The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Question Help ID this April Custom

A few months ago, I bought a cool Fred Wolf style April O'Neil custom off ebay (for a steal of a price so far as those things tend to go). Unfortunately, the seller wasn't the original artist and didn't know much about the figure or its history. The ebay auction described it as a Marvel Legends customization, but I couldn't get any more details beyond that. She even came with a video camera!

I'd love to identify the customizer, so I could give them high praises for making this. So far as custom Aprils go, it's not in the league with "better than official" creations like Hugo Dourado and TRCreations (who has made three versions!), but it's probably my third favorite unofficial April.

I really like, and it has good articulation which allows April to make various crouching poses like she's staking out a news scoop in a dangerous venue. The paint is a little spotty in some places, especially around the hands.

My Kindle doesn't take the greatest photos, and it's always a challenge to find the right light, but here's some of my better shots:






With the NECA street diorama... pardon the grainy images... maybe pretend its security camera footage?










__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 07-18-2019 at 11:19 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
april o'neil, custom, fan customs


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.