![]() |
|
|
#11 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Todays grind was a combination of things that all came together to cause a near-meltdown. First, the eternal female cusre arrived yesterday evening with a vengence. That was bad enough but then our upstairs neighbor (the one with the dog that constantly barks- or did until recently when it got loose while outside and was hit by a car. I was not overly sad to hear it) decided to start moving furniture and vacuming and HAMMERING ON THE WALLS from 9:30 until almost 1AM!! Was not happy with this, as it meant we got no sleep.
THEN I got to work and a couple hours in after one of my other long-time coworkers came in, I got moved to the front drive to help with drinks etc and take orders there. One of our new people (shes been there a couple of months) started getting snippy when I began restocking the drink lids. Basically bumping me away and said "I got this." in a very sharp tone. I tried to just blow it off, and told her I was doing my job as epediter, but she kept brushing me aside and going "I got this" like she didnt want me there. I got peeved and finally told her that if she wanted to do it so bad she could do it all herself and Id just make the coffee drinks. Thought that would be the end of it but no. She started muttering under her breath and then later she spilled a drink and when I went to get the mop to clean it up she went full-on b**ch mode when I accidently brushed against her with it while mopping around her. So I went off on her for getting hostile over it, and finally told the MIC I could not work with her being rude and snappy when I was just trying to do what Im supposed to. I nearly went nuclear on her and she started talking smack and saying she'd "whoop my ass" (she's black- not that that matters but she has that "ghetto tough" attitude, in a small rural town where the gangstas are all wannabes.) So I shot back that if she kept copping an attitude I'd knock her block off. Because if there is one thing I hate, it's people trying to act like king sh*t and think they can push me around because they are bigger and "badder". I ended up switching with my other coworker back to back drive for the rest of the day to keep from beating the living daylights out of the b**th queen of the backwoods ghetto. Even the store manager (who was there qnd saw the first part of the fuss) agreed it was best if I went to the back, after I told them both I was not working next to that ..... Long story short, the rest of the day was better except for continual discomfort and mild pain from "the curse" making itself known. Maybe it was just irritability from that, but she really hit my buttons today and that was all it took. Rarely ever happens but today was one of those days.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|