The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Fan Works Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TMNT Volume 1 - Number 1 - Voice Over Comic (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39103)

Master Splinter 09-07-2012 09:49 AM

TMNT Volume 1 - Number 1 - Voice Over Comic
 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8t5Lyn1mgg

Almost two years in the making, our team can finally say the project is done. More might be added to the video later but all in all it is complete. Big thank you to the cast and the production team all coming together through re-recordings, crashed systems, lost members, and more. Cast, crew, and soundtrack listed below, technodrome usernames are in ( ).

Cast

Master Splinter: Played by Rutger Gret (Raph)
Leonardo: Played by Kevin McGill (Jester)
Raphael: Played by Steven W. Hunt (The Ninjinister)
Donatello: Played by Matthew Montelione (Donnie)
Michelangelo: Played by David Cordova (shuriken)
The Shredder/Oroku Saki: Played by Adam Winters (oldmanwinters)
Nagi: Played by Steven W. Hunt (The Ninjinister)
Yoshi, Baby Turtles: Played by Rutger Gret (Raph)
Foot Leader: Played by Matthew Montelione (Donnie)
Business Man: Played by Bjarni Gautur (Bjarni)
Business Man: Played by David Cordova (shuriken)

Crew

Video Editing: Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
Audio Editing: Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
Graphic Artists: Camille McIntyre (Oniri) & Sliced
Music by: Master Splinter, Jimmy Jenkins, John Du Prez
Project Coordinator: Matthew Montelione (Donnie)

Soundtrack

01-Purple Dragons - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
02-Honor - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
03-Yoshi's Theme - by John Du Prez
04-Incessant Flow of Words - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
05-Dangerous Love - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
06-Shredder's Suite - by John Du Prez
07-Better Class of Criminal - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
08-Compressed Text Files - by Richie Williams (Master Splinter)
09-Shredder's Suite (reprise) - by John Du Prez
10-Into The Night - by Jimmy Jenkins

Feel free to share.

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/5585/0...covernx.th.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img407/526/00backcover.th.jpg

Download Available

*Download includes .mp4 video file of voice comic as well as the soundtrack used in the video.

-ms

thelouisguy 09-07-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelouisguy (Post 994286)
You guys did an AMAZING job!

I absolutely LOVE the use of the first movie soundtrack. Shredder's Suite is my favorite track from the movie.

This is so well done! Thank you for all the time that you guys put into this!

Scud 09-07-2012 10:01 AM

Still watching, but so far it looks great. Well Done.

Congrats to everyone that was involved!

~S~

zkarlette 09-07-2012 11:34 AM

It's so Awesome! I Think Jester did a great Leonardo voice I think he should take over Biggs gig.

Master Splinter 09-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 994363)
It's so Awesome! I Think Jester did a great Leonardo voice I think he should take over Biggs gig.

He definitely did a great job. As did everyone else. While editing though I realize Leo talks way too much... More fighting less talking...

-ms

Ninjinister 09-07-2012 03:30 PM

Likewise, as I have training in speedreading, I usually just blow through the whole thing in three minutes. Before this I never realized how bloody long the origin portion actually is.

Jester 09-07-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 994469)
Likewise, as I have training in speedreading, I usually just blow through the whole thing in three minutes. Before this I never realized how bloody long the origin portion actually is.

I know. Before I handed the whole thing over to Splinter, I had a rough time trying to deal with the origin, since it's very text heavy and has very few images. Props to Rich for actually making it work.

oldmanwinters 09-07-2012 05:34 PM

You really start to pay attention to the comic book tendency to put odd emphasis on certain words when you try to record the lines.

Jester 09-07-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 994363)
It's so Awesome! I Think Jester did a great Leonardo voice I think he should take over Biggs gig.

I used a tried and true voice acting trick....using your own voice. :D

oldmanwinters 09-07-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 994363)
It's so Awesome! I Think Jester did a great Leonardo voice I think he should take over Biggs gig.

Hehe, we already got one Biggs thread locked this week. We probably should just refrain from using his name for a while and hope this whole stink blows over.

Ninjinister 09-07-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 994521)
You really start to pay attention to the comic book tendency to put odd emphasis on certain words when you try to record the lines.

I chose to disregard some of them. A lot of comics - early ones especially - make no sense. It's like... why would you emphasize this when this part of the sentence is so much stronger?

zkarlette 09-07-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 994580)
Hehe, we already got one Biggs thread locked this week. We probably should just refrain from using his name for a while and hope this whole stink blows over.

Come on Man...you know what I was trying to say..It's not like I was trying to resurrect Imhotep or anything.

By the way Jester your trick works, very nice. You guys did such a great job.:)

oldmanwinters 09-07-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 994587)
Come on Man...you know what I was trying to say..It's not like I was trying to resurrect Imhotep or anything.

My bad, I wasn't trying to offer an actual rebuke. I think I should have used an emoticon or something to illustrate the fact that I was just poking fun at that other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 994585)
I chose to disregard some of them. A lot of comics - early ones especially - make no sense. It's like... why would you emphasize this when this part of the sentence is so much stronger?

I was curious as to why it sounded like a few VAs decided to change some of the words in their readings. I think I actually went completely literal on my parts.

Master Splinter 09-07-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 994595)
I was curious as to why it sounded like a few VAs decided to change some of the words in their readings. I think I actually went completely literal on my parts.

It's because some people read different versions of the comic. On the next one someone needs to type up the script so everyone has the same version.

-ms

oldmanwinters 09-07-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Splinter (Post 994599)
It's because some people read different versions of the comic. On the next one someone needs to type up the script so everyone has the same version.

-ms

Ah, I see.

And, MS, you actually used my least favorite Shredder reading for page 27! I actually like my other two reads better!
http://www.mediafire.com/?kmess02deo4apmo

My Shredder sounded a little too enthusiastic when he stressed the "Me!" :-)

tmnt transformer 09-07-2012 08:14 PM

Awesome Work!!!! Jester as Leo was the best.....My only complaint is Mikey's voice was off.....

Ninjinister 09-07-2012 08:23 PM

Yeah at one point, it was decided that we would be using the PBBZ/Gamestop version of the script, if I remember right, due to the clearer speech bubbles. I had to go and re-record all of my lines :lol: I guess not everyone got that memo, though.

Jester 09-07-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmnt transformer (Post 994605)
Awesome Work!!!! Jester as Leo was the best.....My only complaint is Mikey's voice was off.....

I'm kinda partial to Old Man Shredder, myself.

Master Splinter 09-07-2012 08:28 PM

I like it when Raph says "talking to some flunkies". I crack up every time.
-ms

oldmanwinters 09-07-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 994609)
I'm kinda partial to Old Man Shredder, myself.

Me too! :lol: I loved voicing that murdering scumbag, but I tried to infuse him with subtle, twisted sense of nobility. Mirage really dropped the ball on developing Shredder's personal history. After all, who's to say whether Saki or Yoshi was really the greater offender?

That said, I'm glad Shredder is dead now. Doing his voice was painful on my throat. Now I know why Jim Cummings complained about it!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.