The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Does anyone hide their love for TMNT?

I was just reading some other fans on another site who were all stating that they hide their fandom from their friends and family members. I get a feeling that many of the fans were in their teens and definitely did not want any of their fellow schoolmates finding out.

One person said he had been hiding his obsession for 8 years! He was only found out when his brother snooped and found his stash of artwork.

I don't get why TMNT out of all things gets the most ridicule. I had to hide my love for the Turtles when I was a kid and it took a long time before I told my husband I was obsessed with them. He accepted my love for them, but still thinks it's weird of me.

Now I just don't care. I let people tease and make fun of me for watching a "kids show". Those who are not fans just don't get it. It's hard to explain it to them. My mother, who looks for specific turtle items for me, asked me one day why I liked them so much. She just didn't understand.

I'm just curious as to how many people on here hide it from friends and family members, or did hide it and now no longer do.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.