The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #2221
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 938
I hope they make the best of it.
__________________

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #2222
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I don't know what that is. Is it an anime thing.
Like TurtleTitan97 said, it's Ryuk from Death Note.

The basic premise that the death god Ryuk gets bored one day and decides to give a teenager named Light Yagami a book that can kill people if you write their name into it. Light decides to use it to kill off criminals in hopes of making a better world in which he is god.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #2223
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Like TurtleTitan97 said, it's Ryuk from Death Note.

The basic premise that the death god Ryuk gets bored one day and decides to give a teenager named Light Yagami a book that can kill people if you write their name into it. Light decides to use it to kill off criminals in hopes of making a better world in which he is god.
Oh right, thanks.

So there could be a character death (permanent or temporary) happening in the 2nd half of season 4 or season 5, as she will be in season 5 too.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #2224
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 938
If you're right, I wonder who the soon to be deceased is.
I can't see anyone dying right now. Splinter? no, for obvious reasons, Shredder? no, Karai? no, The mob boss? Maybe in city at war.
__________________

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #2225
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Shinigami means death god in Japanese. So that means the Turtles are facing another supernatural entity.

And I thought Yeo is voicing someone from Karai's childhood.
just thought of something: was it ever mentioned if Tang Shen had any family? Parents, siblings? Maybe a sister? "From Karai's childhood" might not automatically mean a friend (since I don't think Shredder organized many play dates). Like before Tang Shen died, Karai was visited by an aunt who assumed Karai died along with her sister?

Just a thought. Probably wrong.
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #2226
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I don't recall having ever seen anything that suggested her role would be tied to Karai's childhood. Source?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #2227
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
just thought of something: was it ever mentioned if Tang Shen had any family? Parents, siblings? Maybe a sister? "From Karai's childhood" might not automatically mean a friend (since I don't think Shredder organized many play dates). Like before Tang Shen died, Karai was visited by an aunt who assumed Karai died along with her sister?

Just a thought. Probably wrong.
Tang Shen only mentioned that she was originally from Fuijioka and that her grandfather was of Chinese decent.

The only thing mentioned so far about Gwendolyn Yeo's character is that she walks the line between good and evil. So this would indicate she is neutral or at the very least amoral.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #2228
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Death & death-like characters often do have that sort of morally grey middle ground angle, given death is a naturally occurring event, so that would make perfect sense. I look forward to seeing what they're like! Could open up some very cool plots, I guess she'll be the gateway into season 5's mystical stuff.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #2229
KrN
Thug
 
KrN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't recall having ever seen anything that suggested her role would be tied to Karai's childhood. Source?
A majority of Gwendoline's voice recording sessions have been with Kelly Hu, so no real source at all - just people assuming again. Although, I would like if someone from Karai's childhood would make an appearance.
__________________
KrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #2230
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd love to see the human Foot return in general. Hopefully that's what this arc is about.
If the turtles temporary can destroy the factory that produces Foot robots the human Foot soldier robots may return at least for a while.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #2231
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
I don't know if it means he is going to be in the cartoon but Greg Cipes visited playmates and there is a new Samurai Turtles line featuring Usagi Yojimbo

__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #2232
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I don't know if it means he is going to be in the cartoon but Greg Cipes visited playmates and there is a new Samurai Turtles line featuring Usagi Yojimbo

http://i.imgur.com/5BIl23k.jpg
.....is this a spinoff or web series or...what?
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #2233
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
.....is this a spinoff or web series or...what?
it looks like just a toyline for now
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #2234
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
If Playmates has the rights to make Usagi figures again its a sure sign Nick worked out a deal. I think he will be appearing in the cartoon now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #2235
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
.....is this a spinoff or web series or...what?
Judging by the background, it looks like action figures.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #2236
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Oh, wow... there IS a God!

Really really can't wait for this. I was honestly kinda losing interest in the show, mainly with the long break and all. Faith renewed though!

Sincerely hope this fast tracks an IDW crossover as well, life will basically be complete then. Not that IDW TMNT and the Nicktoon weren't great already, but this kind of fully legitamizes them in my mind.

*runs away to watch the Battle Nexus 4 parter and read Shades of Green*
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #2237
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I actually wonder if Season 5 will have Usagi travel with the Turtles for 13 episodes similar to the way Fugitoid did for the 13 episode space arc.

I wonder how far ahead of time they got the rights to use Usagi. If they made this deal before they started work on Season 5 he might be in it from the start.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #2238
TMNTInsighter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I actually wonder if Season 5 will have Usagi travel with the Turtles for 13 episodes similar to the way Fugitoid did for the 13 episode space arc.

I wonder how far ahead of time they got the rights to use Usagi. If they made this deal before they started work on Season 5 he might be in it from the start.
Some people have also suggested that he's the rival who sliced off Tiger Claw's tail. Only they couldn't bring him in the series earlier because of some unilateral corporate thing that didn't work...I'm not good at this business stuff.
However, IF his connection with TC proves to be the case, and what you mentioned about Usagi joining the team (I'd prefer to leave the time travel thing out though) is right CC, then I'm all for it!
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #2239
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Remember how they added 6 episodes to season 4 part ways into production? My current theory is that those 6 new episodes are gonna be "Tales of the Turtles".

Obviously there's only 5 thingys there, but I'm just assuming one of then was either not that toy-friendly, or too spoilery (although Usagi is a MASSIVE spoiler).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #2240
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
Some people have also suggested that he's the rival who sliced off Tiger Claw's tail. Only they couldn't bring him in the series earlier because of some unilateral corporate thing that didn't work...I'm not good at this business stuff.
However, IF his connection with TC proves to be the case, and what you mentioned about Usagi joining the team (I'd prefer to leave the time travel thing out though) is right CC, then I'm all for it!
If that's the case, would that mean Tiger Claw isn't a mutant at all but rather just from Usagi's world?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.