The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #281
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I think that PR should do a season where Tommy is all 5 Rangers. They could do it. 2 White Rangers, 2 Red Rangers and the Green Ranger....huh...huh?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #282
ZariusTwo
Overlord

SAG rules, and not common sense, would prevent that unfortunatly.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #283
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Yeah, I was just being an idiot, (trying to hard to live up to my nome de forum) but could you explain the Screen Actor's Guild rule that would bar such a move...I mean Eddie Murphy plays all the characters in half his movies...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #284
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Not so much the apperances as every characterm but the sheer fact an SAG actor filming in a foriegn location for the entire season would cost more than the season's explosion budget...sorry...production budget.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #285
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Darn, my dream of Power Rangers: Oliver Overdrive is a bust!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #286
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

I never saw the Power Rangers show. However, years ago I turned on the TV and found (completely by accident) a late-night show where the host produced a Green Ranger doll and said, "The Power Rangers have two deadly enemies. The Empress, and this chainsaw." He produced the chainsaw and indicated a table set up on the stage. "First we'll humiliate him but putting this pink doll's dress on him," and did so, then he nailed the Power Ranger to the table using huge nails. Then he turned on the chainsaw and proceeded to cut into the doll. Then the show cut to a commerical break, and when it returned, it showed the Power Ranger cut up into several pieces. Then the host showed the chainsaw with the chain loose, and mentioned the saw stood up to the doll but not the dress. He also indicated that the doll had some sort of stuffing in it.

A rather gruesome story, but I thought it might interest Power Rangers fans and nonfans.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #287
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangerrrsss...

I think this was the best of them all, i mean the green ranger had a GODZILLA ZORD!

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #288
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Decent little follow-up to the surprisingly graphic direction of Operation Overdrive. One of the Fearcats is implied to have had murdered Tyzon's fiance
Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #289
ToTheNines
[sic]

So is this MMPR Animated Series really happening or what?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #290
ZariusTwo
Overlord

We're not sure as of yet, but Disney and Toei are at each other's throats presently from what I've heard over how to handle future product. Disney want complete control over the Sentai so they can translate thier episodes and story to PR with NO problems in omitting the more violent or campier aspects that Japan love using for their series, Toei want to keep doing their own thing
Old 09-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #291
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Holy crap, after years of hoping it might actually happen? Not just an animated pr series, but MMPR ANIMATED?! Oh please come true. Of course I wish I was working on it, I've had ideas for this for many years. Lord Zedd has to make a come back.

Keep the violence in, overload it even. I want something comparable to TMNT 2k3. Finally prove to all those 80's babies that MMPR animated would kick Voltron's ass!
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #292
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Is it weird that Ive been seeing merch with the animated MMPR?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #293
Serp
Hench Mutant

I like Power Rangers Operation Overdrive for the most part. I get a little tired of the explosions sometimes. I like the cast for the most part. Having a group of main villians is an interesting twist. I notice that there is very little usage of random monsters this season which I'm fine with. It also a very goal oriented series with little or no side stories. Since Power Rangers is now 32 episodes, there is now little room for development for outside character growth that "filler" episodes used to solve, but in ways it kind of works for Operation Overdrive. I think that because of this, we can do away with team up episodes. I didn't care for "Once A Ranger part one or two" I feel that those two slotes could have be used for the Operation Overdrive rangers to develop more since we have fewer episodes now.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #294
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thirty-two episodes means plenty of character development can be provided for the Rangers. There is no reason why it shouldnt. Fans like to make up this crap to justify an extra fourty-five episode number. PR, with twenty-two episodes, can flesh out as many characters as it wants and get the story told much quicker.

The problem is with the writers, not the episode count.

I can watch a Power Rangers season for Power Rangers any season, I'm glad Operation Overdrive has chosen to forsake that concept for once and told a story about the mistakes and trials of the dysfunctional mentor Hartford. The entire season has been more about him and the development of Mack than the Rangers, with the groups also given more focus, but the rest of the Ranger cast? They are just Rangers, part of the larger story, they arent what this season is about.

I agree that team-up episodes need to be shelved, they provide nothing to the story.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #295
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Any one hear about the new PR game that just came out? Power Rangers: Super Legends. It goes thru all the versions of PR.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #296
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Any one hear about the new PR game that just came out? Power Rangers: Super Legends. It goes thru all the versions of PR.
Boo-yah. Enjoy.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #297
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Operation Overdrive concludes this week.

And here's an interesting note, the new "Power Rangers Super Legends" video game is actually an in-canon story, Zedd is "recorrputed" at an unspecified point in time and is evil again, playing havoc with the timeline in the game. It also reveals that previous Ranger team's energies are all stored within a hidden dimension called the "Hall of Legends". In addition to the Morphing Grid and Sentinal Knight, this pretty much reveals how the Ranger's powers can be restored if required
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #298
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Moltors death was probably one of if not the darkest moments in PR imo. I know villians killing each other is common in PR but the way Flurious did it was really cold blooded, no pun intended.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:27 AM   #299
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Power Rangers Jungle Fury premieres next week

And the current rumour is that PR will be remaining a live-action series in 2009, but production will move to Canada.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #300
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I just ordered the first two seasons of the german produced MMPR dvd sets.

I talked to Zarius about these briefly, they're legitimate, but its really odd how they're only available through Germany. On the Wiki, it says there will be a French release as well.

I paid 120 for both seasons, 60 a pop. Thats average for a dvd set containing 24 eps...these have like 43 per season.

Tags
power rangers