The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
Zelda
Hench Mutant
 
Zelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 364
Favorite character and why?

Non-turtles count...

Does your favorite change depending on mood, as you've grown? Does it change for different incarnations of the TMNT?

My favorite started out as Raph--old series. He was silly in an edgy way ('or else I'm gonna get...::raises sai::....sarcastic on you...') but he could still fight quite awesomely. Then with the movies he was more angsty which I just looked at as development and him needing cuddles XD
And he was still amusing sometimes--though I never liked in TMNT3 where he destroys the boom box just so he can complain dramatically, he could've done something less..damaging to get the guy's attention.

I always had kind of a soft spot for Mikey, especially with the movies but I suppressed it ;_; because my brother liked him and I obviously couldn't have the same favorite turtle as him So I stuck with Raph.

Then I saw the new show and thought 'wooooow Raph is being a jerk....but Mikey's pretty funny' and rewatched the movies and thought 'wooow Raph is angsty....but Mikey's pretty awesome.' I tried to deny it some more but Mikey took over in a big way (WHERE DO I GET THAT PLUSH?!? Its only 6 inches big but he's smiling and I am in neeedddd ;____; ).
He's just so amusing and I've gotten so sick of the angstNdrama of real life x.x It's refreshing for someone to be like...yeah shiate happens, do what you can, and ENJOY THE REST OF THE TIME! He's also so sweet--he jokes around about being selfish etc (this room--mine. this room--also mine!) but when it comes down to it he's supporting the rest of the guys and not just taking care of his own. He's also soo ADD and I always end up with ADD people ;p

Though when I went back to the original series dvd, Raph is still my favorite there Mikey seems to have jokes that just aren't as funny to me.. and it's more like "pizza! party! pizza! party! dude! yeah!" whereas in the new series his jokes have more background and depth, maybe just more detail.

And I like April in the old series and movies She doesn't fight with the guys, but she offers them her apartment and doesn't shy away from anything else. It always bothered me that she faints because she's a news reporter she's had to have seen weird/gross stuff before and in general she's not a wimpy person. She's also really determined about getting what she wants when she wants it and knows how to use things to her advantage ('you know...she has her own office.... well she has her own corner office...she's also one of the highest paid field reporters in nyc...' ). With the new series April the fainting makes more sense but I don't like her character as much. It seems too obvious that she likes Casey and she seems a lot younger and generally more girly than strong woman with a personality-ish--though the working with Baxter was really cool.[/b]
__________________
~Zelda~

Author of Judgment: Volume I
http://www.myspace.com/zellieberraine
Inspired by what I love best about TMNT: character dynamics, superheroes that aren't of the Superman variety, genetics, etc
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.