The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
picassotheninjaturtle
Thug

Casey Jones the worst character?

It seems that no matter how grave the situation is, Casey always finds it "wicked" and "sick". I think he's the worst character.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread needs to be locked.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Your account needs to be locked.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Nick Casey, to me is not Casey Jones. He's too annoying and is only there because Casey is such a popular character. The show has done NOTHING with him, and it sucks because Casey has such potential as a character.

Even if Mirage Casey was intended to be a parody of vigilantes, it's still a damn cool idea.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Your account needs to be locked.
It really does. I know you all think I'm an asshole to cubed, but when he acts like a dick head to newer members for no reason, it really hurts this place. It's unfair to the new people and it's unfair to the rest of us who might like more diversity to the discussions here... rather than hearing about 150 episodes for the millionth time, or his woody for that derpface Benoist.

Anyways, on topic. While they did a great job with CJ's design, the Nick version leaves something to be desired. On top of him being annoying, I miss him having an actual friendship with Raph. Also wish he was actually crazy, but that's never too late!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

I pretend that's just some other kid that follows them around. I can't think of him as Casey when, characteristically, he is nothing like Jones. At least in my opinion
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nick Casey, to me is not Casey Jones. He's too annoying and is only there because Casey is such a popular character. The show has done NOTHING with him, and it sucks because Casey has such potential as a character.

Even if Mirage Casey was intended to be a parody of vigilantes, it's still a damn cool idea.
He's there simply because people expect him to be there, but as far as I can tell, they've done little to nothing with the character other than "extra in a hockey mask."

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
He's there simply because people expect him to be there, but as far as I can tell, they've done little to nothing with the character other than "extra in a hockey mask."

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep. Nick Casey doesn't even bond with Raph. What the f*ck, man?
Old 09-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy One View Post
I pretend that's just some other kid that follows them around. I can't think of him as Casey when, characteristically, he is nothing like Jones. At least in my opinion
What does this mean? Casey's personality is always wildly different from incarnation.

Mirage = Starts off a maniac but then calms down and becomes a father

Fred Wolf = Complete maniac

4kids = Is a bit of a moron, becomes a bit of a joke and teddy bear although a good fighter

90's movies = Probably the most realistic interpetation of what Jones would be if he existed in real life

IDW = College kid trying to do right by his dad (who is Hun in that version)

Nick = High school kid who is metal

See, this is why I don't understand what you people want. You guys claim characters are not the same, when every version does something different.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #10
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't think he's the worst character at all. I think he gets pretty annoying when he and Don are fighting over April, but other than that, I don't really have a problem with him. I do wish he would bond more with Raph though as others have said.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Is Casey the worst character? Depends on what category we're talking here.

As a main character? Maybe? He is kind of useless and, yes, the proclamations of "This so Metal" is kind of annoying. I find Mikey to be a little more annoying than him but it might have more to do with his prominence.

How he's handled compared to other versions of the character? Oh yeah, he's certainly the most mishandled iteration of the character I've seen outside of the FW cartoon. It's not as bad as growling "LAWBREAKER" and "I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING" all the time but yeah, still a pretty poor version of the character. Without Gabe, or Shadow, or alcoholism, or an abusive father, or a deep rooted hatred for Hun, or the fear of becoming too violent, or a serious romance with April, or really anything backing up his anger/violence, what's left? Raph's buddy with sports equipment for weapons? That's kind of lame.

As the worst character in the show, period? Certainly not. This show has Pidgeon Pete, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, Napoleon Bonafrog, Bigfoot, that Sparrow guy etc. With a show that has this many characters you're bound to get some really awful ones. I mean seriously, Pete was literally just "I WANT BREAD, GIVE ME BREAD!" how can anything be more annoying than that?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #12
snake
Disgusting

OT Casey was hilarious though. I want psycho Casey back
Old 09-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I remember before they premiered his character I stated that I would've liked to see him as a middle aged widower with an adopted baby daughter (Shadow) who befriends the group or something to that effect. I feel like that would've made for an interesting plot device. Of course then he wouldn't have been able to be in a relationship with April for obvious reasons and Donatello wouldn't get all jealous and petulant all the time.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

nah this casey isn't the worst character. you want a bad not Casey go watch Stephen Amell's Not Casey it was really bad
Old 09-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #15
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
nah this casey isn't the worst character. you want a bad not Casey go watch Stephen Amell's Not Casey it was really bad
Ew, yeah. I was so f*cking disapointed when I realized the hockey mask was basically a glorified cameo.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #16
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Ew, yeah. I was so f*cking disapointed when I realized the hockey mask was basically a glorified cameo.
Elias Koteas's Hockey Mask had more screen time than Amell's
Old 09-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Gospel truth.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What does this mean? Casey's personality is always wildly different from incarnation.

Mirage = Starts off a maniac but then calms down and becomes a father

Fred Wolf = Complete maniac

4kids = Is a bit of a moron, becomes a bit of a joke and teddy bear although a good fighter

90's movies = Probably the most realistic interpetation of what Jones would be if he existed in real life

IDW = College kid trying to do right by his dad (who is Hun in that version)

Nick = High school kid who is metal

See, this is why I don't understand what you people want. You guys claim characters are not the same, when every version does something different.
Pretty much IDW,Mirage, and 4kids have the same personalities goof moron who fights crime because his family was either attacked or he had a bad childhood.

As for the Nick Casey he sucks baaaaaaaadd, we don't know anything about his homelife or background he is just some random kid who gets a set of sports equipment and just somehows just whacks a bunch of footbots. Not saying the 4kids Casey is perfect but at least we understand his motivation and had more of a relationship with the hamato clan then being a love rival towards Don
Old 09-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #19
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i kinda felt like he hit a new low in the insect trifecta episode when he sounded like a toy commercial for the grapple packs.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Pretty much IDW,Mirage, and 4kids have the same personalities goof moron who fights crime because his family was either attacked or he had a bad childhood.
Nonsense. He's not a goof/moron in Mirage or IDW. They're as similar to one another as the turtles are across each iteration, in that it's the same formula, but there are plenty of personality differences.

Have you even read the comics? Anyone who's well-versed knows this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haiku