![]() |
|
|
#1 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Brian Tee talks the Shredder
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...11-column.html
Quote:
While Tohoru Masamune's role was minimal and obviously his personal wishes for where he wanted the character to go don't mean anything when he is on the lowest end of a very long totem pole I always appreciated that there was at least one person involved in the movie who seemed to do some legit research into the franchise and knew enough to give interviews about it without sounding like he was bluffing his way through a subject he knew little or nothing about. I can't help but roll my eyes at the idea that we've apparently never got to know Shredder behind the mask. Even if your only frame of reference was the Fred Wolf show there was still enough presented of Saki behind the mask (both literally and figuratively) to be noticeable. Heck the Yoshi/Saki rivalry was a fairly big deal when the show was at it's peak of popularity. While this new Shredder maybe more "badass" it doesn't seem we're getting any of his backstory. I've said this before; I can see they are trying to please us but I don't think they understand what fans are upset about to properly do that. With the last movie they caved and gave us an Asian Shredder which was probably Oroku Saki (great) but didn't include any of reasons why we wanted Saki in the first place. It's the same deal with the character being more grounded in reality which I take to mean there will be no mech suit. On the one hand I think it's something of a step in the right direction which is where it should have began but in principal there was nothing wrong with Shredder having mech armor in fact it's been used a fair bit in the franchise prior it was just the execution with retractable flying blades all over was too over the top and perhaps worked his way up to it. As far as I can see they are hearing fans but not really listening. Tee may look like a better Shredder on paper but he doesn't sound it. Not unless Tee starts saying some very different things in subsequent interviews. |
|
|
|
|
|
|