The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
Kingpin
Thug
 
Kingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 74
That's three movies I'm looking forward to in 2007, Spider-Man 3, TMNT and Transformers.

Speaking off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
Dear Michael Bay,

THIS is how you make a teaser.

Love,
DrSpengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSplinter
C'mon, the TF teaser was a good teaser. It teased! They're gonna keep the robots hidden for as long as possible me thinks.
Aw c'mon Spengs, it's like MasterSplinter said... it's meant to tease... he's also gone on record saying he doesn't want anything leaking before the movie... with Turtles there's a specific theme that's always consistant in every vision of the franchise... these Transformers are something new and unique...


Anyway, I'm psyched. The tone is perfectly gritty and moody, something that is so very strong in the first movie and works with the Turtles using shadow for cover with their Ninja training.

The animation is nice and fluid, and they feel like they're got 'mad ninja skilz' (Pardon the l33t) But they can obviously do stuff that the stuntmen (As impressive as they were) couldn't do in the foam suits.

The revised head design looks really good in comparison to the older teaser posters, and even the logo looks good (The one on the old posters was great, but it was taken straight from the cartoon)

My only minor gripe is that the NYPD squadcar (Despite having the official logo, it seems) looks more LAPD... but that's a minor visual thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS
I am very curious as to what this new score will be like. You can see some of Marco Beltrami's work at his site, including his soundtrack-filled discography and loads of samples (requires Flash 8 ). I remember music figuring very prominently in Hellboy, but I can't say that I remember it as being distinctive to that movie... the way Batman music is distinctively Batman, for example. I want the TMNT to have their own recognizable leitmotifs too. But if they don't... meh. I've got my own for them anyway.
There are also mp3 previews on the site.

My personal favourite posters:





Gotta love the bit of lighthearted tone they're taking with Mikey.
__________________
"We have the tools, we have the talent"
Kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.