The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
I have a theory...

I posted my theory yesterday on the Superherohype board, and decided to put it here too.

It's obvious to me (judging from the teaser) that "Scion of the Shredder" will parallel "Bad Day". However; I have a differnt theory on what may happen (in addition to the "Bad Day" connection):

Spoiler:
I think Splinter will die. Either in "Scion of the Shredder" or in an ep later on in the season. I've suspected this since the first episode of season 4.

In the opening narration of "Cousin Sid" (ep 1 of this season), Splinter makes a comment about his concerns for his sons. He says something along the lines of "I won't always be there for them" (I don't remember quite what he said, so bear with me)...pretty much something that implied he's been thinking about dying and what would happen to them.

We've been thrown the idea of him dying on more than one occasion on this show, twice in the previous season! Last year's "Darkness Within" gave us two on-screen deaths for our beloved rat. In "Exodus", he nearly died as a result of being electrocuted while saving Mikey (he also nearly died saving Mikey in "Return to New York" back in season 1).

Then there's the "Prodigal Son" factor. In SAINW's timeline, one of Splinter's four sons had been missing. Judging from the previews for "Scion", Leo's not around for Karai's attack.

The lair in "SAINW" looked trashed, like an attack from the enemy had occured. Obviously the lair will suffer a little in "Scion" judging from what we saw in the teaser.

Also, there's Splinter's health to be taken into consideration. He's old, he's made comments about being old (Cousin Sid). In "Bad Day" he appeared to have a heart attack. Now that may have been due to the Mystic Ninja screwing with their heads (which is what I originally thought), but the more I think about it...the more I think it was the real deal (why would the mystics cause him to have a heart attack anyway?)

Do I also need to mention the fact that Splinter has died in the comics?




I know I was jumpy, but I'm pretty sure I've made my opinion clear.

What do you all think?
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.