The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #261
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Titans movie?
Say more
RUMORS, rumors. All rumors.

...But the RUMOR is, they're having second thoughts about a Cyborg solo film, and may want to cash in on some of that sweet Batman movie side-money by going all-in on a Teen Titans (or just plain "Titans") movie with Robin or Nightwing in a leading role, and having Cyborg play a major part in that instead.

The conspiracy theory is that it's connected to the live-action Titans TV show getting cancelled. Thinking is, they want to "save" the property for a movie series so they can actually make money from it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #262
snake
Disgusting

Outside of the movie, Leto is such a f*cking tryhard with this role in behind the scenes stuff and interviews. GUYS IM SUPER INSANE HAHAHA WOW LOOKIE HERE MOMS GONNA FREAK!

Just to keep up with this dumb meme that the joker role is cursed or whatever because of Ledger doing the same sh*t.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #263
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually think it's a little reserved compared to Ledger's take, honestly.

It's an entirely different flavor of "Crazy", clearly.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #264
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I actually think it's a little reserved compared to Ledger's take, honestly.

It's an entirely different flavor of "Crazy", clearly.
Ledger took pills and such so its on a different level then what Leto is doing but he's going for the same effect.

I'm going to run around NYC nude with a piece of cardboard stapled to my d*ck while yelling about wall street because I'm craaaaaaazy

It just seems like attention whoring and more CUHRAZZZZYYY Joker fanwank than actually getting into a role.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #265
Commenter 42
Banned

I get the same vibe as Snake... Leto is drowning.

I think it could be a good thing though; if theres one thing we've had more than enough of, it's Batman/Joker. Affleck looks dumb, Leto looks Dumb, but the rest of the Squad? Gadot? yeah, i'm down for all of that.

Just bring the energy, and make it a party we all want to be at, not a GD funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm going to run around NYC nude with a piece of cardboard stapled to my d*ck while yelling about wall street because I'm craaaaaaazy
I didn't hear about this, but there was the dead animal "prank" or whatever. Dafuq was that.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #266
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I get the same vibe as Snake... Leto is drowning.

I think it could be a good thing though; if theres one thing we've had more than enough of, it's Batman/Joker. Affleck looks dumb, Leto looks Dumb, but the rest of the Squad? Gadot? yeah, i'm down for all of that.

Just bring the energy, and make it a party we all want to be at, not a GD funeral.
I'd have to disagree about Affleck, I think he doesn't look too bad. As long as he doesn't do the stupid grunty voice HRMRMGPPRRHRHRHEHSEN TRUGGUH as much as he does in the trailers he'll be pretty good.

The rest of the suicide squad has a JUST F*CK MY SH*T UP FAM vibe to them and I can't tell if its lazy character design or somewhat intentional.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #267
Leo656
The Franchise

Affleck looks like Batman, I still don't see the problem anyone has, beyond "Affleck", which I don't consider valid, frankly. He looks and acts like Batman. ((Shrug)) The closer we get to release date, and the more we see, the more peoples' complaints are dwindling down to just, "It's Affleck!" over and over again. Least that's all *I* ever see. Other than a few too many seams on the costume, which is whatever, Bale's suit was a piece of sh*t and people love those movies.

It's gonna be a good year for comic book movies. I see a lot to be happy about and not a lot worth crying over.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #268
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
I'd have to disagree about Affleck, I think he doesn't look too bad. As long as he doesn't do the stupid grunty voice HRMRMGPPRRHRHRHEHSEN TRUGGUH as much as he does in the trailers he'll be pretty good.

The rest of the suicide squad has a JUST F*CK MY SH*T UP FAM vibe to them and I can't tell if its lazy character design or somewhat intentional.
He's still Affleck. I don't have high hopes.

Yeah, I thought the same about the designs, but the trailer was fun. Who knows where it lands, but if the movie has that energy, I'm in.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #269
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you liked it, Bry, but you're still nuts about the other stuff.
Hey, I think we're on the same page about the New 52 at least, right?

About Leto... I dunno. I think the metal teeth and the forehead tattoo and the chains are just... distracting as hell. Distracting from the performance, even. If you have such a well-established character like the Joker, going this far from the known "look" is always going to be distracting. Doesn't mean it won't work, but the performance has more to do to overcome that, I think. And on that I'm still unconvinced. But everything else has me crazy excited.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #270
Leo656
The Franchise

If the rumored in-story reason of, "Batman broke all his teeth in retaliation for killing Robin, and that's the best he could do since then" turns out to be true, then I'm completely fine with it. Supposedly everything that's "different" is supposed to be illustrative of the fact that in this universe, time has passed and the characters have a whole history behind them already. The tattoos and the busted teeth are all indicative of things that have happened over previous adventures, etc. etc.

It's not what I'd have thought of but I really can't find fault with it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
He's still Affleck. I don't have high hopes.
LITERALLY on cue. To the f*cking TICK. Unbelievable!

Old 01-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #271
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
LITERALLY on cue. To the f*cking TICK. Unbelievable!
Relax! I'm praising the trailer here! It looks like fun, and I hated his last film, so ....
Old 01-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #272
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Affleck looks like Batman, I still don't see the problem anyone has, beyond "Affleck", which I don't consider valid, frankly. He looks and acts like Batman. ((Shrug)) The closer we get to release date, and the more we see, the more peoples' complaints are dwindling down to just, "It's Affleck!" over and over again. Least that's all *I* ever see. Other than a few too many seams on the costume, which is whatever, Bale's suit was a piece of sh*t and people love those movies.

It's gonna be a good year for comic book movies. I see a lot to be happy about and not a lot worth crying over.
I'm getting burned out on comic movies. I'm still looking forward to BvS and Civil War but I'm mostly burned out. They just don't seem special when you have over 5 of them coming out a year. Occasionally I'll see something that I'll really enjoy like GOTG or Ant Man (best marvel movies, Avengers can suck my d*ck) but most of them range from ok to pretty good. The bubble is gonna burst for these movies and I think it'll be next year or late this year.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #273
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
The bubble is gonna burst for these movies and I think it'll be next year or late this year.
Somehow I doubt that.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #274
Leo656
The Franchise

See, that's why I really like what DC's movies are doing, because it's completely different from what Marvel is doing. I'd be just fine if they were exactly as bright and fluffy and cookie-cutter as all of Marvel's movies are, because I do like those movies, but the fact that they're doing a completely different set of super-hero movies, with a completely different approach to the "shared universe", with each of the movies being connected but having its own style and tone and execution... plus, the fact that they look like they're equally committed to doing both gritty, street-level movies like Squad, and epic, sci-fi stuff like Green Lantern Corps... it's really big stuff. Like their "Big Stuff" is going to be so, SO much BIGGER in scope than Marvel's Big Stuff.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #275
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
See, that's why I really like what DC's movies are doing, because it's completely different from what Marvel is doing. I'd be just fine if they were exactly as bright and fluffy and cookie-cutter as all of Marvel's movies are, because I do like those movies, but the fact that they're doing a completely different set of super-hero movies, with a completely different approach to the "shared universe", with each of the movies being connected but having its own style and tone and execution... plus, the fact that they look like they're equally committed to doing both gritty, street-level movies like Squad, and epic, sci-fi stuff like Green Lantern Corps... it's really big stuff. Like their "Big Stuff" is going to be so, SO much BIGGER in scope than Marvel's Big Stuff.
Thats part of why I read more DC than Marvel. When their events are good, they're really f*cking good (blackest night, multiversity, 52). They give a more gods and legends feel rather than quipmonsters and tumblr quirks movie wise and comic wise.

Still, this is the general public we're talking about. The same public that hates dc for no reason other than the internet told them to. The same public that was wondering why Spidey wasn't on the avengers. I truely think that these DC movies won't get past Justice League. I just can't see a Shazam/Captain Marvel movie happening. It seems too good to be true.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #276
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, they signed The Rock, so they better HOPE it happens, cuz that guy ain't cheap.

I think a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised when all of the final films turn out to be more multifaceted than two-minute trailers can fully show, and things will end up just fine. I admit their plan is ambitious, but there's great advantage in being "second" on this whole thing. They've apparently carefully watched how Marvel's films rolled out and figured out how to streamline the process and gear it more towards their characters and how DC does super heroes.

If anything I think the Cyborg flick is 50/50. That one was always a gamble. I say screw it, Titans. That's his clique anyways. That's another "mistake" Marvel made that WB/DC has learned from, and I'm glad: NOT all of these characters need, deserve, or can carry a solo film, let alone a film and two pointless sequels before we get to the team-up movie that everyone REALLY wants to see anyway! Nobody cares about a Cyborg movie, or a Raven movie, or a Starfire movie... I mean, they DO... but NOT more than they'd care about a Titans movie FIRST, and all those others later. I say scrap Cyborg and do that one.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #277
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Felt that trailer was a ripoff of the original GOTG trailer. Bohemian Rhapsody was too much of a distraction too.
I had no idea GotG owned the rights to using old songs in trailers.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #278
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Loved everything but the music. August is way too far away.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #279
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

That trailer was tops!
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #280
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Loved everything but the music.
Dude, it's Queen. The hell?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds