The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
The Heath Ledger argument is also really moot because not everyone is Heath Ledger, as both Jesse Eisenberg and Jared Leto have proven.
Jesse Eisenberg, at least, has taken on a variety of roles. I think he could have played a great Lex Luthor, if he wasn't playing him as his stereotypical autistic spastic nerdy self. But then again, I was NEVER in favor of Eisenberg. A bad choice, and one that I think 99% of us acknowledge now.

As for Jared Leto, was it really Leto's fault for being terrible or Ayer's fault for writing him that way? With the "Damaged" tattoo and crap like that? Leto was weird as balls off screen, but that's not relevant to whether or not he played a good Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
We already had the perfect Batman and the internet didn't appreciate it and now suddenly people want to act like Pattinson was chosen by the gods because they saw a couple of his films that weren't Twilight.
Affleck was a great Batman in a terribly written movie. Trying to straight up murder Superman was a terrible choice. As far as Pattison, I don't WANT him. I wanted Karl Urban, but I wasn't gonna get him. I DO, however, think Pattison could be great.

And as for Zoe Kravitz and Jeffrey Wright, and the racebending... I'm not in favor of this, but I don't think the blame can be solely laid at Matt Reeves' feet. The (unfortunately) highly successful Lego movie already portrayed those two characters as black, and there was a black Catwoman way back in the Adam West show, and this makes it an easy way for Reeves to further distance this film from previous entries.

Do I like it? No, not really. I want my characters to look like they did in the comics. But I'm not going to boycott the film because some secondary characters don't look like I want. If that's what you want to do, you do you. Hopefully you'll miss out on a great movie.

... But given the overall direction of Warner Brothers' DC adaptations on screens big and small, well... I'm probably being far too optimistic about this.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.