The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batman: Brave and The Bold Returns For Scooby Doo Crossover

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm actually looking forward to this
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well...that was bound to happen
Old 10-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm in.

But here's something weird... Elongated Man seems like he's going to be very Plastic Man-y on The Flash. And then here we have Plas in Ralph's normal role as stretchy detective.

Supwitdat
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, Detective Chimp is in this?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Didn't Brave and the Bold Batman already meet Scooby Doo in the show? They're returning the favor but it feels odd that they're treating it as their first encounter.

This will cause all kinds of trouble in Scooby Doo Continuity.

Apparently there's also a SD Comic book called Team Up where they team up with random DC/WB characters, but pretty much all of them seem to be Batman or bat-family team ups w
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Didn't Brave and the Bold Batman already meet Scooby Doo in the show?
No, they didn't. The only time Mystery Inc. appeared on the show was in "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" which was a homage the Batman/Scooby-Doo crossovers from the 70s.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

This looks like it’ll be fun.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Why Batman acting like he's never seen them before? They already did reunite in that one episode, man his memory these days

I always enjoy seeing Batman/Scooby team ups. So, I'm game for an entire film on it
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:01 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

What's also surprising is this technically counts as a revival of Brave and the Bold too, since the show ended years ago.

Makes me wonder if WB will make more DVD movies for that incarnation after this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

More Brave and the Bold, my favorite Batman show, yes please!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #12
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Very excited for this! Loved Brave and the Bold so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's also surprising is this technically counts as a revival of Brave and the Bold too, since the show ended years ago.

Makes me wonder if WB will make more DVD movies for that incarnation after this.
I'd be down for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
More Brave and the Bold, my favorite Batman show, yes please!
More than TAS?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
More than TAS?
Of course, BatB got Rainbow Batman and the best Aquaman portrayal.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
No, this is a DVD Scooby-Doo movie that just happens to have Batman, not the other way around.

I mean he has also crossed over with the WWE twice already, Dynomutt and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
No, they didn't. The only time Mystery Inc. appeared on the show was in "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" which was a homage the Batman/Scooby-Doo crossovers from the 70s.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but even though it was a homage it was technically supposed to be the BATB batman right?

The problem here is they're meeting Batman for the first time when we know its not the first time, unless this happens before the other Batman cross overs. Yes I take my SD continuity seriously.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #15
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
The problem here is they're meeting Batman for the first time when we know its not the first time, unless this happens before the other Batman cross overs. Yes I take my SD continuity seriously.
I don't think the short story from "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases" with the Joker, the Penguin, and Weird Al was canon. Scooby-Doo continuity is... convoluted.

But watching the preview again, they could go either way with it, it's not clear if this will be the first meeting of this iteration of Brave and Bold Batman and Mystery, Inc. or not. As a huge fan of all the Batman/Scooby-Doo crossovers though, I'm definitely here for this.

Side-note: what's everyone's favorite Scooby-Doo show? For me it's a tie between the original series and Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #16
ABrown
Banned

Anyone seen this yet? I picked it up at Walmart and watched it with my twin four year old boys. It was ok. Felt a little weird since I'm not really in a Batman: B&TB zone like I was in 2009-2010.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #17
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I don't think the short story from "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases" with the Joker, the Penguin, and Weird Al was canon. Scooby-Doo continuity is... convoluted.

But watching the preview again, they could go either way with it, it's not clear if this will be the first meeting of this iteration of Brave and Bold Batman and Mystery, Inc. or not. As a huge fan of all the Batman/Scooby-Doo crossovers though, I'm definitely here for this.
Why wouldn't it be? The way I see it is all times the Scooby gang meets Batman it is the same Batman" while everytime Batman meet's scooby it's for the first time if that makes any sense. I do think the Batmite presents is def. canon with Brave and the Bold so that Batman should know the scooby gang already, if this were a new version of Batman I could understand.

SD continuity is indeed convoluted but I like piecing it together even with all the inconsistencies but for the most part it's not that bad and doable. The thing is all Scooby cartoons take the original show in continuity and don't really pay much attention to anything else besides that. Mystery Inc being the one that messed things up continuity wise but I guess the ending of the show allows some wiggle room to fit it back in.

Quote:
Side-note: what's everyone's favorite Scooby-Doo show? For me it's a tie between the original series and Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated!
I think for me it's also a tie but between the original series and A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. I have a softspot for 13 ghosts of Scooby but upon a re-watch as an adult it just isn't that good while the original and Pup are still enjoyable to me, loved 13 as a kid though.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I dislike Mystery Inc. I don't know why, I like the artwork, I love the humor, some of the arcs that it had but overall something about it just didn't feel "scooby" that even the weirdest and worst shows of Scooby are better for me.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are all the Scooby Doo shows and movies supposed to be in continuity with each other? I assumed each time a new series started it was a reboot, I know the older 60's-70's Scooby Doo shows were all linked though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Are all the Scooby Doo shows and movies supposed to be in continuity with each other? I assumed each time a new series started it was a reboot, I know the older 60's-70's Scooby Doo shows were all linked though.
Yes and no.

There's no real connections, most of them are pretty much stand alone shows but they do reference past shows occasionally, more specifically all shows usually reference the original show while there may be easter eggs/cameos here and there of other shows. So, a sane man would not think much of it and just treat them as their own thing while someone else like me will use all small references and clues to stitch them all together.

For the most part there are no big contradictions, bigger ones include the gang seeing " real ghosts/monsters" for the first time in more than one occasion & the Hex Girls being introduced first in a movie that takes place when the gang are adults while appearing in a show where they're clearly teenagers are the biggest problems.

Mystery Inc. being the exception, that one uses the original show but takes place directly after it and pretty much contradicts almost every show that came after it, even though it also has easter eggs and cameos from other shows. So they tease the viewer that all these things happened and yet make it so it's impossible for those shows to have taken place. Then you have the ending which dwells into different realities so I guess if we go that route then yeah it's still in continuity since the ending of the the show gives wiggle room for it all to happen again differently...
Old 01-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #20
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Anyone seen this yet? I picked it up at Walmart and watched it with my twin four year old boys. It was ok. Felt a little weird since I'm not really in a Batman: B&TB zone like I was in 2009-2010.
Just watched it today; it was a pretty good Batman/Scooby-Doo crossover I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be? The way I see it is all times the Scooby gang meets Batman it is the same Batman" while everytime Batman meet's scooby it's for the first time if that makes any sense. I do think the Batmite presents is def. canon with Brave and the Bold so that Batman should know the scooby gang already, if this were a new version of Batman I could understand.

SD continuity is indeed convoluted but I like piecing it together even with all the inconsistencies but for the most part it's not that bad and doable. The thing is all Scooby cartoons take the original show in continuity and don't really pay much attention to anything else besides that. Mystery Inc being the one that messed things up continuity wise but I guess the ending of the show allows some wiggle room to fit it back in.
After watching it I'd definitely say the short from the Bat-Mite Presents episode is not canon, or at least not in the same canon as this story, based on the way Batman and the Mystery Gang interact when they first encounter each other.

Quote:
Short answer, no. Some Scooby-Doo shows continue on from previous shows, either strictly or loosely, while others are their own thing entirely.

Here's some discussions on Scooby-Doo continuity between the various iterations:

Scoobypedia

ToonZone

TV Tropes

Quote:
Yes and no.

There's no real connections, most of them are pretty much stand alone shows but they do reference past shows occasionally, more specifically all shows usually reference the original show while there may be easter eggs/cameos here and there of other shows. So, a sane man would not think much of it and just treat them as their own thing while someone else like me will use all small references and clues to stitch them all together.

For the most part there are no big contradictions, bigger ones include the gang seeing " real ghosts/monsters" for the first time in more than one occasion & the Hex Girls being introduced first in a movie that takes place when the gang are adults while appearing in a show where they're clearly teenagers are the biggest problems.

Mystery Inc. being the exception, that one uses the original show but takes place directly after it and pretty much contradicts almost every show that came after it, even though it also has easter eggs and cameos from other shows. So they tease the viewer that all these things happened and yet make it so it's impossible for those shows to have taken place. Then you have the ending which dwells into different realities so I guess if we go that route then yeah it's still in continuity since the ending of the the show gives wiggle room for it all to happen again differently...
Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated! has references to monsters/bad guys that featured in the original show, sure, but it's not meant to imply that it's set in that continuity; those are just homages. Mystery Inc. is set in Crystal Cove, not Coolsville like the original show.

Other than Mystery Inc. though, most other Scooby-Doo shows could probably be linked together if one tries hard enough, like you said.