The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #21
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I thought they were gonna reveal Shredder or something.
They have hinted at Shredder, they have the two Foot Goons gathering pieces of the Shredder's armor and they are going to give it to Baron Draxum for some reason. Likely so he can become a corporeal vessel for the Shredder where as Draxum just thinks he's getting some kick-ass mystic armor just because.

Splinter's family in this version had Ronin Warriors thing going on where their ancestor defeated the Shredder, and for generations, they have been standing as guardians both to prepare for the Shredder's return, but also prevent it from happening. Splinter himself saw the legend of the Shredder as BS and didn't take his families legacy seriously, so became a famous stunt actor instead.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I've been thinking that Draxum himself may just be the new Shredder, but via being possessed by the demon armor or some demonic "Shredder" spirit attached to it.

I vaguely recall a repeat I ran across the other day mentioning something about the armor(?) having possessed or taken over the previous wearer...or something like that. So Draxum may have the same fate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Yeah the animation is great and all, but I'm sick of seeing the Ren face (from Ren & Stimpy). First time was funny, but now they are all doing it in each episodes...
A part of me almost feels inspired to take clips of all the dumb facial expressions, edit them all together, and drop the looped Patrick portion of the Spongebob Idiot Friends song behind it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #23
Sugilita
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Rise is amaziiiiing, and not just the stellar animation.

the usage of fluid animation and strong key poses is a absolute animator eye candy to watch.
Great use of composition and striking visuals. And it's fun, the animation can alternate from serious to comedic on a dime.
And non-sakuga scenes still are great to watch as they really give us some expressive characters.
The show really fires from all cylinders and delivers.

And Donnie's eyebrows are the best
And the family aspect is amazing. Like the turtles saying "Daddy or dad" to Splinter. Or Don confronting Splinter crying that he lied to them. Feels realistic and relatable.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #24
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

PApagreg, thank you for this thread!
there is so much flag over this show and everybody has an opinion that he NEEDS to share with everyone here..and in my observation in most of these cases it is a rather negative opinion about this show.
ALSO very often the case-- and take this also as just an observation-- coming from people who were enthusiastic about the 2k12 turtles show and are sad that it ended and this has taken its place now.

be that as it may, I didn't know myself what to expect of this show before it premiered.. I tried to remind myself to just stay open and loose about it and see what they would be coming up with.
then came the first glimpses at the character designs and we got to know that they changed up the format towards a much shorter running time per episode and I could understand that the look of what would be the new and coming turtles show was maybe much more than only a little bit different from what most would have expected or even hoped for..
I mean we have seen these horrible soulless michael bay abominations being the turtles at the movies for this generation of kids and overall fans and every further straying away from the original look of these characters from the comics or the first animated show or the first movies etc was testing and straining our patiencehahahaha

but , again--to me-- the fact that the show would return to traditional 2d animation was very intriguing. had the 2k12 show a problem with overtly reusing the same character models and backgrounds over and over again (for issues of costs no doubt) here was a way that could give us everything you could ever imagine for only the writers and animators and designers imaginations were the limit.

I really immensely enjoy rise of the tmnt for it cracks me up from time to time, the characters are very funny and loveable. the adventures offer change and that also includes moments when they seem to return to familiar grounds for us.
the action sequences are always very dynamic. there is so much happening in one such episode that rewatching them is fun, because one can really find something new with each visit.
the relationship is charming. yeah, splinter...man, this was such a set up and sooooo many peoppkle fell for it complaining endlessly in comments and videos about how this splinter is such a lously father figure and so on, but of people would just keep on watching the last few episodes I think many would see that their frustration (over a cartoon no less) was maybe a little premature and that they too can have fun with these characters.
anyway, PApagreg, you are absolutely right when you say that there is so much love and detail in every frame of this show! this is something I also came to see when watching and rewatching my dvd of the show.I wanted to pause it to do something and was stunned by a beautiful freeze frame. after that I paused the dvd on many occasion just to snap a pic or two of something I found funny or excitingly illustrated etc and bing--there was always a beautiful surprise waiting.
so, in that regard the show is so much fun to me, too..
anyway, I dont think I can change anyones opinion nor would I be especially interested to do so, I just wanted to support the positive perspective on this show that I can find so much joy in myself.
thanks again for this thread!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #25
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Nah its more like appreciating your artistic son when you notice he is getting money from drawing commissioned art.

Well animated series so far and to compare it to FW or 2k3 its at least second best(though I think its better than 2k12)
This kid isn’t making money. This is the kid who has to move back home in their mid thirties.
Everybody knows this baby is ugly, why don’t you?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #26
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Everybody knows this baby is ugly, why don’t you?
People might call the baby dumb but nobody is calling it ugly.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

People wonder why this forum is dying yet you're not even allowed to praise this iteration.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #28
TommyT
Banned

Ah, to be a young contrarian again. The upside down is nice this time of year.

Everyone, outside of a small, but maybe vocal few have decried this take. Toy pricing is being slashed, added to the d list, and Nick is backing off, waiting for the December CBS merger for official cancellation.

It’s an ugly baby. Some people love ugly babies, but usually just the moms.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:10 AM   #29
Vegita-San
Emperor

i find this thread from PApagreg ironic.

wasn't it found out that they where not a turtle fan at all before, yet joined this board for some reason? and only stayed out of spite, IIRC?

seems like a troll thread to me honestly.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:21 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

wasn't it found out that they where not a turtle fan at all before, yet joined this board for some reason? and only stayed out of spite, IIRC?

I take it as legit. One man's garbage is another man's meat and all. Though... none of this is really intended for "men" at all, or anyone remotely approaching adulthood... so... not sure?

I say appreciate it as an inventive, shorthand take on TMNT as a children's property. Or just don't watch it, because if you're even able to be on this board at all it's literally not for you anyway.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ah, to be a young contrarian again. The upside down is nice this time of year.
You know people who dislike this series admit that the animation is nice right.

Quote:
Everyone, outside of a small, but maybe vocal few have decried this take. Toy pricing is being slashed, added to the d list, and Nick is backing off, waiting for the December CBS merger for official cancellation.
Uh citation needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

Well considering how I commented on the 2k12 and IdW threads and mentioned that the 2k3 version is my favorite I'm just going to say you got me confused with someone else.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #32
newfan
Mad Scientist

I don't feel a person is trolling for showing appreciation for animation, we all have our preferences.

So far as comparing the 4, different styles, different preference but between type/tone/age etc they will be different.

With some new toons I find myself thinking that someone needs to shade/add detail a little but that is what some people like at the moment it seems, I prefer a little more detail/colour. Rise however is not one of these. I haven't liked some of the facial expressions that I have seen (mentioned in the thread) but they are expressive and detailed.

Last edited by newfan; 11-09-2019 at 09:59 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #33
TommyT
Banned

Troll thread should be closed. No reason to feed this topic anymore.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

people can enjoy a show you know, it's annoying when people tell you you should like or shouldn't like something. Let people like what they like.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #35
TommyT
Banned

It’s an obvious troll playing games.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Totally not triggered.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Some of us actually like this show.

& that it has some superbly animated scenes, is fact.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:08 AM   #38
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
people can enjoy a show you know, it's annoying when people tell you you should like or shouldn't like something. Let people like what they like.
I know. But considering the OP's previous attitude toward TMNT, IIRC, I just find this thread ironic.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:19 AM   #39
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Some of us actually like this show.

& that it has some superbly animated scenes, is fact.
Grown ups call that an opinion, actually.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:51 AM   #40
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Bridge

I believe Rise of the TMNT is an attempt to serve as a bridge between the 2012–2017 Nickelodeon cartoon (which is mainly based on older source material) and upcoming cartoons and comics with more drastical changes. Same with the IDW comics and the Platinim Dunes films.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote