![]() |
|
|
#16 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
It's hard to compare season 1 to the to the others seasons since the show had a change in writers.
Season 1 was the honey moon phrase. Many of us were guarded and worry on whatever this show would be any good but once we saw how they got the core characters right, we were unanimously in love with the show but if there was any criticism to be had when looking back, I would say that most of episodes were basic in comparison to the current ones. Season 2 has some good stand episodes but as far I remember there wasn't much a long narrative or direction in story arc. The find all mutagen canister plot line was forgotten after a certain point and even few of other lesser episodes were basic mutant of week. Even The season finale itself felt like a repeat of season 1 finale. The beginning of Season 3...The less said the better. The worse decision they ever made was not making North Hamptom a place of dealing with the aftermath and build up for the next arc. I could try to understand that they wanted and maybe even thought that the season 2 finale had zero un finish business in New York but it's never over when heroes lost . I think had I not seen the season 2 finale and "In the woods" episode, a huge part of me would have enjoy these episodes in the spirit of Halloween but because these episodes were prefer over doing much need character development, it just left a bad taste in my mouth and told me what kind people were really in charge of TMNT. Anyhow, I think the show has gotten better and maybe even better then season 1. It's like season 1 was the cute kid phase and 2 was the beginning of its awkward puberty at where it wasn't sure who it was or unsure of what it wanted to be and the beginning of season 3 was the worst of it with zits, bodily functions going haywire, and those goddamn mood swings. Like it was in the midst of its rebellious phase in the most obnoxious way it could possibly be; however, when it got that out of its system, it started to mature a little bit. It still goof off every now and again like a little kid but it had started taking it duties (story continuity) seriously. I am looking forward seeing it grow now but I really hope that the midlife crisis in the future will last only three episodes.
__________________
Quote:
Last edited by Luckyday; 05-12-2015 at 06:13 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|