![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
|
Why is this show so despised?
So, we're all TMNT fans in here. Obviously since this is a huge hub of fans and collectors alike. We are in this for our love of turtles and so, having followed the new Nick toon from it's inception all the way to the lastest episode, safe to say, I am a fan. A huge fan. And reading this board, I am far from alone. I've actually never seen a TMNT incarnation gather this much love right off the bat. It's darned awesome.
But...what about outside of the fandom. I decided to go around and scour the web in search of posts about the new Nick series to see what was up as far as opinion go. And I have found my answer. Now before I tell you about my findings, consider this: I was a huge fan of the turtles from way back when. I am a grown man nearing my thirties and turtles have been with me for years. And I LOVE this show. I am not kidding, this is actually the best damn Turtles related show I have ever watched. Everything from the voices, to the direction is pitch perfect and I love it to bits. So here it is folks: This show is hated. Not disliked. Hated. To pieces. From comments on TV blogs, all the way to comments on gaming websites like IGN to Gamespot, this show is literally reviled. People are calling it, the single worst thing to happen to TMNT and an insult to the brand. The CG is criticized and the show is considered "childish". Keep it mind, these are not my words and I am outraged at this imbecility but it is what it is. Some TV shows simply can't gather love and trust me, Nick's TMNT is one of them shows. I have barely seen anything positive. It's all hatred and pure dislike. And I have to wonder. Why? For this old fan, this is as good as Turtles can get. Is this just refusal to watch and hasty judgments? I am truly confused here, and I am starting to wonder whether we are alone in our liking of this new series. Actual reviews of the show are glowing, but the comments in the actual reviews tear it to pieces. I am literally saddened. Is this just dumb teens who grew up, on TMNT03, who are now in a rebellious phase where "cartoons' are terrible and idiotic? I am desperate for an answer to this. This show is simply incredible and the dislike is so overwhelming, I feel like slapping some of these morons. EDIT: So I actually forgot to actually paste some of the postings. Here' an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8EOD9buLc, this is the trailer of TMNT2012 as hosted by IGN.com, a big videogame website that doubles as a media hub. The comments are not old and from before airing but actually from a week or so ago. OMG! My eyes!! The CGI is horrible!! Can't these guys just animate old school again!? Lazy assholes! Not to be mean but this looks really stupid. Nothing beats the 80's version, but at least the 2003 version was worth a look at it.... this just looks.... and sounds.... never mind. Whoever wants to watch this... watch it. They look blocky, horrible voice acting. Nothing beats the 2003 version. Oh this.. looks terrible.. garbage animation & character voices vs the original. This show looks like **** man... Sorry they are really doing it wrong, you'd have to be a ****stick not to see that... The 90's series just got raped >.< This 2012 version sucks. I have no problem with CGI, it's terrible CGI like this that I have issues with. It's 2012, there's no excuse for this kind of low-quality... Just Epic... Epic Fail. It's a joke compare to 1987 & 2003 And I don't want to read too much cause this just bums me the hell out, but it's pages and pages of comments like these. And not just contained to Youtube. I was looking up reviews of the Lego sets, because I was thinking about getting them, and I just saw pages of comments about how the new sets sucked because they were based off the new "garbage" and not "real" TMNT. And it just goes on. What the hell is going on. How can a series this amazing be this hated?
__________________
"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father. If only I could be so grossly incandescent" Last edited by Forneus; 02-10-2013 at 06:33 PM. |
|
|
|
| Tags |
| nick |
|
|