The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
Quote Your First Post.

If you don't know how to find it:
Your profile >> "Statistics" >> "Find all posts..." >> "Last" page all the way at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder
This is my first post so bear with me. Found this site not too long ago, and recently I've found myself coming here more and more often, just to read through all the threads. So eventually I figured I might as well make an account myself. Funny thing is, I've known about the Turtles pretty much my whole life, but I never really gave them more than a passing glance - until the beginning of this year, when I started watching the Nick cartoon. That must've been my gateway drug because now I'm hooked. By now I've seen every episode of that series, own all the DVDs, and now I'm working on watching the older incarnations (2003 is my favorite style-wise, but 2012 has better character development; 1987 isn't really for me).

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long; I guess there's just something about those guys that lures you in and keeps you forever. I gave it one chance and now I'm a fan for life. Cowabunga (Booyakasha? ). Oh, and Raph's my favorite.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Doesn't work if you've been around as long as I have.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Doesn't work if you've been around as long as I have.
Sh*t...didn't realize that. Kind of a pointless thread then, isn't it? My fault.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Nah, there's plenty of people who can still have their fun. Don't sh*tcan it on my account.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I also can't see my first one, but this is as far as I can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I wouldn't have minded if it was the Harley in your gif. Fan servicey and overwritten Harley is the sucky one.
I would have thought I could go further back than August of last year, but there you go.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Aw, mine isn't there...

"Showing results 476 to 500 of 500" and my total posts have hit the 3k mark.

I'm almost ashamed to say that the oldest one it goes back to is from 12-21-2014. Damn I talk too much on forums.


I do vaguely recall my first post being in the introductions section, but I only replied to someone else's intro thread since I was too shy to make my own. (I've made a total of 10 threads since joining. lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Since I first came here back in 2004, I'm pretty sure my first post had something to do with the 2k3 TMNT cartoon. In fact the reason I registered to the forums was to discuss the "new" cartoon with other TMNT fans.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I joined when the UnderManhattan forums shut down and HorseTechie invited me here, so I *think* that was basically the gist of it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #9
Creativemind
Foot Soldier
 
Creativemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Aw, mine isn't there...

"Showing results 476 to 500 of 500" and my total posts have hit the 3k mark.

I'm almost ashamed to say that the oldest one it goes back to is from 12-21-2014. Damn I talk too much on forums.


I do vaguely recall my first post being in the introductions section, but I only replied to someone else's intro thread since I was too shy to make my own. (I've made a total of 10 threads since joining. lol)
Man, you have been busy. It's been less than a year and you have more posts than some who have been here for ten years. LOL
__________________
http://aws85.deviantart.com
Creativemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #10
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Can't find my first post as it only goes back to 2013. But I can still see every thread I've ever started. My first thread started in 2003 was a WTB thread. I'll spare you the details. Interesting, in 12 years here I've only started 38 threads.

Last edited by MrPliggins; 02-02-2015 at 08:27 PM.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,183
From my first thread when I introduced myself. Ugh, I was such a derp.

Quote:
Hello everybody.

I'm new here of course. Glad I could make it. I almost didn't. "Why", you ask? Because computers are evil sometimes!

But I finally made it and I want to be part of this family. I read a lotta posts and had a lotta laughs, and now I have the opportunity to be part of that cause.

I am a BIG Turtle Fan. I beat all their games, seen all their movies and cartoons, and know all their tour songs (save for Shredder's and April's).

I even already know all the lines from the first episode of the new cartoon.

Well, I'll stop for now. Sorry bout that

Thanks for inviting me!

Cya later!
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Surprisingly, it wasn't too hard to find my first post, in spite of the fact that I've gone WAAY beyond the limit on the post it keeps track of. Fortunately, I've only started about a dozen threads myself, and my first post was in the introductions, soooo....

Here it is!

"Mikey-freak arriving....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm a new-poster/long-time fan (since 1990, baby!!) and would like to introduce myself. As you can see from my poster-name, I'm also a HUGE fan of Marvel comics (Avengers, Spidey, Deadpool, X-Men, etc...) and yes, I'm a chick. I'm currently mid-thirties, married, (with two cats), and love the TMNT, music, writing, comics in general, and yes, pizza! I've also been active on several other forums, notable having served as a Mod on the Marvel forums several years ago, until the Spider-Man OMD/BND debacle turned me away from it to an extent. Hopefully, that sort of thing will never happen to my beloved Turtles.

Let's see.... My favorite Turtle is Mikey, for his fun-loving nature, generous and compassionate heart, witty humor(Nick version notwithstanding) and amazing talents. I love how he is the most creative and naturally gifted one, and the fact that he is so much smarter than anyone gives him credit for (again, Nick version excepted). My favorite villain is OT Krang(love his sarcastic wit) and the hilarious pairing of Rocksteady and Bebop. I am also a fan of Shredder- somewhere between his whiney OT version, and the more menacing 2K3/movie #1 versions. I also like the idea of Karai, though i was disappointed that she never really went anywhere after the Shredder's exile onto the ice-prison. (reminds me of "Star Trek: Undiscovered Country" when Kirk and Bones were tossed onto that Klingon prison planet) I did think it was nice that she sort of turned over a new leaf in the finale season."


And there it is!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 PM   #13
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
From my first thread when I introduced myself. Ugh, I was such a derp.
Hahaha! We were all kids, man! If you can't look back at things you said 10 years ago and feel dumb you've f*cked up!

I had to dig to find mine, also the first thread I ever created, way back in Dec 01! Changed my name to the OG to make it even more clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealangelo View Post
I'm new here! Just wanted to say hi!
F*cking brimming with enthusiasm that little sh*t.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
Man, you have been busy. It's been less than a year and you have more posts than some who have been here for ten years. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
Jeez, I never realized how recent it was that you joined...and already with posts exceeding 3,000. That's kinda crazy.
Yes, issues... and look, now you guys are encouraging an addict.

Kind of the quiet sort in IRL, so written communication sort of ends up making up for it. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #15
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Eh... you and me both, Indigo.

I'd been avoiding piping up in here because it'd make it blatantly obvious how much I haunt this place. If I go back 500 posts, it's only about 6 weeks ago. My first ever post was something bumbling and stupid-sounding (so, not so different from most of my posts, really ) in the Introductions section.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #16
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
As far as I can go back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Superman III honestly isn't that bad.

I think that Batman Returns isn't very good

I also think that The Dark Knight is vastly overrated.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:27 AM   #17
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
I had to go in the archives! My first post was a bit of a fanfic thing from the 4kids turtles forum. Before that I had lurked. Then I immediately went to introduce myself and lied about my age cause I thought people here were way older than they actually are. Anyway:

Quote:
For my introductory thoughts here, I thought I’d play Master Splinter:

Tonight I meditate on my sons and the world they are becoming more and more a part of. They have come home after another encounter with Oroko Saki’s factions and though they have all returned to me, they show the signs of a hard fought battle. I have seen the increase in frequency of these battles and in the danger my sons face. It is enough to make a Father’s heart ache with worry.

All of my sons are brave fighters. They all have their own unique fighting style, and all have areas that could be improved on.

Leonardo is very dedicated to ninjitsu. He spends many hours training to perfect his technique. Over the years he has become very graceful, very thoughtful in style. He fights well when things go as he expects, but when the fight takes an unexpected turn, he may take time to adjust and adapt…time that could be deadly in the wrong situation. He strives so hard to please me and to do what is right, this often weighs heavy on him. I think sometimes he has been forced to grow up too soon. He is very protective of his brothers and I can see the tension this sometimes causes when they act in ways that he finds childish or immature. I try to impress on him that they are still young, as is he. He does not understand why his brothers do not seem as focused as he is. I have told him on more than one occasion that one who bares the weight of the world accomplishes nothing but to be crushed by the world’s weight.

Michelangelo, on the other hand, is very naturally talented and very naturally adaptive. His technique is to wear his opponent down by quickly dodging their attacks. He uses this time to discover his opponent’s weakness then develops an effective attack. I believe Michelangelo would be my best student if it were not for his lack of concentration. He is easily distracted and I fear that in a battle situation, where there are many things to be distracted by, he will one day be very badly hurt. However, I must say it is amusing to see him sparring in practice with his brothers, constantly testing their patience with his antics. My deepest concern with Michelangelo is that he treats battle as if it were a game. I have seen him spend many hours playing the video games and often think that he may not understand that the fights they are in are life or death…there are no “extra lives.”

Though Donatello is a skilled fighter, he would rather not fight. I have always known this. He practices when I tell him, and fights alongside his brothers when need be, but this is not the life he would choose. As he has gotten older, unlike his brothers, he has been satisfied to perfect his existing technique. He has come to rely on his engineering skills rather than his fighting skills in battle. I often try and impress on him the need for simplicity as he describes a new machine he has envisioned. I would admit, the things he thinks of astound me but they have little to do with martial arts. However, there have been more times lately when these skills have proven essential to the fight. Donatello works very well with Michelangelo. It seems that they compensate for what the other lacks.

Raphael is unique among his brothers. He is the most independent, yet he is the one most in need of guidance. He is a fearless fighter and does not hesitate to invite a battle. I have seen him face seemingly impossible odds only to come out victorious. But I have also seen him so clouded by his own emotion that he defeats himself. In a battle situation, he often leaps before he looks, to my dismay. His independence is a cause of great tension between him and Leonardo. They have such different philosophies in life and both are stubborn in their opinions. I fear that one day Raphael’s emotion will overcome him, causing harm that is irreparable…either psychologically as a rift between himself and his brothers, or physically if he pushes himself too far in an attempt to win the battle. I can only hope that with maturity will come balance for Raphael.

As I think about my sons, I have a hard time seeing them as the adults they are becoming and not the children they once were. I only hope that I have instilled a good foundation for them all so that when I am gone they will be an honorable legacy for me. I think this is what any parent would want for their sons.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #18
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper
[virtual reality system failure.]

Now that I have your attention.

I'm Netkeeper, but I go by many names [so if you think you recognise me, you probably do]. Self-proclaimed artist, writer, and legally-recognised 2k3 Donatello roleplayer that will kick your shell. I view the 2k3 series as superior to all the others, but I find most TMNT continuities enjoyable. [Keyword: most. Not looking forward to the movie this year.] I also really like shipping. Gets your package from point A to point B.

I don't take myself very seriously. I would advise you do the same.
Love how so many people never paid attention to the last line of that post during my time here; I included it for a reason.

What I find even more interesting is my old avatar. I don't have it any more, but it was a cropped version of this picture, which I later updated to a new version... and my old signature is even trippier, as I'm no longer used to Hackmon facing the opposite direction! I need to draw a new avatar so badly, haha!
__________________

Last edited by Netkeeper; 02-04-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.