaneger and Dekaranger has 3, as they have both gotten 10 year later films.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #2817
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The reboot is going through some re-shoots and
Spoiler:
they are filming at a cemetery.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/18/powe...hint-at-death/
Old 10-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #2818
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I mentioned a while back that Shout! Factory wouldn't be shipping the Ohranger set two weeks early to those who pre-ordered from them anymore since they needed more time to work on it. It generally becomes available in general retail on November 1st, but they actually did ship it out to people who pre-ordered last week, starting last Wednesday. So most people first got theirs last Friday.

I also got my set last Friday. It arrived in the morning at 11:11am, but the delivery scan didn't register until around 7pm. So since I had no idea it arrived in the morning, I didn't get to watch it before going to work like I hoped I would, since I've gotten a few deliveries in the morning. I only found it in my mailbox after I got home from work. Anyway, I'll just show what the packaging looks like.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psbwllvl1w.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...pss0fukamt.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ldd1cfd.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psofajfaiy.jpg

I like the changes they made, where the pictures are on one side of the inside, and the episode to disc configuration is on the other side. In the first three Sentai sets, pictures were on the top half of both sides while the episode to disc configuration was on the lower half of both sides.
looks cool, can't wait to own this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Most of them have at least 1, Ohranger and on gets 2 (including Vs. Films) and Shinkenger and beyond gets 3 (including a returns special)

Hurricaneger and Dekaranger has 3, as they have both gotten 10 year later films.
hopefully these will end up on dvd at some point as well

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #2819
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
looks cool, can't wait to own this

hopefully these will end up on dvd at some point as well
I would like to see some sort of "film double pack" like Dairanger/Kakuranger movie double; Ohranger double feature (Movie + Vs. Film) etc
Old 10-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #2820
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Lionsgate has released five new motion posters for the reboot.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...debut#/slide/1

Tags
power rangers