Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish
mik8la, I won't crucify you for agreeing with the critics. 
|
Whew, thanks.

I'm not overly fond of the movie trilogy--blasphemy, I know--but I can appreciate them as earnest interpretations of a franchise I adore. If an interpretation has its shortcomings in explaining the franchise's appeal to the masses, then I'm not gonna pull any punches in pointing them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish
TMNT is really complex, and has shown up in tons of different manners, directed at kids and at adults. Some of it has been dark and ninja-clan themed, and some has been about aliens and monsters. And the characters always have varying levels of development and depth and closeness. It will be quite a difficult job to incorporate all the elements, and advertise as such. I'm just hoping that all the characters will interact, and not just Leo-Raph-Splinter and Don-Mike.
|
Couldn't have said it better. It
is very difficult, and the fact that the new film appears to by trying nonetheless to mesh all of that is encouraging. I will be more than a bit annoyed, too, if all of Leo's character development involved yelling at Raph, or if Mikey did nothing but joke and screw up everything he attempted.
And, also...I have Yahoo! as my home page, and "TMNT" showed up as the second most-watched trailer. The guy who writes the movie previews knows about the original comics (even says that he wishes that there'd be a movie that was a direct adaptation of the original 4 issues.)