The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
MC
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 94
Were you confused by HERO Turtles as a child?

Many of us in the UK, Ireland and Germany grew up with the original cartoon edited to Hero Turtles in the 80s and 90s. We know now thanks to the Internet why we got the censored version, but back then there was no way to know.

I'm curious, was there anything about the "Hero" edit that seemed a bit... Off? Did you know back then you were getting an edited version?

Back then you couldn't just look this stuff up online like you can now, but there was something about it that seemed strange.

The movie was still released here as Ninja Turtles, and I always thought it was really odd that the cartoon and movie had different names. I also noticed the clunky way the characters would refer to "Teenage Mutant Turtles" (cutting out the word Ninja), that seemed so unnatural, and the odd clips of "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles" spliced into the intro (which I now know was to cover Mike's nunchucks). I also noticed that Michelangelo didn't have his nunchucks in a lot of the merch, but oddly enough I never noticed that his weapon had been replaced with a grappling hook as a kid.

Even more confusing was when Irish television showed a couple of unedited seasons, and we got the proper (second) intro. Didn't understand why the cartoon changed its name!

So just curious, anyone who lived through this era also, did anything ever stick out as odd to you?
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.