![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
|
I'm A Ninja Turtles Fan, and I'm Not Afraid to Show It!
One of Azure's posts in another topic inspired me to start this topic. I thought it was really cool how he is not afraid of people knowing that he still likes the Ninja Turtles.
I am past the halfway point of my college career now, and I still have things in my room that showcase my interest in the Ninja Turtles. I have posters on my walls; one of my blankets is of the Ninja Turtles; and both of my pillows have Ninja Turtles pillowcases on them. When I'm doing homework, I like to have a little background noise. So I pop in a Ninja Turtles cartoon video and listen to that while I work on a paper. It never fails to amaze me when someone will be walking down the hall, notice what is on my TV, and go, "Is that the Ninja Turtles?" And then they'll start watching and be like, "I remember this show! I used to watch it all the time as a kid!" And that we'll both recall memories from yesteryear about our favorite foursome. At the writing of this post, I have "Combat Land" playing in the background. I am working on a Ninja Turtles website on Microsoft Word, though with my college schedule, I don't get to work on it that often. I wear my Ninja Turtles t-shirt around campus. No one cares what you wear in college, and I have been surprised on more than one occassion when I see people who have a cool Ninja Turtles shirt that I didn't know existed. I even incorporate the Ninja Turtles in the classroom. For example, in my Intro to Human Relations class this year, each person had to have something to identify themselves by. One girl is known as "Irish-Catholic-Bartender" and another girl is known for having one brown eye and one green eye. I'm "Ninja Turtles Fan," and it made people laugh when I picked it. For my Public Speaking class last year, I gave a Rhetorical Criticism on the "Rise and Fall of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." I had a research paper and PowerPoint to fully illustrate it. Out of the 200 or so speeches we had to listen to for that class, mine was voted as one of the top five speeches of the year. As soon as the class knew I was doing a speech on the Ninja Turtles, they literally woke up and took notice (people had a tendency to space off in that class). I am not afraid to admit that something that gave me joy 10-12 years ago still brings a smile to my face today. I think people who can admit things like that are more mature than those who consider themselves "too old" for cartoons, action figures, etc. I'm a Ninja Turtles fan, and I'm not afraid to show it! "I hate to say it, but these robots don't have many weak spots!" - Leonardo, from "Combat Land" |
|
|
|
|
|