Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #2201
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
"Monday, October 26, 2009
Some thoughts on the future"

"One thing that is becoming clear to me is that, right now, I need to really step back from Turtle stuff. I am feeling strongly that I need to distance myself from the TMNT to truly grasp what has happened, and become accustomed to it."
[...]
"In all honesty, the idea of doing ANY new Turtle stuff right now leaves me cold.

I need to get away from it."
[...]
"I can't guarantee when -- or even if -- Mirage will produce new TMNT comics again. It is most likely that the next TMNT comic thing I work on will be the conclusion of TMNT Volume 4, but at this moment I can't even guarantee when -- or if -- I will do that."

Take from his personal blog, here: http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....on-future.html

Everyone can have an opinion, and we will never truly know what he feels insde at any given moment, but to me, that sounds like he gave up.
That was after the sale. All he legally could do at that point was comics.

"One thing that is becoming clear to me is that, right now, I need to really step back from Turtle stuff. I am feeling strongly that I need to distance myself from the TMNT to truly grasp what has happened, and become accustomed to it."

What happened, yeah, in terms of Nickelodeon now owning TMNT and preparing himself to see a whole bunch of sh***y cartoons and movies going full-throttle on the stuff he'd been vetoing/quality-controlling for over two decades.

This was him dealing with the aftermath of the sale, not some calculated "I want to get away from TMNT" thing beforehand.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #2202
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Looks promising. Writing should at least be better.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #2203
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He didn't "basically give up." Nickelodeon came at him with 63 million reasons to give it up... to them. So he did. He wasn't shopping TMNT around or anything, they came to him with the offer completely out of left field.
I do remember reading somewhere from Steve Murphy that after news of the sale broke as a surprise, he couldn't help but think the "25th Anniversary" celebration and publicity tour might have been a calculated way of making the franchise as attractive as possible to potential buyers.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 01-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #2204
Vicky82
Emperor

Kat Graham talks about playing April

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd5Rz2Yn4Kx/?taken-by=tmnt

Old 01-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #2205
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Many of the tumblr folk are already hating on Rise because they blame the cancellation of the Nick show on it and ending their show and their ships with them.

Counting the majority will hate on it because of the magic angle and no shredder I feel like we won't get a lot of this show before it's cancelled.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #2206
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Many of the tumblr folk are already hating on Rise because they blame the cancellation of the Nick show on it and ending their show and their ships with them.
Whaaat....

No. Just no.

If I'm honest... If nothing else, if this new one is just full of stupid, I'm somewhat slightly hoping at the very least that it will weed out some of the more half assed fans and when they get bored and wander off (rather than choosing to staying with TMNT and exploring what else it is made of) some stupider aspects they attached to the fandom might in good part go with them and decrease a bit.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #2207
Vegita-San
Emperor

face it. the days of the old fandom are dead. they are trying to make it with the newer fans.

The Question is.. will the newer fans LAST..or will they grow bored with it far faster than we did?

And I thought tumbler was the place full of hate no matter what happened? bunch of grumpy old SJW grandmas trying to ship real life people together when they confirm they are not dating...
Old 01-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #2208
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hope that the villain of Rise, Baron Draxum, gets some sort of overly dramatic theme that plays whenever he appears.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #2209
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Counting the majority will hate on it because of the magic angle and no shredder I feel like we won't get a lot of this show before it's cancelled.
Meanwhile the Facebook casuals are using the Raph/Leo role reversal thing as their excuse to back out, but we all know these people just hate everything that isn't "their" version anyway.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 01-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #2210
CyberCubed
Overlord

If anything if the new show isn't received well, I wouldn't be surprised if Ciro's 2012 cartoon is revived for a new season.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #2211
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The Question is.. will the newer fans LAST..or will they grow bored with it far faster than we did?
Eh, it's just hitting a period where we get to see who the real newer fans are. Those that stick around, even if they don't care for 'Rise.' I'm sure there are certainly plenty enough out there.

I mean, even if 'Rise' did end up really sucking, there's at least still the guilty pleasure aspect of discussing its badness per ep, if that were truly the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
but we all know
We all do, huh?

And why wouldn't a hardcore fan be allowed to hate that (or any) particular idea...? I thought it was casuals who liked anything.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #2212
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If anything if the new show isn't received well, I wouldn't be surprised if Ciro's 2012 cartoon is revived for a new season.
No. That show is done. If Rise fails, make way for the... what... 5th animated TMNT show?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #2213
Vegita-San
Emperor

2012 show is thankfully done...kaput, outta here.

the only thing that seems to get revived each new era is the 80s show. Twice now.

ducking kitchen sinks .
Old 01-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #2214
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
2012 show is thankfully done...kaput, outta here.

the only thing that seems to get revived each new era is the 80s show. Twice now.

ducking kitchen sinks .
I wouldn't be surprise if the 80s Turtles show in Rise of the TMNT.

If they go that route, I would like the 80s Turtles to make some reference to the Nick TMNT universe, like they acknowledge that they been through this before, in another universe.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #2215
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
No. That show is done. If Rise fails, make way for the... what... 5th animated TMNT show?
Not really, Ciro's show will always be remembered as the first Nick era TMNT cartoon, for that reason alone I expect it to be revisited at some point. We'll probably see the Nick Turtles crossover in the 2018 show if it goes on a few years.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #2216
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Does anyone know if Ciro is working on anything else yet?
Old 01-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #2217
snake
Disgusting

If Rise fails then I wouldn't expect a new show for a long, long time.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #2218
newfan
Mad Scientist

Given how soon this show followed 2012, which could have had another tales series or at least 26 eps in season 5 before moving on, it does seem like the was hurried off for in favour of this one. (there was plenty of time to wait a bit longer)
That being said, you can look on the other hand, the show had it's planned 5 years and they wanted to continue with something.

I won't like this as much as 2012, it's going to be a totally different show (of course, or what's the point) everyone has their preferred incarnations and/or some they don't like. I don't like the leader swap idea nor the suggestions of Leo's character so far but as I have said before, I will give it a chance and see what they do.

People don't have to like something (or have to dislike something on the other hand) and they can give their opinion, it's just a matter of not trolling that something after.

Last edited by newfan; 01-15-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 AM   #2219
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

I read back, and was wondering: awaiting the 2012 show the dromers were far more optimistic, then now awaiting the 2018 show. You had the same no info about it, and still you were more optimistic... why is that? What happened to the franchise that makes us cautious?

Was perhaps the 2012 show a disappointment?

Or contrary: did you love the 2012 show so much, that you think the new show can be only worse?

Ooor: the PD movies made you unsure that Viacom can handle the franchise well enough?
Old 01-15-2018, 12:52 AM   #2220
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I'm still optimistic about this one. It's probably very different than what we're used to, and I probably won't like it as much as 2012. Then again, I might be pleasantly surprised. The bottom line is, there isn't enough information to make a solid opinion one way or the other. Even if I don't like all the changes, it could still be decent. We just have to wait and see how they handle these changes.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters