The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2026, 10:17 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
Do you miss your young adult years?

Do you miss being 18-29?

Well, I don't miss being 18-22 per se, because, looking back, I feel a bit of a second hand embarrassment. I thought I knew everything, despite being clueless. Plus, it's strange to walk past groups of university students nowadays and realising how loud, annoying and immature they are when they're drinking, chanting songs, etc.

25-29, though? I kinda wish I had been immortalized within that age bracket or something. Although being in my 30s hasn't been bad at all ever since the pandemic was over. I turned 30 in 2020 by the way, during lockdown. And I was depressed from late 2019 to summer/autumn 2025. But I was already starting to feel better around mid-late 2023.

So... there is a sense of nostalgia for those times (18-22) to some degree in my case. But definitely not as strong as the sense of nostalgia I have for my childhood and early teens, no.

The main thing I miss was having a lot of time left to figure things out still, and how the world was still so new to me. That first feel of freedom you got once you turned 18 was precious. Being able to go into places where only adults were legally allowed, being able to vote, being able to travel abroad on your own, being able to drink coffee or beer in front of older relatives and them no longer having the authority to order you not to do it anymore, etc.

I also regret missing out on a lot of opportunities to grow and experience stuff. But I guess that's just part of life. You make mistakes and then learn from them.

How about you?
__________________
Check my gaming and anime youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/@KaiserBunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
only old people here, wasted my life


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.