The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My apartment has been between 76-78 for over a month and a half now. No AC at all, as it went out in late August. Still has not been fixed. We open the windows and run ceiling fans which helps a bit.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Temp in the office was 72. Now is 78. No one but these two complained at 72.
That was cold to them? Cripe, where are they from, the Sahara Desert?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
and yes I'm well aware that the title is more than a bit clickbaity.
But don't you see the title is a huge problem? Here we have a rather important topic that is rather complicated with no easy solution and articles like this only help polarize people before they even click it for the sake of clicks.

The wording of the article could also be better though it does a decent job, other articles however can be extremely one-sided and null the point for a majority besides the ones looking for confirmation bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
what exactly do you think a business should do to accommodate its employees? What if one employee wants a special accommodation that causes a hardship for another one?
This is the real issue here which no #metoo hashtags are going to help in.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
But don't you see the title is a huge problem?
No, not really.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Can't say I expected otherwise.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:04 PM   #26
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

... and he's been fired.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/19/loud-hou...t-allegations/
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #27
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I feel for fans of the show. But that man deserved it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #28
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I've been contemplating on whether I should post this, as it contains some sensitive material. However, when it comes to topics that are as serious as this, I feel that this needs to be known/heard.

WARNING: The following contains sensitive material. It may not be safe for work. Viewer discretion is advised. Proceed with caution.

(To the moderators and any other forum members: If any of you find this post inappropriate, or are otherwise uncomfortable with this post, I will delete it.)

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #29
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I've been contemplating on whether I should post this, as it contains some sensitive material. However, when it comes to topics that are as serious as this, I feel that this needs to be known/heard.

(To the moderators and any other forum members: If any of you find this post inappropriate, or are otherwise uncomfortable with this post, I will delete it.)

I found that post to be quite offensive, especially after reading the article and going over every salacious detail for educational purposes.

They really shouldn't allow for stories like that to be shared. The Internet is no place for such...filth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #30
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
But don't you see the title is a huge problem? Here we have a rather important topic that is rather complicated with no easy solution and articles like this only help polarize people before they even click it for the sake of clicks.
The temperature of office spaces? That's about as important a topic as which way around the toilet paper should hang.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As someone who'd always kind of wished to legitimately work in animation, Nick is one of those top places a nothing like me could really only ever dream of. Was there any chance in hell of getting into those doors, that is angering and appalling that someone like that guy was sitting in that place and doing the crap that letter talks about. To mistreat people and screw with their career choices like that, by either threatening to get them blacklisted as the previous article said, or make someone AVOID taking a excellent opportunity for their career because he's there...

If a hell were real, there would certainly be a special place in it for him.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cartoon Brew have since been trying to guilt fans and people still working on the show, saying that supporting a show inspired by the life of a sexual predator amounts to an untenable situation. When fans spoke out on their comments section, the 'Brew promptly started deleting anyone's voice that was critical of their attempts to shame anyone still finding enjoyment and creativity out of the show.

https://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com/...rt-3-710813574
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #33
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Cartoon Brew have since been trying to guilt fans and people still working on the show, saying that supporting a show inspired by the life of a sexual predator amounts to an untenable situation. When fans spoke out on their comments section, the 'Brew promptly started deleting anyone's voice that was critical of their attempts to shame anyone still finding enjoyment and creativity out of the show.

https://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com/...rt-3-710813574
Amid being P.O.S isn't really surprising but its an extra layer of dumb if he thinks cancelling a successful show is a good idea just because its creator is a shitbag not only are you going to disappoint the fans but a lot of people are going to lose their jobs becuase of the cancellation. Ending the show word do more harm than good but Amid wants to act like a virtue signaling douche.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #34
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Amid being P.O.S isn't really surprising but its an extra layer of dumb if he thinks cancelling a successful show is a good idea just because its creator is a shitbag not only are you going to disappoint the fans but a lot of people are going to lose their jobs becuase of the cancellation. Ending the show word do more harm than good but Amid wants to act like a virtue signaling douche.
Talking about "separating creators and creations".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #35
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, if it is a hit for Nick as I've heard, don't end it just because of this one assbag. Even if he did come up with it... just wash the hands of him and continue without him. He won't have any say in the future of it or what they choose to do with it, it's ultimately Nick's show. Even a cruddy person can still have at least one good idea. Take it and run with it and let it be his loss thanks to his choices. (He just better not make another cent from it in the future...)
Old 10-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #36
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've never watched the show, is it good? I've seen so many people complain about this show I had never heard about on twitter.

I did see that CartoonBrew was blocking anyone who disagreed, such a lame and proven unsuccessful method, it only makes people go against you. If the show is successful I doubt they'll cancel it, and if Chris Savino was really that big part of the show the show will fail without him anyway without any boycott.

Separating the artist from the art is really subjective, I can do it for many things but there's a few exceptions and that's the same way for most people no matter how much they say they can do it or can't. I mean we all have to deal with it because we're all human and make stupid decisions, we wouldn't enjoy anything if we judged the person that's doing this fun enjoyable stuff.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's even a decent apology.
I'm kind of impressed!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, at least better than some others in the past.

Only part that bugs me is the whole "never my intention" thing. Come on... if you're an adult human being, there are some things you shouldn't have to be told. Respect and boundaries is one of them. Where did you miss that lesson, Mr. Savino?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #40
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've never watched the show, is it good? I've seen so many people complain about this show I had never heard about on twitter.
I personally thought it was good, it has a few gross out humor here and there but I personally think its a solid series