The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 03:47 AM   #81
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Leo656, Ya if he actually interacted with the turtles it would have been awesome.

Even something along the lines of...turtles lure him underneath a structure (not made of wood) and destroy the supports to crush him. Would have given the turtles something to do while still keeping his death the same. If they could not rewrite it.

I have read the movie went through variations and changes but I think thats true for most everything.

Edit: Did not mean to go off topic. I know theres a dedicated Soto thread.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:02 AM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ha, I didn't watch Punisher, but I remember WWE made a mint ticket out of booking an excuse for Kevin's crew cut, losing his locks in a match with Jericho on RAW. He wasn't much longer for WWE after that
It's a good flick, I recommend it. It's maybe a bit too "soft" for Punisher, some say, but there's a lot of good action scenes and for the year it came out it was one of the darkest and most violent comic book films ever made up to that point. Jane was great. There's a *bit* too much comedy, but only by a hair. It does a very good job of adapting certain Punisher stories from the comics extremely faithfully. Travolta's death scene almost ruins it, but even he's good for 99% of the movie. You should give it a spin!

Then check out the "kinda sequel, mostly reboot" film, "Punisher: War Zone", which is ALSO a near-perfect adaptation of The Punisher, with an astronomical kill count and tons and tons and TONS of gore and creative kills. The cast aside from the guy playing Punisher is straight-up amateur hour, and they had a low budget, but it's a lot of fun and really nails the books, particularly the hyper-violent Garth Ennis stuff.

Both movies do a good job from entirely different angles, but they both feel like The Punisher. The first one, people said was a bit too fluffy; the second one, people said was way too violent and grim. Which kinda tells me that people just don't know WHAT they want.

But yeah, my favorite thing about the first one was, as soon as "The Russian" busts through the door, some guy in the back of the theater yelled "Holy sh*t it's Kevin Nash!" No joke, that scene, and everything he did, got a bigger pop out of the packed house than anything else in the entire movie. Dude was "over like Rover, brotherrrrr." And that's a shoot!

But yeah, can you imagine? Just look at that fight scene, with him being this Unstoppable Force, no-selling everything from getting stabbed in the chest to smashed with a pipe, and imagine if THAT kinda sh*t was in the Super-Shredder scene. TMNT II would gain a hundred points automatically, just if those couple of minutes were More Like This. What a waste.

Fun Trivia Fact: Jericho and Vince were pissed at Nash for bleaching his hair right before the Hair vs. Hair match with Jericho, because it gave away the finish for anyone living under a rock who didn't know he was gonna leave to go make Punisher. Nash's logic was, "Well if I went to the trouble of dying my hair, the fans are gonna think I care too much about it to ever cut it!" Jericho countered with, "You dyed it the most unsightly, piss-bleach yellow color anyone's ever seen, so OF COURSE you're gonna cut it because no human being would ever leave the house looking like that." Points to Jericho on that one.
-------------

Nash makes ALL things on-topic by default, Wildcat. He'd much rather we talk about him than a dead cartoon show, anyway. Did you know he was in The Longest Yard?

Just for fun, here he is fighting Jamie Pressley in the "Dead Or Alive" movie. This was his favorite scene to shoot in the film, because as he explained to me, "She's pretty f*ckin' hot."

They all had food poisoning when they made this movie. They were in Thailand and shot the entire thing in about eight days. Everyone was sick as a dog. The stuff you learn!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 08-09-2020 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:40 AM   #83
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya I remember you mentioned the food poisoning awhile back too.

Hey does Kevin Nash get paid for the Super Shredder toys? Theres the Neca one coming. Its not in his likeness but just crossed my mind. Probably not.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:07 AM   #84
Leo656
The Franchise

I forgot to ask but I kinda don't think so. You never see his face in the movie, for one thing. He was essentially a glorified stuntman, who later got himself a shark agent and negotiated a helluva residuals deal for the DVDs. But I don't think he snagged the action figure rights. I doubt anyone in the movie got paid for action figures, honestly.

Although if anyone could've, he would've. I just kinda doubt it. Although, if he did, then the to-date figure he told me makes even more sense. People get paid SO MUCH money for action figures based on their likeness, man, you have no idea. Especially wrestlers and such. That's partly how guys who haven't been on TV in 25 years still have giant houses, as long as they played it smart and didn't piss their money away on blow. Those action figures are the sweetest goddamn plum. If you're very famous you can bank a million in royalties off of your very first action figure. If you're a guy like Nash, and have had dozens of them... well suddenly him having millions of dollars in "F*ck you" money in the bank and a giant house makes a ton of sense. Dude's probably made at least $50 million between 1994 and today, maybe a lot more. He certainly doesn't HAVE that much, but he's earned that much. I know what guys get for those damn action figures, it's obscene.

But yeah, nah, he probably doesn't get the Super Shredder toy money. I've often wondered, but forgot to ask him. I'm sure he doesn't sweat it. By my count he's had... at least 25-30 action figures, dolls, and statues made in his likeness, from everyone from Jakks Pacific to Toy Biz. Not to mention being in dozens of video games as himself, also extremely lucrative. He's constantly getting paid from something. He's one of he smartest guys in the game. Like literally; supposedly his IQ is just below "Genius" level. So it makes sense that he's a smooth operator and a savvy businessman. Even guys who don't get along with him concede that he's one of the sharpest cats you'd ever meet. He's just very open about being all "Kev takes care of Kev", and that bothers some people.

So anyways, no, he probably doesn't get the money for the Super Shredder toys, but really... I don't think he even "needs" it by this point. He'd get it if he could, though, you can believe that! I just don't think it works like that, with characters based on movies. If they don't show your face then you don't get paid any merch royalties.

He's fine. I bet he's gonna get himself a Super Shredder figure anyway, just because he's a cheeky bastard.

He calls them "Dolls", though, and not "action figures." That really bothers me. I hate when guys do that.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:11 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So wait... how does Rise warrant a movie but not 2012? As best as I can tell, Rise hasn't so much as justified its own existence yet. And that's an animated show... 2012, those are pre-existing CGI assets they can just reuse.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #86
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's a good flick, I recommend it. It's maybe a bit too "soft" for Punisher, some say, but there's a lot of good action scenes and for the year it came out it was one of the darkest and most violent comic book films ever made up to that point. Jane was great. There's a *bit* too much comedy, but only by a hair. It does a very good job of adapting certain Punisher stories from the comics extremely faithfully. Travolta's death scene almost ruins it, but even he's good for 99% of the movie. You should give it a spin!
I think my dad's seen it more times than I have, he's not a big comics fan but he'll watch anything with Travolta in it

I've heard good things about War Zone, I loved Ennis' Punisher too so I'll give it a go too on your recommendation. Maybe my dad would be interested in it also since he gave the Jane film a go.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #87
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So wait... how does Rise warrant a movie but not 2012? As best as I can tell, Rise hasn't so much as justified its own existence yet. And that's an animated show... 2012, those are pre-existing CGI assets they can just reuse.
Season 2 came up a little short, it's possible that the "Movie" is just the last 13 episodes edited together... Although that would would make for a 4.5 hour movie, so if that's the case it'll probably be more like 3 or 4 "movies". It's also possible that Rise was never made under the assumption that it would go on for more than two seasons, so the movie was always intended to cap it off?

As for why the 2012 cartoon doesn't have a movie? Not sure. Maybe because the CGI is kind of ugly and updating the models to merely have better textures is seen as a waste? Maybe because Nickelodeon gave up on that series when they rebooted? Maybe because the storyline is kind of crap and hard to follow up on? Hard to tell.
Hahahaha!
Old 08-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #88
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am getting some pleasure on twitter watching all the rise fans whine and cry begging for a season 3 on twitter. Guess I am a sick son of a bitch Drinking their tears I should say
Old 08-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #89
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

IT was the worst series. There were not aliens, the only bad guys except me and my Foot Ninja army where magical creatures, not mafia, or any other street gangs none of my iconic henchmen like Hun, Tiger Claw Rocksteady and Bebop ..... Even the funny and more kiddy 1987 series is 1000% better and more serious than Rise. But dont worry evrything will be fine when the next series starts in a few months and is as serious as 2003 and 2012 are. No wonder it failed. At least i was awesome ! But except me evrything else was terrible. Thet learned their lesson the hard way but iam sure they learned it. Imagine what would had happend if Rise had aired in 1987? It would had been a huge failure too!
Old 08-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #90
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=AquaParade;1856219]The fact that they cut the season down from 26 to 13 episodes, combined with what else we've heard from Playmates about Nick working on a new version of TMNT, has me thinking that the new cartoon could be further along then we may have suspected.
Yes it must start soon enough.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #91
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

The rise movie is the true finale it seems before we move on to a new tmnt series.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #92
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You make a really good point.

I guess Nick probably just wanted 2012 out of the way of their big new flashy thing, but it's weird that this one gets it.

With all those files surely still existing on some computer or stored away on a collection of discs somewhere, at least the option is still there that it could happen one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Season 2 came up a little short, it's possible that the "Movie" is just the last 13 episodes edited together...
I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the nature of this show probably guarantees that most, if not all, of the missing episodes was just going to be the Turtles doing random unconnected BS anyhow, like much of the series was. They prob just saved a buck by skipping that part instead and jumped to the end they already intended on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
IT was the worst series. There were not aliens, the only bad guys except me and my Foot Ninja army where magical creatures, not mafia, or any other street gangs none of my iconic henchmen...
Lemmie say it this once more, for not-so-old time sake... Rise, the show with something for everyone...to dislike.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #93
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You make a really good point.

I guess Nick probably just wanted 2012 out of the way of their big new flashy thing, but it's weird that this one gets it.

With all those files surely still existing on some computer or stored away on a collection of discs somewhere, at least the option is still there that it could happen one day.
Yeah and I'm pretty positive there's more demand for a 2012 based movie than there is a third season of Rise. I can only imagine somewhere in production of Season 2, Nick realized that the series wasn't a financial success and decided to cut it shorter. And even if this series was to go on before this decision was made, nothing would've really changed of it and Raph would still remain the leader until the last episode anyway which would've made it even more painful for those who really wanted to see Leo take over.

The off chance that there will be another season, the show would still remain the same except for the fact that Leo is now the leader, is trying to take the role more seriously now, and that Raph is now the angry one. Fans might get a taste of this for the Netflix film depending on if it takes place after the series finale.

Quote:
I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the nature of this show probably guarantees that most, if not all, of the missing episodes was just going to be the Turtles doing random unconnected BS anyhow, like much of the series was. They prob just saved a buck by skipping that part instead and jumped to the end they already intended on.
Yeah and even if they were to use the 22 minute episodes and spliced them together, it'd most likely feel inconsistent in areas.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 08-09-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #94
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just watched the final episodes. Is it me or the ending is so abrupt? Everything returns back to normal. and they end on Leonardo becoming a leader. And that's it? No closure what's so ever.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #95
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The 2nd season was cut half so I think that’s why everything is so rushed.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #96
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
IT was the worst series. There were not aliens, the only bad guys except me and my Foot Ninja army where magical creatures, not mafia, or any other street gangs none of my iconic henchmen like Hun, Tiger Claw Rocksteady and Bebop ..... Even the funny and more kiddy 1987 series is 1000% better and more serious than Rise. But dont worry evrything will be fine when the next series starts in a few months and is as serious as 2003 and 2012 are. No wonder it failed. At least i was awesome ! But except me evrything else was terrible. Thet learned their lesson the hard way but iam sure they learned it. Imagine what would had happend if Rise had aired in 1987? It would had been a huge failure too!
  1. We did see the corpse of an Utrom and the creator of the Dark Armor is clearly an Utrom as well, so technically we got aliens. Had the show continued, I guess thay would have played a bigger role. Also there's the raccoon, not sure if she really was an alien or not though.
  2. Tiger Claw, Bebop and Rocksteady suck. The fact that they didn't show up is a good thing.
Hahahaha!
Old 08-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #97
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. We did see the corpse of an Utrom and the creator of the Dark Armor is clearly an Utrom as well, so technically we got aliens. Had the show continued, I guess thay would have played a bigger role. Also there's the raccoon, not sure if she really was an alien or not though.
  2. Tiger Claw, Bebop and Rocksteady suck. The fact that they didn't show up is a good thing.
Having those three show up would be a waste of there characters. They are too good to be a part of this.

When the next reboot series come. I look forward to see how they bring them.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #98
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I take the weekend off and Rise of the TMNT is officially canceled?

You're welcome.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #99
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Its so cute watching the rise fans try and pull a snyder cut and begging Nick to Save rise or put it on a streaming service.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #100
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I've heard good things about War Zone, I loved Ennis' Punisher too so I'll give it a go too on your recommendation. Maybe my dad would be interested in it also since he gave the Jane film a go.
He kills a dude by literally punching him straight through his face and out the back of his head. Best Movie EVER!

The BEST.

Closed Thread