![]() |
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Wait, so Mike's chuks have scythe blades in them and Don's staff is now bladed?
Sounds cool to me.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I approve as well. What's with all these pacifist complaints anyway?
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
facehugger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
|
Does remind me a bit of that 2k3 episode, when they are fighting off some mousers.
Leonardo: Guys! The only way to stop them is to slice their heads off! Michelangelo: Well, aint that great news, for the turtles with the BLADES! I can just imagine Don thinking to himself: Hmm, that gives me an idea! So yeah, all the better to slice up mousers (and pizzas) with...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap! Don't tell us to grow up and out of it I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know... original TMNT art collection |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
|
Quote:
At least that's my take
__________________
![]() Artwork by Jim Lawson |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Very good point, but werent they all 15/16?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
|
Well in the comics the guys aged over time and I personally felt any pacifist tendencies Don had grew with him as he aged.
In the beginning all the guys were all kinda about kicking butt.
__________________
![]() Artwork by Jim Lawson |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
I've always felt that the Turtles should be adept at using weapons other than their preferenced ones (which is why I thought that "trade weapons" part of "What a Croc" was really cool), so to see them using similar-but-different weapons is fine with me. And besides, Mike has already used tonfa and a grappling line regular in previous incarnations. What's one more notch on his belt?
My only fear, as I addressed in another thread, is that if they give the Turtles with bludgeoning weapons bladed weapons, and they only end up fighting human oponents... All they'll ever be able to do is "cut down conveniently placed chandeliers" (the 4Kids series was surpringly lax in letting Mike and Don thwak their foes with their weapons). So I hope they fight a lotta robots and actually get to use the sharp parts of their weapons to do something other than deflect lasers and cut rope. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Quote:
I can see what Reira is saying, how traits grow with age, and there is no doubt the early Turtles were very much about kicking butt. But even in the early series Donatello exhibits many pacifist tendencies. As early as issue #2 he is taking the back seat with fighting in favor of his computer skills (it is only Leo, Mike, and Raph who fight the mousers) and his one-shot shows him to be extremely sensitive. I always liked that Donny didn't have a blade...he used the simplest of weapons while being the most complex Turtle, at least in my opinion. I guess I'm just anal, but I prefer Donny to stick with his plain old bo staff without a blade. However, I will also say I'm looking forward to seeing what Nick has up their sleeves... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
He's also killed a dog, killed people, used guns, threatened suicide, and more.
He may be more mellow than the others but I wouldn't call him a pacifist. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-21-2011 at 02:35 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Lol no doubt Don knows how to cut 'em up like the rest, just wanted to make a case that his weapon, sans blade, reflects his pacifist tendencies. But like I said, I'm looking forward to what Nick has in store!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
|
Does this mean they are going to be fighting a lot of robots?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
|
I think its stupid. In pretty much every adaption, whenever they aren't fighting robots (which is often I'll admit but still), Leo and Raph and always restricted to smacking people with the hilts of their weapons. Because you can't show people getting run through and stabbed up in cartoons. Oh woopdy doo Leo decapitated Shredder in 2k3. Except he really didn't.
Also isn't it easy to hurt yourself with regular nunchucks? What sense does it make to add blades to them? In every continuity Mikey accidentally smacks himself with his chucks at least once. If he does it this time he'll slice his skull open. Adding blades to a bo staff is stupid because, to me, it messes up the brilliant simplicity of the weapon. Pffft. Last edited by Dejablue; 03-22-2011 at 11:55 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
The blades are retractable. Deal with it already.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
|
Ah see I didn't know they were retractable. That makes it a little better. And I am "dealing with it" by stating my opinion like I have the right to. Deal with that.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|